Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avena (IC)

Go down 
+2
Canis_dirus
Sairei
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

Avena (IC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Tyrael watched Claptrap for a moment, confused. He wondered where the small being had come from, and why it was so excited about everything. This was not a fun outing to Tyrael, he had responsibilities, and he had already been gone long enough when he arrived in the strange castle. He then looked back at Lellis, trying his best to ignore the lunacy around him.

"Others?" he asked, "what do you know of them?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 am

Lellis looked exasperated now, his feelings brought on by Tyrael's question and the Runaway's desire to leave.

"All of you!" he shouted suddenly, pointing in a wide circle to the people around him. "You're all...passengers! You all got caught in the ride!" He took a deep breath. "I don't know what force brought you here, but whatever it is...it's out there." He pointed dramatically to the castle gate some distance away, beyond which a few trees could be seen swaying in the wind. The light was fading however, and soon it would be dark. As if this fact brought on his madness, Lellis began to cackle wildly. "I should shut the gate. Yes. Before any of the beasts come through tonight. You're all welcome to stay, by the way. There's plenty of rooms to sleep in." He raised his silvery arms and adopted a comical pose, pointing his fingers oddly at the gate and uttering obscure words.

Nothing of interest happened, but Lellis continued to stare at the gate and mumble words that Eleanor could only assume to be arcane. The gate wasn't following his 'instructions' to close, and at this point Eleanor felt bad for the strange creature. She'd seen madness before in the many spliced up citizens of Rapture, and it almost never ended well for the person in question... Especially where 'magical' abilities were involved.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

Pyro's hand held the trigger down, and a stream of fire burst from the nozzle of the flamethrower. He didn't seem to mind that the flames were pointed at his new friends, and he hopped forward, setting everything in reach on fire.

Rainbows, flowers, and unicorns now lit up the bland landscape around him, and everyone looked much happier.

"Hudda hudda hudda!" he muffled happily.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:13 am

Claptrap suddenly burst into flames from the flamethrower. He flailed his arms wildly and scooted around on his single wheel. He stopped and shouted, "Stop drop and roll, everyone, stop drop and roll!" He fell onto his back and tried to roll, but couldn't, since he was a cube. Now he was stuck, burning. He exclaimed, still faliling, "Why do I even FEEL pain!? I mean, I'm a robot for Pete's sake!" He had to think fast, even though it wasn't his forte. Think, think, think...

Claptrap jolted back on his wheel, an idea fresh in his mind, or... Processor maybe? It doesn't matter.

His single eye glowed with a few different colors, as he activated a program. This program sent out a dancing hologram of him, and made the original invisible. Even though he was invisible, he was still on fire.

He said as he looked through his small pinchers, "So this makes me invisible... Not invincible..." He paused for a moment, then yelled as he rolled in circles, "CURSE YOU, BROKEN SPELLING PROCESSOR!"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:19 am

Thel roared in response to Pyro's sudden attack, the flames impacting his suit's energy shielding, and causing the shield to take on an electrical look before he dived out of the way of the flames.
He rolled as landed, coming up and landing on his feet. He then jumped at Pyro, aiming a kick at his midsection with enough force to knock someone several feet backwards onto their back.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:29 am

With reflexes befitting a being who had been fighting demons since the beginning of time, Tyrael leapt into the air, the fire only just singing his boots as he went. He hovered several feet above the others' heads on strangely unmoving wings and looked down at them, curious. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on, everything seemed to have devolved into chaos in an instant. He didn't like it very much.

Sighing quietly, he flew away from the mess below, and approached the gate Lellis was trying to close. He set one hand on the side of the gate and simply hovered, looking out into the wilderness. Sure enough, the sun was going down, but he didn't see any 'monsters'. After a moment he decided he may as well humor their apparent host, and closed the doors simultaneously with his wings, before landing and turning back around to see if the chaos had subsided.
Back to top Go down
True Night

True Night

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:54 am

The Runaway wheeled when she felt the heat from the flamethrower and she let out an ear shattering battle battle cry. The fire whittled away at her new found damage buffer and she hardly reacted otherwise. "If you're looking for an ass-kicking keep spraying those flames." Then she turned towards Lellis. "You look all silvery, why don't you come along with me? I'd hate not to bring back something shiny from this run.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 am

Eleanor cried out sharply, jumping back away from the fire. Her suit wasn't exactly flammable, but the heat still hurt. In one fluid motion she put her helmet on, the 'eye' of it lighting up an odd yellowish color. Amidst all the hostility, Eleanor too adopted a fighting stance, her left arm raised with the menacing needle at the ready. Her right hand was open, as if she meant to pick something up.

Though Pyro couldn't see it, Eleanor was eyeing him with a dark glare. Why had he blown fire at them, and why did he appear so amused by it?

Lellis on the other hand, didn't seem to mind that his cape was now on fire. He'd caught the short tail-end of the flames, and appeared unharmed with the exception of the white cape. Having watched Tyrael shut the gate, he dropped his classic cliché telekinetic stance and looked quite exhausted. He turned towards the group once more, not noticing their newfound battle stances.

"We should head into the castle, yes we should," Lellis said, yawning. He looked at the Runaway, cocking his head to one side and looking for all the world like a curious kitten. "Bring back where? You're pretty. Maybe you should come help me decipher ancient scrolls." With that, he turned and began limping slowing back towards the door to the tower, his cape leaving a smoking trail behind him.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Pyro turned as Thel leapt at him, and the fire was replaced by a repelling blast of air to knock his attacker away. "Mmmphya harrgh mrgha hrghgph!" In one fluid motion, the flamethrower was swapped for a flare gun, pointed directly at Thel's face.

Pyro was sure that his new-found friend would like to play with bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 pm

The airblast caught Thel by surprise, pushing him back. He barely recovered, landing on his feet. "Put down your weapon creature" he said, energy sword at the ready. If this didn't go well, he considered using his other weapons since the alien seemed to have some sort of repulsive effect with its flamethrower.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:27 pm

The red clad figure tilted his head to the side, lowering the flare gun. "Mmph?" He seemed confused.

Returning the flare gun to his belt, Pyro held his flamethrower correctly and started following Lellis, muffled whistling emanating from the mask as he walked.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Tyrael folded his wings behind his back as he followed Lellis. He didn't particularly want to stay overnight purely because the mortals needed to sleep, but he had learned to take precautions under similar circumstances. As much as he disliked it, if there were monsters of some kind outside the walls, he wouldn't want to run into them alone. Not only was this place very unfamiliar, he wasn't entirely sure he'd be out fighting in his current state anyway. Certainly not alone. No, he would go inside the castle with the others, and at least look around.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:42 am

The situation with the alien in the suit resolved, Thel lowered his sword and deactivated the blades. He turned to Lellis "Why should we hide in the castle like cowards? If there are enemies, let them come." He clenched his left hand into a fist for good measure.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:47 am

In the background, Claptrap was still on fire, rolling around like an idiot. He yelled, "If you guys hadn't noticed, I STILL NEED HELP!" He quickly rolled past Lellis, hoping to get the attention of anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:41 am

Lellis took no notice of Thel's bravery, but gave pause to Claptrap's distress. Casually Lellis pulled off his still-smoking cape, patted out the flames, and then threw it over Claptrap in an attempt to extinguish him. He made an odd strangled noise before continuing his walk back to the tower doors. Reaching them, he pulled the doors open and stepped inside.

Eleanor abandoned her fighting stance seeing as the red masked one was now following Lellis. Silently Eleanor consulted her father mentally, questioning what he would do in this situation. The odd creature had invited the group to stay the night, and she so far had no reason to distrust him. She still had a lot of questions about this place, even if it might not be the same surface world she'd hoped to travel to. Her first concern was obviously getting back to her Sisters, and it seemed Lellis knew more than he was willing to speak of at this moment.

Right now it seemed as if Lellis was her best bet. She jogged over to the base of the castle and stepped inside quickly after him.

The inside of the tower was oddly featureless. It had a spiral staircase that went all the way to the top, but the stairs were steep and it would make quite the climb. There were a couple doors here and there that lead to other parts of the castle, but Lellis showed no interest in these. Instead he stood on a platform of wood on the floor. This platform was connected by thick chains to several mechanisms too high up to see properly. It appeared to be a makeshift elevator of sorts.

"All aboard!" Lellis cried, stomping one foot on the platform.

Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 4:37 am

Claptrap flailed around with the cloak covering him and as he took hold of it, he spoke, "Well gee. Who would've guessed that the only piece of clothing that you wore was actually a fire blanket." He rolled on to the platform, and handed Lellis his cape. As he did, he poked Lellis's stomach with his robotic pincher. "Eugh, you're all fleshy. And I thought you were some sort of metal man, or Iron Man... Why iron? 'Cause hardened steel plating is expensive."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Whistling in an eerie sort of way to himself, Pyro followed Lellis, his flamethrower grasped firmly in his gloved hands. He stepped onto the makeshift elevator without question. "Mrghfrr!" he muffled to everyone.
Back to top Go down
True Night

True Night

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 am

"Pft, you're barking up the wrong tree buddy." The Runaway snorted, then added. "That ain't exactly my expertise anyway." She stood there indifferently until Lellis stepped onto the platform. "Whoa! I haven't seen any castles with one of those... Sweet. I might just stick around for a while." Then she hoisted her greataxe over her should and strutted on behind the dude with a speech problem.

Out of curiosity the Runaway gave Lellis a light tap. "Darn, and here this whole I was hoping that you might be this castles treasure with how shiny you are. That's the way these things tend to work..." She trailed off, then immediately changed subjects. "So, how much are the books in your library worth?"
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:31 am

Sighing at the other's lack of willingness to explore the countryside outside the castle, Thel followed the others to the elevator and got on.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 pm

"I would value the books as priceless," Lellis answered the Runaway, "but only to those who can read them." He nodded to himself a couple times while everyone climbed aboard. "Would you like to read some?" When everyone had stepped onto the elevator it began moving upward seemingly of its own volition. It was also surprisingly stable, and moved rather quickly. It was not too long before it came to a stop at the top of the tower, lining up perfectly with another makeshift platform that functioned as a boardwalk.

The top of the tower was not large, and it was evident that Lellis had made an effort to leave as much of it as possible undisturbed. His few belongings occupied a tiny corner of the room, leaving plenty of empty space. Lellis' bed, a mat and a couple of blankets, sat closest to a large window that allowed access to dock suspended hundreds of feet above the ocean. The waves could be heard crashing against the cliffs below. Luckily, the dock was long enough that no one should harbor fears about rolling off the edge in their sleep.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Tyrael, not trusting the elevator, had flown up to the top of the tower on his own, following the others. He took in the surroundings, not very impressed. He wondered how Lellis had arrived at the abandoned castle, all on his own, especially with so few supplies. He landed lightly near the rest of the group and turned to Lellis.

"Ideally," he said, "we would all return to our homes soon. But if that is not an option, I may like to see these books."
Back to top Go down
True Night

True Night

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:47 pm

“So how much would I get if I were say to, sell them?” Runaway inquired. Without giving him time to respond she changed her mind. “Naaah, it’s much easier to snatch true valuables. You can keep your books to yourself.” She said dismissively as the elevator was rising. When it reached the top she dashed towards the dock.

“Hot damn, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the land from this up close…” As Runaway gazed at the sky above she lost her train of thought. “Not a castle in sight… So where is this place? Killer! Try to attack my castle now morons!” She cupped her hands around her mouth as she shouted at the sky. Then she extend arm upwards and raised her hand in a devil horns salute. Whipping her axe around into a guitar like position she started plucking the strings attached to the haft of her blade. It was as effective as the real deal without the need for amps or anything and magical fireworks radiated pink and blue light as she did so. To finish up her solo she turned towards the others and slid forward on her knees stopping just short of Lellis.”

I think I’m going to move in, that alright with you? Good.” She said while still bent backwards on the floor. Runaway got up and continued. “So where I come from there is one rule. What’s mine is mine, and what’s your’s is mine. If we’re agreed please direct me to the nearest comfy chair. Or better yet a throne!” She didn’t state his alternative, instead she held up her axe like a mirror and started fixing her hair from her jam session.
Back to top Go down
Glict

Glict

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 am

Claptrap added into the Runaway's statement, "I want some of that, too! Whatever that is." He trailed off slightly, "I doubt that there's anything I can use though... I'm programmed to shoot things, dance, beatbox, climb stairs, and that's about it. I'm not programmed to enjoy a lot of things that you guys would. There's only a few things I enjoy. Like dancing! Haha! We... We could all dance! And that would be so fun! AND I WOULD LAUGH AT YOUR TERRIBLE DANCE MOVES!" He then laughed like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Thel surveyed the room they had arrived in, noting Lellis' belongings as well as the dock. He was not very interested in the books at the moment, as he was still trying to ascertain where exactly this place was and why they were here.
He approached the quicksilver being "Lellis, what do you know of this place we are in?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 1:02 am

Lellis clapped softly as the Runaway finished her solo, very much impressed. He had a great deal of respect for anyone who had magical ability. He might have asked her to teach him how to summon magical fireworks if Thel had not asked him such a historical question.

"AH!" Lellis said happily. "Well this castle was abandoned long ago for unknown reasons! Not a single soul remains, except maybe the occasional ghost in the tunnels." He paused, his left ear twitching madly. "Anyhow, I've explored most of the castle and only one possible reason for this castle to be abandoned remains." Again he paused, this time for dramatic effect. His voice lowered to a whisper. "This land is cursed."

"Cursed?" Eleanor asked. Magic was not something she had ever considered to be real. Special abilities, yes, for she herself had many, as did hundreds of the citizens of Rapture. All of those powers were related to the genius and not-completely-ethical substance called ADAM. She wondered if there was a similar substance plaguing the surface, but Delta's memories told her nothing of that. Either way, this did not explain curses.

"Yes!" Lellis replied enthusiastically. "There's a curse over this castle, over the coastline, the forest, and the surrounding mountains. Consequently this land has been forsaken and abandoned!" His grin slowly fell, as an idea struck him. "Or well, I think that's what happened." His expression blanked. "How did I get here?" He began mumbling about dragons before wandering over to his nightstand and picking up a pair of what could only be described as three-quarter-moon spectacles. He put them on and turned back toward his guests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avena (IC)   Avena (IC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avena (IC)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next