Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Chat

Go down 
+18
Totally Isn't Maxxtoron
Teedler
Mr Allen J
Leonir01
UltraNERO
Sairei
Whitefire
KuatYards
Randomnator
ThePrussianCompy
Glict
Celo the Impossible
The Stalker of Shadows
FlowerFox
ViperaUnion
Zaroas
Darkel
Whoster
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Teedler

Teedler

General Chat - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Wups
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:59 am

What
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:27 am

Istilldon'twantsteam.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:52 am

Whoster wrote:
Istilldon'twantsteam.

whynot
it'ssoeasytouse
I'llbeyourfriend
bahahah
alsofreegames

FREE CRAP!
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 6:14 am

If it weren't for Steam I wouldn't have Besiege and I'd be considerably less happy because of it.
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:42 am

Steam is for steamy people.

That is potentially the strangest thing I have ever said.

Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm

I mainly use Steam for this:

Roadtrip Simulator:
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm

...hello? Anyone here?
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:42 am

NO
NO ONE IS HERE

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHA--- //shot
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox

FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:26 pm

My birthday's coming...
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:49 pm

How come you never visit the chatbox? Heck, how come most of you don't visit the chatbox?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 8:31 pm

I have a job I'm starting tomorrow, and I'm in a business involving network marketing already. Been very busy, lately.
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:31 pm

I actually meant Sar and you other weirdos. You know who you are. Maybe I don't. But you do.

Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:10 am

Because like I said: if you want to talk to me go on Steam. .-.
Or if you really want to know what's going on in my wonderful life you can read this:

{{WARNING! HUGE MONSTER POST APPROACHING!}}

//startrant//

In other news I've been trying for over a month now to get a job but no places seems to want my services. I'm inexperienced in that I haven't ever had a paying full-time job before, unless you count a babysitting gig I did for a couple weeks before the guy who hired me vanished off the face of the planet. Last summer was supposed to be "Sar actually gets a real job" but it didn't happen due to some complications which I'll explain now.
General Chat - Page 15 Community_image_1415313958
My parents are getting incredibly aggravated with my joblessness because I don't have my drivers' license. Before you make fun of me for that, I have a crippling fear of driving. The very thought of it stresses me out and makes my hands shake... I was supposed to get it last summer but I had a panic attack and it never happened. That was the most stressful summer of my life. You know it's bad when I was counting down the days when I'd get to go back to my craptastic high school. I'm also supposed to go back to college in a few months but I don't have a dorm room, so I need to get an apartment. The people I keep calling for rental houses/apartment rooms won't call me back. I also can't pay for an apartment unless I have a job but my parents insist I sort out the apartment thing first.

On top of all this my social life is falling apart. I have several 'friend groups' I suppose. One particular group does not like to associate with my other groups. So if I want to hang with them I have to come alone or not at all. Well, awhile back I stopped hanging with them for awhile because of other complications involving romance, (hey I'm allowed to like people right?) and their 'leader' took it incredibly personally. That whole issue was eventually sorted out but it left me feeling like their 'leader' didn't trust me at all. I also learned that his outward personality was NOT AT ALL accurate for who he really was. As you can imagine, I was incredibly upset and since then things have not been the same between us.

General Chat - Page 15 Shattered

But then things got worse.

A friend of mine not within this group (but is friends with them) happened to also become romantically involved with a certain person, and the 'leader' of the group lost his mind and started harassing her because she started spending time with her romantic interest...She DID NOT stop hanging with this group the way I did for a little while, so the entire fit their 'leader' threw was COMPLETELY uncalled for. Being the guardian that I am, I basically told him to "eff off" (I was a lot nicer but that was the general message) and he proceeded to tell me I was ruining his life and that I couldn't possibly understand what he's going through yada yada yada garbage drama BS because I told him to leave my friend alone. So what? Maybe Sar just gives bad advice for how to treat people? You tell me. AND I QUOTE MYSELF...
"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever."
His response?
"That's horrid advice."

General Chat - Page 15 Image

It's been a week now and he still won't talk to me. The last things he said to me were that I am selfish, narrow-minded, arrogant, and uncaring.
For defending a friend I am selfish, narrow-minded, arrogant, and uncaring.
For defending a friend that he was harassing. Guilt-tripping. Whining at.
I'M the selfish one.

So you know what?
General Chat - Page 15 Download%2B%252830%2529
I have other, more important things to worry about. I am not going to waste my time catering to the childlike needs of someone who couldn't take a punch from a butterfly. Am I too violent for you? Too harsh?
News flash: I'm not the nicest person on the face of the planet. If you hurt me, I will break your face. Treat me nicely and I'll bring you flowers and cookies. Take your pick.

//endrant//

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 9:09 pm

I really do understand how frustrating your whole life probably feels right now, Sar. Once you’re out of high school, or even in high school itself, life cracks down on you and then you feel like you’re being bombarded by every form and fashion of responsibility and social turmoil. It tears up your social life, it ruins your private life and your home life. My situation is different, but I’m leaping through hoops trying to find the money to pay for college, to actually sell this mobile app without making people run the other way, and just the general anxiety of day-to-day life that’s so hard to dispel because I don’t have proper time to relax. I have to live through it, either way.

Things will get better; it just drives you up the wall for a bit, but everyone is going through a lot of traumatic life situations, and we don’t really have any options other than to just endure it. You’ll make it through this, you just have to keep trudging along.

That in mind, this was all I could say. I hope it’s helpful, but even if it isn’t, I completely understand what you’re going through right now, and I really want you to know that I care about the fact that you’re having those problems.

Also, I have been able to drive for over a year…still hate it.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 2:29 am

*huge sigh*

Thanks Vipes... I'd just like to see things go right for once, y'know?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:17 pm

A lot of stuff gets overwhelming, and I completely understand how that feels. It's hard to notice anything positive when things get like that, but the situation usually improves after awhile. Just try to fix the things that you can control, and if you don't have control over something, don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 1:53 pm

If I may speak on this, I find it relatable myself. I'll try not to turn this around and make it about me, but your situation is relatable enough that I want to show you my own situations, so that you'll see how much I understand.

For one, don't feel bad about not having your license yet. I didn't get mine until I was 18. I share the same fear of driving. Fear of driving is definitely not irrational. Just a few weeks ago, my best friend lost someone she had gone to school with to a car accident and the tragedy that had unfolded was awful. Since then I have been far more attentive while driving.

Things not going my way is something I experience day by day, and I can relate to the feeling of total confusion and frustration with the way things work out. I struggle with moderate depression and severe social anxiety, and I am far more susceptible to feelings of defeat and torturous, self-degrading thoughts that some. It interferes with every aspect of my life and has prevented me from getting jobs until this summer, when I am forcing myself to get one to get my parents off my back and to pay for my insurance.

I am an extremely analytical person (I doubt any normal person could even comprehend how analytical I am). I believe it is this very mindset that is the source of my problems. I overthink things to the point I confuse myself. I cannot function without the perfect plan, and ever tiny and minuscule detail is crucial to my happiness. When life throws me around and ruins my plans, gives me things I did not see coming, it destroys me and it's almost like I can see no good or positive thing from the situation. The confusion you feel is something I know all too well.

There's nothing wrong with liking someone. You had more strength than I do when you confessed this. I am usually too distrustful of people to ever, ever admit to them any of my romantic feelings simply because of how many times I have been double-crossed in the past. So take strength in that, that you had the guts to even admit it, whereas someone like me denies such things. I often don't even tell my best friends, because that is how much of a distrusting person I am. I'd be much quicker to admit my romantic feelings for someone IRL to all of you here on the internet than someone I physically know. In fact I've even done that, I've gotten relationship advice from Whoster and Celo before. The anger and stress that I get from all this anxiety, depression, and caged fear from real life, I believe is a major contributing factor to my past infamous activities on the web, which I am trying hard to forget.

Sairei wrote:
General Chat - Page 15 Image

This picture could not be any more true. It sums up about 100% of any relationship I have ever been in, romantic or otherwise. To give you an even clearer picture of me, I have never had a girlfriend. The closest thing I had was way back in middle school, for two weeks, but that hardly counts now. Each time I have ever tried to get involved with someone, and that number is large, I have experienced the same message displayed in that picture. I have been at the bottom hand of a plethora of one-sided relationships. I try to avoid any sort of icky romancy cliche lines when I say this, but the only way I can say it and be accurate is if I say that I am an incredibly passionate (again for lack of a better word) person (not just in romantic affairs, mind you. I also take passion in my art (none of which anyone here has actually seen and cannot be found on my dA), my writings, etc.). I often put in far more care and effort than the other person does, and I go above and beyond, honestly. I'm not bragging or anything, but I honestly do my best, even too much sometimes, to prove that I am an ideal mate, capable of caring and providing as much support and kindness as possible and never ever falling into what many females see as a typical male complex (i.e. Being a jerk, cheating, being a "pig", etc). At a certain point of pouring out efforts, I become fed up with being given next to nothing, sometimes deliberately nothing, in response, and move on. Well, now I see I am rambling a bit. But as far as the "leader" of this group goes, tell him to get over it. At that point, that's what I would do.

Like you, I have many friend groups. Although recently I have been moving more and more into a specific one, which is good. I understand how complicated that is, the groups. I have been a drifter and a floater my whole life until just now.

In other words, I understand your social complication, though mine I believe has a slightly different twist to it. I understand your fears completely. I have crippling anxiety, especially in the social aspect.

If you need to talk about anything, I'm always open. If you can't reach me on Steam, pm me here. If I'm not here, you're welcome to whip up a quick account over on RG and PM or chat with me there. I'm usually always there. It sort of acts as my "main site" now.
Back to top Go down
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Remember that famous song, "You don't always get what you want..."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks Dark.
I'm sorry you've not encountered anyone worthy of your attention. :/ Girls are mean, people are jerks...

As for me, things have changed a little.

I don't associate with that isolated friend group anymore. Their 'leader' is perfectly ok with my friend still being there but 'my' presence is just despicable. So ok whatever I have other, better friends.

I still don't have any housing for college because the friend I'm supposed to room with decided not to actually become a student at the college I'm going to. I should also mention she didn't tell me this until a few days ago, completely screwing both of us out of any housing remotely near campus, because it's for STUDENTS ONLY. I don't know what she was thinking, applying for student housing when she's not a student? How on Earth did she expect that to work?!

I dunno if she's embarrassed or what but things haven't been the same between us since that incident. She left my house rather abruptly and then I was crying for the next twenty minutes. Too much was hanging on that working out, and now there's another thing that I have to find and pay for by myself.

Still no job and no license.

Hhhhfff...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 pm

I can't really say anything except that it wasn't right for your friend to do that. If she decided a long time ago that she wasn't going to the school, she could have told you earlier and then you would have still had time to find a different roommate, and you wouldn't have had the problem you're having right now. Despite that, your friend probably feels really bad about it, although I can’t really say that I feel any sympathy. I know that sounds horrible, but there’s no other way to put it aside from the fact that she really caused a lot of problems for you. I’m not a hateful or begrudging person, but people have to hold themselves accountable for their mistakes.

As for how you go about solving all the issues you have, if I were you, I would try to pick one of the three things, apartment, job, or license, and try to do that alone first, before I tried to get the other two. I would personally try to get the license first, because it seems like you might have to drive, regardless of how things turn out. If you can drive, driving alone might be enough to take a lot of the pressure from your parents off of you, because then you can arrange your own job interviews and get where you need to be without any help. Believe it or not, your parents might be pushing you as hard as they are because they’re actually really worried about whether or not you’re capable of being independent. That was the reason for my own parents’ actions, but as the situation is, I can only speak from personal experience. I can’t really say my situation is the same as yours, but I really do want to help, if that’s possible.

Again, if you need help or just someone to talk to, I’m here, and I really want to do anything within my power that would make things easier for you. Being stuck in that kind of situation stinks, and I wouldn’t wish that sort of thing on anyone. I really hope that things get better for you, Sar.
Back to top Go down
Star Platinum

Star Platinum

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Still lurkin'
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Anyone here interested in/heard of Subnautica?

I bought it over the steam summer sale and it's a lot of fun to play, even though it is still in early access.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Well, I haven't heard of it before, but I looked it up just now. The designs for some of the creatures in it are beautifully done. I really like the style that the developers went for, if the art for it is any sort of indication of the game itself. Any game with creatures that cool gets my interest, right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: