Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Chat

Go down 
+18
Totally Isn't Maxxtoron
Teedler
Mr Allen J
Leonir01
UltraNERO
Sairei
Whitefire
KuatYards
Randomnator
ThePrussianCompy
Glict
Celo the Impossible
The Stalker of Shadows
FlowerFox
ViperaUnion
Zaroas
Darkel
Whoster
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

Location : That one place. you know where it is. Stop by and say hi!

General Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 pm

I managed to rest my Entire Operating system somehow. I't Linux. That's suppose to be impossable! Took all day yesturday to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Celo the Impossible

Celo the Impossible

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:29 am

Glad to see Glict and Prussian here, now Smile
Okay well I am planning on submitting an rp I made a while back to this site, but am unsure
Also if anyone with a DA is interested, I am working on a thing next month called The October Project, a community project and contest for bully awareness
You can find out more here

On another note... I love the recent stories in the story section XD I showed them to my cousin. "Immediately Celo came through the walls, Japaning." -Whoster the Racist Snake is now here Skype tagline. Congrats, Dark. You're quote is going to end up becoming famous XD
Back to top Go down
http://celo99.deviantart.com
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 5:27 pm

I just read that story out of curiosity.

My gosh I would laugh so hard but it's quiet time in the dorm. XD
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Lol, glad it was enjoyable Very Happy (I plan on making a part 2!)
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Darkel.

I am not your buttmonkey.

I'm your uncle.

And you are my monkey.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Are you going to change the chatbox quotes in your sig periodically?
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Excuse me but I just almost choked when I read this:
pfahaha:
Back to top Go down
Celo the Impossible

Celo the Impossible

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 pm

I wonder what inspired that XD
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:51 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:00 pm

You know, several days ago I had an idea for an RP. Storyweb is a bit short of them, but unfortunately I forgot entirely what my idea was...
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Well that sucks.

I've had an idea floating around in my head for a long time but I'm not sure anyone will be particularly interested in it, and I have no idea where I'd go with it. :/
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Tell us the general idea and see if banyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Sar, whatever that "Everyone gonga or you're fired" sig was, it made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:04 pm

I have several ideas a week that would make good roleplay ideas,but I always forget them before I write them down. I also don't think I could run an rp. My few attempts never generated any interest at all. And there have been a few. Once on Ruthless Galaxy and Twice on roleplex.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Darkel wrote:
Sar, whatever that "Everyone gonga or you're fired" sig was, it made me laugh.

That's the Administrator from Team Dance- Team Fortress 2.
Didn't you know? You can conga in TF2 now.
And square dance.
And fly.
And- ok I'll be quiet now.

The Stalker of Shadows wrote:
Tell us the general idea and see if banyone is interested.

Ok. This might be a bit wordy.

It takes place in the distant future of Earth, where overcrowding has become a serious problem. Instead of terraforming other planets to suit our needs, these scientists invent a dimensional gate that allows you to travel to other alternative Earths in other dimensions. After some searching, they find a suitable, seemingly uninhabited Earth that is vastly different from the one we call home. This Earth, which I have named Edgeworld, is composed entirely of floating continents that orbit around a molten core. There is atmosphere, and while a bit thin, it is breathable and the 'planet' if you can so call it one, is empty of sentient life.

So they start moving people in to this new world after establishing basic outposts. After about ten years, good-sized cities have been established on Edgeworld.
And that's when the Gate breaks. Cut off from Earth, the cities slowly start to run out of power and resources. Technology becomes prized, and only the rich and powerful possess it. Things go downhill from there as technology continues to fail, having to do with something in the atmosphere or magnetic field or something. (never really mapped out why, but everything just starts going nuts and only basic things like laser pistols and watches actually remain functional.)

So when the shields go down and the artificial gravity generators fail, (as Edgeworld has gravity akin to that of our Moon) everyone starts to get a little crazy. It doesn't help that since the gravity has gone, the local fauna now finds it fit to reclaim their land. The local fauna turns out to be a lot bigger and a lot smarter than most people thought.
These critters are gigantic serpents possessing as many as six sets of large, membrane-y wings, and two or no legs.
And the worst part is, any children born on Edgeworld seem to have the ability to talk to them...and they appear to be sentient.

So obvious problems
-Fix the Gate and restore normality or adapt to the new conditions?
-Kill or tame these giant creatures?

So yeah. There's the brief general summery idea.
I dunno where I'd go with that, really, but it's been in my head for awhile.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 pm

I'd love to jion an RP like that. If you can sort it out that is.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Nice idea Sar! If you make that, I may join it if I can come around to it.

I actually had a really similar one, in the aspect of a future earth. It involved the sun burning out and the human race surviving on without it. Although I decided to postpone hat because I have another idea. But even then, I'm not sure if I myself should make another to atm. I might let everyone else have a turn for a while. But the new idea revolved around a race of creatures living deep underground, called Dreadmen.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:39 am

I like your idea, Sar. It's sci-fi, so it's got more rules than pure fantasy, but it's got the elements of fantasy with people having the power to talk to the alien creatures if they're born on the planet in an alternate dimension. People would have lots of fun with that idea.

Dark, I'm not sure about a story involving the sun burning out. Unless people anticipated it and managed to get close to the earth's core (Which would take many years) where they could use its energy, humans would go extinct rapidly after the destruction of the sun, too quick to even allow us to react and save ourselves. The same could be said of all other life, except for marine creatures that live in the darkest trenches of the ocean, where thermal vents (The only source of energy known to man that has ever replaced the sun as the first source of energy on a food chain) would keep them from dying, although even then, the majority of sea life would die, too. It might make more sense to say the sun underwent a rapid increase in luminosity that began to bake the surface of the planet, since that's an accelerated variant of what is actually happening to our sun currently. It would make it possible for people to have time to move underground, and more of the world's underground could be used in that fashion, because it wouldn't be freezing cold on the planet's surface.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 2:56 am

Hmm well if y'all think it's a good idea I could probably have an OOC up by tomorrow, or Monday. :l

I mean I have almost every detail about it written down in Word. It'd just be a matter of cleaning it up and finding a direction to take it...
Back to top Go down
Celo the Impossible

Celo the Impossible

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:56 am

It sounds awesome Sar Very Happy cants wait to join ^^

Also I went ahead and move Mechanical gods here. It is a meta human rp which I know a lot of you guys dislike lately, but it has drawbacks that weren't in the other site's rps like power limitations. Lots of that. And also the plot is different from those ;v;
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:47 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
I like your idea, Sar. It's sci-fi, so it's got more rules than pure fantasy, but it's got the elements of fantasy with people having the power to talk to the alien creatures if they're born on the planet in an alternate dimension. People would have lots of fun with that idea.

Dark, I'm not sure about a story involving the sun burning out. Unless people anticipated it and managed to get close to the earth's core (Which would take many years) where they could use its energy, humans would go extinct rapidly after the destruction of the sun, too quick to even allow us to react and save ourselves. The same could be said of all other life, except for marine creatures that live in the darkest trenches of the ocean, where thermal vents (The only source of energy known to man that has ever replaced the sun as the first source of energy on a food chain) would keep them from dying, although even then, the majority of sea life would die, too. It might make more sense to say the sun underwent a rapid increase in luminosity that began to bake the surface of the planet, since that's an accelerated variant of what is actually happening to our sun currently. It would make it possible for people to have time to move underground, and more of the world's underground could be used in that fashion, because it wouldn't be freezing cold on the planet's surface.

That's precisely how I was going to do it. Sorta. I planned out that the humans expected it (because we already have, per science says that the sun will burn out in about 5 billion years) and they went underground, towards the core before it happened.
Back to top Go down
ThePrussianCompy

ThePrussianCompy

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Interesting ideas. I'll definitely look into them if you guys get them off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Well dere ya go. Edgeworld is up.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Sairei wrote:
Well dere ya go. Edgeworld is up.

Checking it out now.

BTW if you guys Ever complain about a missing letter Z in anything i type in an RP I have an excuse. My Z key isn't working right. 3 and a half years of abuse and something I can't fix finally happenes to my Lapptop........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: