Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edgeworld (OOC)

Go down 
+6
Glict
Whitefire
ViperaUnion
Celo the Impossible
The Stalker of Shadows
Sairei
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

Location : That one place. you know where it is. Stop by and say hi!

Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:36 pm

lolz.

Sadly Sar I will have to pospone my Involvment Indefiantly. My step-mom has gone off the deep end and is now Threatening to evict me from her house unless I find a better job in the next two weeks..... Stupid right? How the heck am I suppose to do that!?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:51 pm

If you want a good job on short notice, I think the food industry as a waiter on tables is a job that pays well, if you get a lot of tips from customers, although you have to have a certain manner to get really good tips.

Aside from that, your Step-Mom sounds scary.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 pm

I already have a job doing that. I't not good enought it seems. Nevermind I bust my Rearend there to make money only to use most of it to pay HER bills. at best i get to keep $20 bucks and that covers lunch for when im at work.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:07 am

Seriously gahhh parents whyyy

I'm sorry about that, and sad to see you go, but...life's life. :/
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 am

...Wow.
No really why ._.

hhh... Well good luck I guess.

In other news I have no idea what kind of character to make.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox

FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:45 pm

I will most likely be joining this. (If I can actual stop myself from procrastinating and get to making those sheets. Razz) Definitely not tonight or tomorrow, though. Maybe Thursday, but I'm pretty sure I won't get a chance until this weekend.

I already have the characters planned out. (They've been in my mind for a while...)

Also, a picture of what the two types look like would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: And it looks like I own the third page.

Not that it really matters.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Flowerfox owns the third page.

O___O

I'd like all character sheets to be submitted by Sunday at the latest. I figure that's plenty of time, but if there's an issue tell me and I can wait. x3

I'll also see about getting some sketches done and putting them on the first page.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows

The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm

I still plann to get a sheet in dispite what's going on with my step mom, but I have no idea when I'll get it in. Basically at this point she will only let my use my laptop to look for a job and that alone. No music. No net surfing. No nothing. And that in of itself is motivation to not even want to turn it on.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:36 pm

You might try getting a job as a security guard. It's what I do, and it pays well and has good hours.
Sorry about your step mom man that sound really rough
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:02 am

I'm going to see if I can get a sheet in this afternoon, I've just been really busy.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:41 am

Ok then. I need to put some sheets up as well actually. XD That'll have to wait until I get out if class though.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:16 am

Okay, got my character sheet. I tried to make a character that could stand alone, if I can't think of a human character to make.

Name: Gorsedd
Race: Dragon
Ethnicity: Inva
Faction: Anti-Human (Well, sort-of)

Appearance: Gorsedd is a member of the Inva race of dragons, but is strongly characterized by looking more like a winged serpent, than an actual dragon, as one would envision. In length, she is notably small, being only 12 feet from the tip of her nose to her tail. Her body is not thin or fragile in appearance, however, but appears to be pure muscle, being as thick as 4 feet in diameter in her center of gravity. Adversely proportioned to her short length, her wings are of the largest known spans among her kind, being 32 feet. Gorsedd possesses four pairs of wings, arranged near the frontal part of her body, behind a long neck, as well as a single pair of legs.

Gorsedd’s wings are arranged in a unique fashion on her body, connected to the same central point of gravity, which makes her form more compact and in many ways, maneuverable in flight. Her wing pairs, arranged in two groups of four, consists of one upper pair of wings, located higher up on her back, resting a certain space above a lower pair that when opened points at a down-ward angle. This creates an X-wing appearance when viewed from the front, and Gorsedd (As she possesses four wing pairs) possesses two X-wings, one after the other, all having a wingspan of 32 feet. Gorsedd’s single pair of legs is located a little below the lower pair of the first set of X-wings, and is somewhat further forward. Her legs, because of this positioning, are compared to the front-legs of a creature, having only one joint like an arm or bird, with four fingers and a thumb tipped with sharp talons, and while used to hold up the frontal part of her body, she primarily uses slithering as locomotion, preferring her claws for handling things.

Gorsedd’s face is viper-like, having a distinct arrow-like shape to it, as well as pit-like organs between her nose and her eyes that make it possible for her to detect a heat signature. The scales on her face are smoother, save for sharp spike-like ones that accent her ‘cheeks’ or more precisely, the swollen areas of her skull that indicate her venom glands. She also has scaly horns that are straight and triangular in appearance that point backwards and begin at the very back of the skull, distinct from, a mane of shorter horn-like spikes that consist of five rows that increase along the back of her head in length. Because these horns are more like her scales, they possess the same coloration as the rest of her body. Gorsedd’s round eyes are contained within indentations on her skull, which hides them from above or below, although when looked at from the right angle, they catch the light like mirrors, because of the scales that cover and protect them. Gorsedd’s eyes are a golden color, although because they look strongly like the metal due to their reflective quality, it may be considered like bronze, or more precisely, brass, with elliptical or slitted pupils.

Gorsedd’s scales are like those of a venomous snake, possessing a raised ridge down their centers (Keeled scales) that result in her scales looking duller, although this is due more to light scattering, and up close, the flatter surfaces of her scales are actually quite sleek in appearance. This lack of a reflective quality is meant to make her more difficult to see, serving as natural camouflage and armor, as well. Gorsedd’s appearance is unique in that her coloration is made to conceal her from sight in the dark (during the nighttime) but make her appearance obvious in bright light (during the day).

The color of her scales is primarily a bright, blood-red color, which is the first color to vanish due to a lack of light. These colors fade to a darker brownish-maroon color running from the center towards the sides, and then, once the plate-like scales on her belly are reached, fade to a dark black. Closer towards the center of her back, the blood-red gradually dissipates into a hot-pink or magenta color, and finally, reaches a fire-yellow stripe that runs down her back in alternating fading shades mixing the color with bright orange. Around the edges of this orange-and-yellow stripe, there are alternating patches of black and white. The bottoms parts of Gorsedd’s legs and the undersides of her wings are black like her belly, rendering her shape invisible when viewed in flight during nighttime hours. The top of her wings possess a coloration that is pure black around the edges, and dappled with faded dark patches that strongly break-up their outline when viewed from above, which can disorient foes. The undersides of her entire body possess a unique structure (If viewed from a microscope) which reflects more light than the rest of her body, raising the illumination of her shape when viewed from below to that of the night sky, due to the reflection of light intended being minute traces from the core of Edgeworld.

On Gorsedd’s face, which is the base color of blood-red, her eyes are hidden by a series of three long black stripes that fade into a patch of creamy -yellow-white, which then fades back to the base color. These three black stripes further cause disorientation, because it makes one struggle to determine where they eyes actually are, because they also break up any outlines present. The lower half of Gorsedd’s face is black like the rest of her body. The inside of her mouth possesses sharp, needle-like teeth that are somewhat jagged and point backwards, and sharp, viper-like fangs are also present, ready to inject venom whenever needed. The flesh inside Gorsedd’s mouth is a pure, milk-white, excluding her black forked tongue.

Height: 4 feet (When standing, she slithers more than she stands)

Personality: Although she could be classified as Anti-Human, Gorsedd is actually a mystery when it comes to what she thinks about the alien beings from the gate, at times, though her beliefs are not extremist in nature, despite the fact that she joined the movement. She does not consider humans overall to be completely bad, because to stereotype an entire race would be wrong. In her personal opinion, it would not be a complete disaster if humans were to remain in Edgeworld, although she additionally believes that if they do, there would have to be some sort of regulation or balance in place. Because they are not dragons, either Inva or Amica, she generally regards the humans as humans would regard an extremely smart talking animal: something not the same as herself, despite possessing equal intelligence. It is with this in mind that Gorsedd bases her decisions off of the belief that if Inva and Amica did not stand above the Humans, it would be the other way around, because to think dragons and humans would be equal is too idealistic, as they are far too different to ever succeed in equality, and anyone who would think realistically would be forced to accept this hard, tragic fact.

Having a natural hunger for information and knowledge regarding important topics, Gorsedd was not afraid to investigate humans when they arrived in Edgeworld. They may have never noticed her as she flew over their settlements at night, due to her camouflage being able to so effectively trick eyes from below. It is because of this that she can understand the divide between humans who support returning to their original home, and those that wish to remain in her world, as well as human behaviors, to a more abstract degree. The actions of humans in response to dragon appearances has supported Gorsedd’s belief that to keep humans and dragons together with no clear superior would result in terrible consequences. Although Gorsedd would in no way be considered arrogant or proud, she would lay claim to the belief that as the beings that had been present in Edgeworld first, Amica and Inva should be superior to humans.

Other evidence that led to Gorsedd’s Anti-human beliefs is that they fled their home planet because of over-population, which leads her to believe that even if they made peace, in the future, their civilization would begin expanding, to the point that it began forcing Inva (since Inva prefer caves to sleep in and actually land) out of their habitats. She also believes that the humans might become aggressive, due to natural feelings of superiority over what they deem to be an animal, and therefore, would begin slaughtering the dragons for more territory. Gorsedd will generally eliminate any arguments against this belief with the claim that humans are not inclined to do things that would control their population, and that they naturally reproduce faster. She will also claim that while some humans would perhaps like dragons and be fine, there would always be hostility from both sides, regardless if generations passed with the races in peace, because of differences that were impossible to completely overlook. Gorsedd will claim this to be a prejudice that will never cease as long as humans and dragons remain in the same place.

Anti-human beliefs set aside, Gorsedd is not an arrogant, mean, or evil individual, and truthfully, is actually far more mild-mannered or peaceful than most Inva are. She does not like to fight, unless it is for a legitimate reason, and even then, she feels uncomfortable with it unless it is to kill prey for food. She is generally very sweet and nice to everyone, regardless of race, including humans, whom she pities, more than hates. Her natural manners and courtesy generally surprise most, and often they will immediately find that they like her. She is an extremely honest and open individual, who seldom tells lies, and therefore, can be trusted with information, secrets, and responsibility in equal measure.

This in mind, however, Gorsedd, while seldom known for possessing a temper, should never be seen as weak. She can often detect lies due to her intuition, and is a very capable and dangerous fighter, when she needs to be. Her kindness in no way should be mistaken for her being weak, and her small size does not mean she is inferior in strength, either; an opponent may be surprised by her power. She is often the most composed of any group, and regardless of her opinion on a situation, has enough focus to remain precise and deadly in nature.

Skills: Gorsedd, while unusually small compared to other Inva, is an extremely capable hunter, both on land and in the air. Her smaller size, but more compact body and larger wings, makes her natural build highly effective, regardless of the medium she would choose to engage a foe in. She can strike with viper-like speed on land, and her flight is far swifter than typical Inva, and generally more maneuverable than a large creature such as the Amica. It should also be noted that her natural coloration and scales render her invisible when viewed from below when it is night time. In many ways, while she is extremely small, Gorsedd is a very deadly opponent in battle, unless pinned down (Since large wings can also be a hindrance, and small size does not make her heavier).

Other: Pasta
Back to top Go down
ThePrussianCompy

ThePrussianCompy

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Boo!

Name: Isaac Robin
Race: Human
Ethnicity: White
Faction: Pro-Earth
Appearance: Isaac is a pale man with black hair, which is well kept, brown eyes, and a rather muscular build. His age has given him a black beard, which isn’t incredibly thick but apparently enough to cover the skin underneath. It hasn’t really disappeared, which suggests that he tries to keep it that way. Isaac’s body is covered in various scars, most unnoticeable. These injuries come from years of scientific work – most occurring after the gate shut down, in attempts to reopen the gate, open a new one, and other experiments, unrelated or otherwise.
Isaac’s clothes tend to be long-sleeved, safe for the warmer days. He doesn’t seem to wear what can be considered as “casual wear;” Anything he wears could probably be found in an office environment – blue, buttoned shirts, khakis, collars, the occasional tie. The most common colors in his wardrobe are a pale blue, tan, or white. His formal wear isn’t too different, but perhaps with a black or tan cotton jacket that you’d expect any scientist to wear. His shoes consist of a single pair of polished black shoes.
Height: 6’1”
Personality: Isaac is a rather serious character most of the time, though he does have a sense of humor. He is also kind to others, however indirect it may seem. He is a scientist, and thus has a thirst for knowledge – he wouldn’t necessarily go to extremes to retrieve it, however. His pro-earth stance isn’t an extremist at all – he is a man who still thinks that the two worlds could coexist.
He is also rather lonely, having left his family behind when the gate closed, though it rarely shows (in public).
Skills: Isaac is a particularly good scientist; a minor celebrity in his home country on earth. He is good at problem solving – when he has a minute or two to think about it. He is also well-muscled, and thus able to put his body through a lot of strain without tiring (that being said, he has difficulty maintaining it in this lower-gravity environment). Isaac is an expert in several fields, notably astrophysics and history. He could be considered your go-to man for any information about earth.
Other: Isaac was born in a big city. He and his parents soon moved out of the city, showing their son the good side of the now polluted earth – what keeps him pro-earth today. He has a 40-year old wife and a 20-year old daughter, as wall as an 18-year old son. He is fond of pasta, especially cheese ravioli.

It always feels incomplete. If anything here interferes with your storyline, Sar, tell me and I'll fix it as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:11 am

Vipera, PrussianCompy, (dude what is your nickname now?) your characters are both accepted. :3

Back to top Go down
ThePrussianCompy

ThePrussianCompy

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:37 am

Heh, it's Prussian.

Excited to get this going.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 2:30 am

I'm wondering if I should wait for Celo and Flowerfox or put the IC up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Well I'd rather wait, except we don't know how long they'll be. There just aren't enough humans.

Also trying to write character sheets on a phone isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox

FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Looks like I missed the deadline. : P

I will try to see if I can have it tomorrow, but homework's being needy right now, so we'll see...

If you start before I'm ready, I won't be mad at you. (Only at myself.)

P.S. I am planning on making a human.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 1:51 am

Alrighty. I can wait.
Not in a huge hurry this time. XD
*stares at everyone*
*particularly Angel*
*staaares*
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Name: Vitaly Zakharovich Ankudinov
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Russian
Faction: Edgeworldian
Appearance: Short blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles.
Height: 5' 11"
Personality: Vitaly tends to be quiet, but sociable, and listens well to others. He smiles a lot, but in a soft sort of amused way.  He feels strongly about staying on Edgeworld because of his fondness of the animals and dragons. Even with his quiet demeanor though, he likes to joke and prank, but not in a way that would be harmful.
Skills: Is quite good with animals, including dragons, and finds that he likes being out in the woods/uninhabited parts of Edgeworld rather than the city. He knows the tricks and secrets of using camouflage to hide, and even though he doesn't like the city quite as much as he does the more 'wild' parts of Edgeworld, he know his way around the city, and can get you where you need to go, especially if you don't want to be seen.
Other: Pasta actually sounds really good right now :I
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Could you be a bit more specific on Vitaly's appearance? Like what he wears n' stuff? You just described half the population of California. XD
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Sairei wrote:
Could you be a bit more specific on Vitaly's appearance? Like what he wears n' stuff? You just described half the population of California. XD

OOPS. yes. I had forgotten to write more......

HERE:

Appearance: Short blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles. He likes to wear white t-shirts with the sleeves cut off (more comfortable, says he), light blue jeans, and black boots (sometime he goes without shoes). He usually has his favorite sunglasses up on his head (he forgets they're there all the time). He is well muscled, due to the fact that he is always out and about in the uninhabited parts of Edgeworld, and when he's in the city he's usually on a roof somewhere.

Is that better idk...
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Yes thank you.

Accepted. x3
Back to top Go down
Celo the Impossible

Celo the Impossible

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 am

GAH I get sidetracked too easily
Today I am going to a college to check it out and get a scholarship but I will try and work on that character sheet afterwards
Back to top Go down
http://celo99.deviantart.com
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Alright. I'm planning on putting up the IC either late today or tomorrow. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgeworld (OOC)   Edgeworld (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgeworld (OOC)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next