Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Chat

Go down 
+18
Totally Isn't Maxxtoron
Teedler
Mr Allen J
Leonir01
UltraNERO
Sairei
Whitefire
KuatYards
Randomnator
ThePrussianCompy
Glict
Celo the Impossible
The Stalker of Shadows
FlowerFox
ViperaUnion
Zaroas
Darkel
Whoster
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

General Chat - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah it's gotten better in the past week. I'm hoping to build it up in the weeks to come so that it is sustainable on its own.

And hey, welcome back. Haven't seen you in forever lol. Good to hear from you again!
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

Location : That one place. you know where it is. Stop by and say hi!

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:25 pm

:-)
Happy to be back.
I also popped in on Ye Ole Sporum for old time sake.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Oh yes I saw lol.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Surprised that place is still running. Or that Spore is on steam.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:04 am

You and me both lol.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whoster
Admin
Whoster

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:40 pm

That is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Scary. Patriotic, but scary...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 am

I know I just randomly popped in but I do have a possible RP idea... But its more of an experiment in alternative to story telling. And possibly laziness.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 am

Alrighty. Tell us more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:32 am

Well I want to run an RP both with my up coming Promotion and what not I may not have time for it. I'll spare the story idea, but I'll tell the Rest.

Basically OP creates the basic story, the universe, Ect....

He then list needed characters. Say so many mages or bosses and what not as core characters. Or lists and names characters and give a basic Bio. THen have Folks apply or submit character. then you supply each RPer the needed info for only the character they'll use. Then set em loose. as the story goes you update them with info as needed so you can shape the story while having little involvement if you choose. It's like running the story with a lot of little mini co GMs.

It's a rough idea of what I may do if anyone is interesting in trying out a story ran like this. If so I DO have a roughed out World and a few key characters worked out as well. Or you can adapt it and use it in your won RP. As I said I though of it as a possible way for me to try and run an RP around my New work scedual
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm interested, although I'm not sure how it would turn out unless I saw the finished product. It might be cool, though, to just be given a character made by someone else and then trying to portray them, rather than inventing one from scratch. It's kind of similar to this idea that I myself had.

I actually had my own idea unrelated to the RP's for the story section, but with other people giving me characters to write as, though some of my own will be present, too. That way, I could make a really complex plot without dealing with the confusion of trying to explain rules to other people, and they can enjoy seeing what I do with the cast of characters they give me. I'd probably give people the options of giving me the character's name, gender, age, appearance, and abilities (Ranging from unique combat powers to magic or cyborganics or mutations). I'll try to stay loyal to those characters, but they might get altered if there's a balancing issue. I might make them villains or heroes, or they might have a happy/tragic past. I want the story to have a lot of variety.

That in mind, I would like to write a story, and I just wanted to know that if I did this, would everyone be willing to give me characters? The plot I have in mind, you could go crazy with the appearances and powers, since it would be the kind of thing where wearing feathered boas with floral-print shirts and pointy-toed shoes might be commonplace, and a talking dinosaur might start fighting with an artificially-created unicorn.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Hey I'm up for it!

I'll have to scrp together my idea. I'll get to it sometime tonight maybe. Been busy all week at work getting training.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Well, then you can expect me to join it. I'll see how long it takes to work on setting up the story, too.

Something tells me people will have a lot of fun with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:31 am

Now maybe I'll get to it. I literally passed out last night due to a lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:58 pm

That's not good. You need to try to get sufficient sleep. It's not good for your health to neglect rest.

Also, for some strange reason, new post icons aren't showing up, so I'm not recognizing when someone posts until I see their name. Either something's wrong, or I'm seeing things.

A final note, in a few minutes, My story's introduction will be up.

Anyone who wants to give me a character to throw into the story should PM their information to me, including name, gender, age, appearance, personality, and powers/skills. This in mind, when you design the character, try to refrain from giving the character any fixed set of goals relating to the story's events, or any sort of biography. (Or that will interfere with implementation) Also, don't always make someone with powers. They might not be used. If you make a character that isn't human, try to restrict them to something humanoid in appearance, like mermaids or harpies.

Another note of precaution, while I might still use them, anyone who wants to submit a character should try to refrain from giving me too many characters that are younger than eighteen years of age if you want them to have a more major role, since the appearance of a character in the story is no guarantee that they'll be there as a permanent member of the cast, and not a temporary guest. I want a more realistic distribution of age groups, so people in their twenties or older, although it doesn't rule out something like a ten-year-old showing up.

Also, the more signature your character's appearance, the more likely they will have a more major role, since they have distinguishing features, and I may try to draw them in concept art. Don't try to make them normal or plain-looking. Go crazy with clothing and makeup, give it lots of detail even if you would never find attire like it in the real world. Also, try to refrain from communication or internet technology, which would consist of earphones, any kind of Ipod or phone, or something that links to web. If you build a semi-robotic character or something sci-fi, nothing that they have should involve digital communication. This is what I would heavily recommend for any sort of appearances and design. It's going to be part of the story's theme.

Okay, with those parameters out of the way, feel free to go ahead and PM characters. Try to keep them a secret between you and me, though, so that people can really enjoy their debut when they appear without any spoilers.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

My hands are tied till Saturday night. I have to work..
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:56 am

I'm a little late for the party but could I submit characters for you to use without actually participating? I love making characters and while I've been sitting here writing this, I've already thought up two.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:53 pm

I've got a character two-thirds of the way done. Should be finished and PM'd soon.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Le quiet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Go ahead and send me the info in a PM. It doesn't require participation other than the general info, and if you want, you can give me new clothing descriptions or timeskip descriptions, in case I do one later and you want to show the characters changing what their attire is or aging appearance-wise. I was getting worried that nobody wanted to actually give me characters. I figured it would work out because people often get more character ideas than what they can actually use with their RP's, though (at least I do, at any rate). If all those ideas got used in an RP, you'd have probably over ten characters per person.

At any rate, without some characters it's hard to make the long, beginning posts that usually make the stories have a good start. The intro is pretty much just background, along with the main theme.

When it comes to the characters, there's no guarantee what kind of role they'll play in the story. They might be a main bad guy, a protagonist, or they could just appear briefly. I think it might be interesting, though, to see what happens to them. It's your character, so you know their personality, but otherwise, they'll be more novel, because you still don't know what their actions will be..
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 am

Finally got it done, hope I kept the character in the guidelines. At least this being finished means more time for my RG post (which desperately needs to be whittled down, I keep adding things without finishing other parts, it's terrible).
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Your character is great! You gave me just enough to outline a unique, complex personality, without giving them anything defining that would narrow down what I could do with their role. I already have an awesome idea of the character development.
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 am

Sweet, glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Now I wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat   General Chat - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: