Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pride Days (IC)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Var comfortingly put his head beside Kyra's in a sort of hug. His eyes now began to tear up. Seeing Kyra so distraught was something that brought him great pain. "Kyra, this world is far from fair. But it is because of people like us and our friends that keep peace, even if it is temporary. Given the lessons we will provide the future generations, I can only imagine the good they will do in this world." He then backed up slightly to look at her. "You're not crazy, and they'll know that. You're a young, beautiful lioness who has been through the darkest of this world. And if our children know the spirits as we do, they'll know that the things you suffer are not just ghosts inside your head, made by your own mind. They are real things, real spirits who call out with real voices. That is something no one can ever deny anymore. Not now, not after living here."

Var sighed looked down at his paws briefly, before returning to meet her eyes. The swift silver scar below his right eye that ran down his cheek shone brightly in the morning light. "If we do not have cubs, I fear there will be only a few things left apart from each other that can keep us happy. Cubs would provide us the ultimate distraction from all of this torment... I know it sounds selfish, but after all we've been through... I think we deserve it." Var glanced over his shoulder at the exit to the den, just for a moment. "This world needs more of you and I. There are so few good lions and lionesses out there. Every day we were in Somalia, did you see a single lion who was pure at heart?" He shook his head. "If this Pride dies, I fear there will be few, if not none who are good left," he said.

"Fate gives us a chance to spread our legacy to new blood, to teach, to save a life. Our children may change someone's life some day, bring them out of darkness.... One day we will be old, Kyra. By then we cannot do much more than tell a few old stories to help people. It will be in the paws of the Pride's youth to keep our goodness alive. That is something we cannot let die." He shook his head again. Var thought for a moment, he was careful with his next words. "Before I met you I would always tell myself that it wouldn't be right if I had cubs, even a mate. I was convinced that my father's bloodline must end with me, so that it may disappear from this world. I thought my blood was cursed, and maybe it is. But meeting you has taught me that good can come from broken places. That you can change even the most hopeless of people. Now just imagine what good our children can do for others. We may have a daughter as bright as the sun, and she could find a mate who comes from a dark home, but she draws him out with her light. Imagine Kyra, the things that could happen," he added.

"I love you, and I will never do anything that would cause you any more pain. If you do not wish to bring cubs into this world, I will say nothing more. But if desire strikes you, our family will continue." He then continued, finally adding, "But know this: I will find a way to free you from this curse, even if it costs me every bone in my body."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Kyra was silent for a long time, before she looked into Var’s eyes, “If they are yours, Var, with or without the Sight, I would carry our cubs with happiness in my heart. I am new to this power, and I have not wanted it, but I will not allow fear to force me away from the things that I wish for. Together, we can still have a family filled with joy, even with these strange dreams. We cannot always choose our fate, but we can always accept it, and continue to look for the good that is in everything. We can still have cubs, and prepare them for the challenges ahead.”

She then sighed, “…I have given you my answer, but we will soon have to discuss the dreams I have had again. There is something about this, also, that I would like to say, so that we do not forget.” She looked back at Var, “We must ask Coglon and Shadow to join us, whenever we gather to speak about them. A part of me feels that they are connected to this, somehow. We must also tell Shebla, at least, of our intentions of having a family, both so that when she gives me sleeping herbs she accommodates cubs, and also, because I feel that she has a right to know.”

She tilted her head, “My father is a part of the prophesy, and so is Shebla. Because they are my family, I want to tell Gamba, Layla, Coglon, and if we find the time, Zanita, about this. I want my family to know that we will have cubs. You should tell Subira, also.”

Kyra then walked forward and touched her snout to Var’s, “We can have a family, and I want everyone to know that, just this once, it will be a happy thing. There will be no shame or sadness. We will be happy together.”

Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:11 am

Var closed his eyes, sighing. "That is all I've ever wanted, Kyra." He looked back up at her, trying to hold back his tears. "Shebla will be back soon, and she may have Ramla with her. Let's go find them," he said. He led her out of the den and into the camp. Shebla, Fusan, and Ramla were already emerging from the other side. They met with Var and Kyra by the entrance to the royal cave.

"Everyone come inside," Sira said. The group then entered the royal cave. Jali and Taru had returned just in time.

Ramla spoke first. She seemed different. Without the gray coloring in her eyes, she looked much younger. Naturally as a blind cat she couldn't do much without Shebla's aid. Even walking was a challenge. Laying around and eating all day took a toll on her body, and since her vision had been restored she was very active and hunted frequently. Her body had lost a lot of weight, making her look twice as young. Many people in the Pride had often mistook Ramla as a much older lioness, when in actuality she was barely any older than Kyra herself. However, now it was obvious that she was still young.

"Should I go find Shadow? He may have some ideas that I won't," Ramla said. "Plus he comes from another angle of teaching that I haven't seen through." In response, Shebla nodded and Ramla retreated from the den. It would only be moments before she returned with Shadow and most likely Coglon as well, as a translator to those who couldn't read Shadow's messages clearly.

Before long, Shadow and Coglon had arrived with Ramla. "Now, I've informed Ramla about the dreams. Shadow may need a summary." She then explained the dreams to Shadow and as the group settled she waited for him and Coglon to answer.

Last edited by Darkel on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Shadow nodded, his wild mane falling across his face so that his face was veiled by darkness, although continuously, his eyes flashed as though filled with lightning. He slowly waved his tail to indicate Kyra, before reaching down with a paw and drawing something in a patch of light-colored dirt inside the cave. First, he drew a shape resembling an open eye, surrounded by lines like a representation of the sun, and underneath, he sketched the shape of a small figure, either a lioness, leopard, or cheetah, curled up as though asleep. Around the images of the eye and sleeping figure, he drew a larger image of whatever the creature was. After pausing for a moment, he also added the shape of what appeared to be a snake, slowly coiling around the sleeping figure, although not in a manner that was meant to suggest it was being strangled. He also scratched at the soil around the figure of the sleeping figure, leaving marks like those left by small claws and teeth.

Coglon looked at the image, and proceeded to speak as he looked at it, never once lifting his gaze to watch those who were listening, “There will come a day when a cub is born, and at birth that cub shall inherit Kyra’s Sight. This cub will never know of dreams aside from those granted by this power, and thus will never be dissatisfied with the Sight, as others are. This cub will learn of herbs and become a healer. For this individual, the Sight shall become not simply a means by which the future is learned and feared, but it shall become a tool. Injuries shall be seen in dreams before the victims suffer them, and the healer will know the treatment and be prepared, long before they are called upon for aid.” He said.

He then looked at Kyra, “Do not think this means that this cub will be related to anyone by blood; the Sight is not inherited in such a way. The force that sustains the Sight in your dreams has chosen to use you to reveal prophesy, only until this cub has been born. Then, this new Seer shall carry the weight of the power you currently possess. Many of those you have seen in your dreams are either young, or have not been born yet, but soon will be.”

Shadow nodded slightly, to indicate that Coglon had correctly translated his images, before blotting out the old images, and drawing new ones. Before he finished, however, Shadow looked at Coglon, indicating that he wanted the translation as he drew, not simply after he had finished, the act of drawing likely carrying a message, as well. He proceeded to draw two curled-up shapes, young cubs, unborn as he drew a large shape around them. He drew a shape like fangs around one of the cubs, as though something gigantic intended to devour it, while something like a claw wrapped around the first. The cub that was within the jaws had swirling patterns around it, and a jagged line above it.

Coglon once more translated, “There are two cubs, twins, who are not yet born, an evil force rises up to destroy them, seeking to devour one, and to outright kill the other. One of the cubs is transformed by the power of this force, and cloaked with darkness; for this cub, the force seeks to assimilate it and use it for its own ends. The sibling, however, is not wanted; the force seeks to kill this second cub before birth, so that it will be stillborn.” He said, seeming to flinch slightly at the disturbing thought.

Shadow then proceeded to blot out the shape of the mother around the cubs, and drew a long scratch across the open jaws and the claw that threatened the two young creatures.

“Another force unexpectedly arrives, and it protects the two cubs from harm, allowing them to be born safely, but their mother dies because in retaliation, the evil force shall take her life to punish the two siblings,” Coglon said, as Shadow drew a smaller version of the mother, along with the claw-like shape, which had already cut jagged lines across her body. “These two cubs, however, shall not be alone, because the same force that protected them in the womb would now send someone to raise them.” Coglon continued, as lines representing adoption were drawn over the two cubs.

Shadow then erased the entire image, and continued to draw, producing images of a hyena, a rhino, two monkeys, several lions, a cheetah, a leopard, and a bird. The shapes were not drawn with incredible detail, but all of them had tiny dots between their eyes. Shadow continued to draw as Coglon translated. “The two cubs and the one that shall be a Seer at birth are only a few among many who shall rise to fight against this evil force, which similarly, tried to kill all of them. When the presence that opposes this great evil protected the young creatures, it took those that were dearly loved in retribution.

The young lion continued, “Only for a select few of them, were their loved ones spared. Sometimes it was the benevolent presence, but it was also because that family itself contained those with great spiritual strength, and because others with the power to dispel the danger were near.” Coglon said, as Shadow drew several figures everyone recognized. It was Atsu, Kakra, and Omari. The three cubs had small dots between their eyes. Another cub drawn separate from Gamba and Layla’s appeared to be Osiris, Saber’s son, also with the mark.

After this, Shadow looked up at Jali and Sira, and drew two cubs that everyone still knew, Thema and her brother, Ramses.

Both of the King and Queen’s cubs had dots between their eyes.

Shadow then stopped drawing, and returned to a normal sitting position from how he had been crouched low in order to produce the messages. He tilted his head and looked slowly between everyone in the cave, aware of the weight of this statement, before, not even looking at the ground, blotting out the images, and drawing something else.

It was a moth.

Just like the pattern scarred into Shadow’s right paw pad, and like the one that was carved into Coglon’s chest.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:07 am

Sira's eyes began to tear up. She looked at Thema, who was asleep just outside the cave, her brother Ramses sitting, watching the camp. Sira shook her head, looking worried. "What does this mean? What do our cubs have anything to do with this, and what does the mark mean?" she asked. Jali placed a paw on her flank, hoping his touch would calm her down. She was shaking terribly and Jali stepped closer to comfort her. But a simple glance into the king's eyes would reveal he was not exactly calm at mind either.

Ramla then stepped forward, her tail brushing Sira comfortingly as she walked past her. "I thought I made it quite clear to everyone that this next generation would be spiritually gifted, especially Gamba and Layla's cubs. They are about to inherit gifts from their ancestors. Protheus has been kind to us in allowing these children to obtain these abilities in the first place. Nonetheless, there's not much more I can say about these powers. The Spirits never gave me many visions concerning them and now that I have lost my Sight I can only provide my past knowledge." Ramla looked at Jali and Sira.

"You do not need to be afraid. Your children will be heroes. I think it is obvious that half the Spirits in the sky are watching this Pride simply because we are who we are and we've done what we've done. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a million sets of eyes watching us right now. It's just a simple fact that we are very involved with the Spirit World." She paused before going on. "When we were in Somalia, Kyra had already begun to experience visions. Most of them concerned Dalmaa visitations, for he would torture Kyra mentally every time she laid her head down to sleep. But a portion of these dreams also pertained to this set of prophecies, and I was disturbed that I was unable to help her." Ramla thought for a moment, as if aggravated. "I have been a Seeress since the beginning of my adolescence, I have deciphered thousands of the strangest, most foreign and unusual visions and fought off the most wretched, depraved spirits one could imagine and still I was unable to tell what this meant."

"But now we know," Taru began. "These are things that are yet to come."

"Precisely," Ramla said. "And Kyra has had the opportunity to see history unfolding before its time. She has seen individuals that have not been born yet or at this point are at least very young. And now a prophecy of the children of our own Pride. One can only ask what our place is in all of this. That may be yet for us to discover. Although we obviously see Shebla's place in the prophecy." Ramla looked up at Shebla sternly. "Shebla, do you love Ammon?"

Shebla's nose grew pink almost immediately. "What?" she asked, embarrassed. Ramla did not reply, because she knew Shebla had heard her. Shebla thought for a moment before speaking. "It's not really a subject I like to speak about Ramla...."

"I think we all know the answer though," Jali said, growing a grin as he looked at Shebla. "I think its safe to say that should Ammon return, the prophecy will fulfill itself. The only issue is him not exactly being here at the moment. His soon return would help things greatly."

"Egret promised that he would return," Ramla said. "Know that Egret is not a lying Spirit, far from it. Ammon will be coming, we can count on that."

"Kavis isn't a part of this prophecy?" Jali asked.

"No, he isn't," Ramla said. "The Spirits seem to be finished with him for the time being."

"Thank goodness," Jali replied.

"What's this moth symbol?" Var asked. "It's on Shadow's paw and Coglon's chest. It obviously means something, now that it's been pointed out to me."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Coglon looked between the faces of those gathered around the symbol Shadow had drawn, and shook his head, “Few words may describe it, though you will not understand. It is the shade between dark and light, the sunset and sunrise between day and night, the moment a cub takes its first breath, and when life crosses the boundaries marking death.” He said, stating the exact words that had been spoken in parts of the legend that Fusan had told Shebla in secret. He tilted his head slightly, “Spirits are not the ones directly responsible for sending Kyra’s visions, and Protheus is not the one who blessed the cubs with power.” He said, his entire body remaining eerily still.

Kyra looked uneasy, “What do you mean? If it wasn’t spirits or auras, what was it? Surely a mortal can’t do these things!” She seemed greatly unnerved by the lack of clarity. It would have made anyone nervous, however, to suddenly realize that all three classes that creatures would normally fall under, either mortal, spirit, or in the case of Dalmaa and Protheus, aura, did not apply to what Coglon claimed the symbol represented.

Fusan tensed up, “The legend, you just quoted it, word for word, and you never heard it.” He said in disbelief. Despite everything indicating that strange events such as Coglon’s choice of words could happen, and frequently occurred throughout the world, he was stunned. He was silent for a moment, before finding his voice, “What do you mean? If it isn’t a mortal, spirit, or one of the two auras, what is it?”

Coglon tilted his head so that his mane covered one eye. The other was as dark as night, with a pupil that glowed like it contained a white sun; his eyes had always been strange, originally so pale that he would have been mistaken for being blind. Now, however, it seemed as though he were not fully there, but somehow tethered to some other ethereal place. It had been like this ever since he had returned with Shadow, after a brief absence that nobody acknowledged in the fighting. Some thought that the strange, alien gaze that Coglon had been gifted with, which seemingly allowed him to see through solid objects, was beautiful. Others found Coglon’s eyes to be frightening and strange.

“It is what it is,” Coglon replied evenly, “There is no other like it.”
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Sira seemed aggravated, but wasn't going to let it get to her head. "Like what? Coglon, could you please be more clear?" she asked. "It's just... It concerns my children... Ramla?" Sira asked.

Ramla shook her head. "I cannot tell you what it means, I haven't the slightest clue," she said. "I come from a different type of teaching than Shadow does," she added. Sira then looked back at Shadow and Coglon, eyeing the moth symbol. She tried to make sense of the legend, but still could not understand. Ramla sighed. "This is beyond my understanding. If it does not concern spirits, mortals, or Auras, I can't be of much service."

"How would Protheus allow this?" Jali asked.

"I do not think Protheus is highly involved, but as the all-knowing, all-controlling Aura, he is aware. But he is not involved in this, obviously," Ramla said. Ramla looked at Coglon. "Is there any way you can describe this to us in simpler ways?"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:49 am

Coglon tilted his head, “You would like to think you could apply what you already know, but that ended with Dalmaa’s defeat.” He said. “Dalmaa and Protheus created this world and the Spirit World, but at its very heart, all of creation is formed by their energy, condensed into different shapes and forms, and bound by laws.” He said, “For mortals and spirits, laws are different, but there are also laws that auras create for themselves, such as how when Dalmaa made sin, he made it impossible to destroy, so that neither Protheus nor himself could remove it from the world. Although it would have been good for sin to be destroyed, Dalmaa had originally been confident in his victory, and we saw that time was not fixed, when there were two prophesies regarding the same events, only ending differently.” He said.

Coglon looked at Shadow, and the healer nodded, indicating that Coglon was accurate in his statement. The small lion turned back to the group and continued, “What if, the flow and ebb of time, being as sensitive as it was to the interaction between the groups trying to sway events in their favor, was sentient, in order to decide which way it would go? It is neither good nor evil, and it is not concerned with who among the two auras wins. It is concerned with maintaining the laws.” He said, “It will not become fixed, because it was not created fixed.” Coglon said this simply, as easily as if he were talking about how lions generally possessed sharp teeth. Immediately, though, much of this might have seemed like a riddle.

Kyra looked exasperated, “Coglon, please, you’re not making any sense, time is sentient?” She asked, not sure if she was ever going to understand.

Coglon tilted his head, “You understand the key points I am trying to make, but allow me to finish, or you will only confuse yourselves further.” He said. He continued, “All events are affected by precedents, and all precedents, laws, and even creation itself, are written within time, with time beginning the very instant that Dalmaa and Protheus formed the world. Time, along with space, its fellow force that shapes the dimensions of size, depth, and form, were together the first things to be created, and they are so intertwined that they may be considered the same force. The combination of space and time resulted in the formation of mana, the unseen energy that flows around all things.”

He sighed, seeming as though describing the information himself in words was tiring, but pressed on, “Whether or not you believe it, mana is how time and whatever prophesies come true are affected by the actions of spirits, mortals, and auras. Actions, no matter how small, send ripples through mana, changing time’s course, and also affecting space. Similarly, time and space could send ripples through the mana in an attempt to resist those trying to change them, although under normal circumstances, they do not.” His gaze suddenly darkened at some thought, “mana, in essence, while sentient, should only have the basic knowledge of how to react, nothing more.”

Fusan tilted his head, and squinted, before puzzling and voicing an answer, shaky at best, “So you are telling us…that time and space together…mana…was always intelligent…but only enough to react to what spirits, mortals, and auras did in the past…like the lowest of creatures in existence?” He said, “…and what you are telling us…is that something….forced it…to become something…higher?”

Coglon looked at Fusan approaching admiration, “Yes,” He said, before his eyes developed a grave look within their depths once more, “At one time, mana became the means by which mortals could perform miracles, there was a secret to controlling it, and it was used for harmless things. Making the sick strong enough to defeat their illnesses and healing wounds, conjuring water from where it was hidden deep within the ground. There were of course, times when it was used in fighting, the power to summon storms, conjure lightning, and breathe fire.” He shook his head regretfully, “It was then that the arrogance of several mortals led them to steal innumerable amounts of mana from the ley lines across the world, where it naturally flows with the land in dense currents.” He said.

He continued, “In doing this, they sought to warp creation to suit their own twisted ideas of what they felt creation should be, and using the same properties possessed by the sentience of mana that allowed it to be viewed as inanimate despite in a sense being alive, they concealed their actions from Protheus and Dalmaa. Had they not, however, Dalmaa and Protheus surely would have temporarily, at the very least, have set aside their differences and agreed to destroy them together, for their actions were a crime against both auras.” His eyes flashed dangerously, “The remaining mass of the mana’s sentience, as simple as it was, was threatened, and the world was thrown into chaos as the violent ripples caused by the act of thievery echoed. The laws mana stood for were placed in grave danger, and so it took another large portion of itself and condensed it into a being.”

Fusan’s jaw dropped, “primordial energy was able to create something from itself…? How is that possible…?” He asked, unable to grasp it.

Coglon’s tail twitched at the tip, “All of creation was contained within time, and time is a component of mana. There was a precedent that time recognized, and the mana reacted and formed itself into a being based on that previous event. That being, separate, but still hidden within the normal mass of mana, in the rivers of time and in the distortions of space, remained unseen to Protheus and Dalmaa, because mana has always existed in the world, and intelligent or not, mana was mana. No law forbade it from being intelligent, and now, using the indestructibility of sin as precedence, its intelligence can never be taken away. The two Auras created it, although never would the being itself have been formed from the mana, had Dalmaa not created sin, and thus made creatures capable of committing acts against the auras in defiance.”

Kyra’s ears lowered, “So someone hurt it, and it was trying to protect itself? Is it like a third aura?”

Coglon tilted his head, and shook it slowly, “It is true,” he began, “That those mortals who took so much from the mana harmed it, as they forcibly bent the mass they stole to their will through the knowledge of its manipulation, but the entity that the remaining free mana formed to stop them is not an Aura. An aura is marked primarily by one thing: the power to create spontaneously, without limitations or precedents. The being formed from mana has incredible power, and is only surpassed by Dalmaa and Protheus themselves, but it cannot truly create. There must be a precedent, something pre-existing that can be changed, and it cannot imagine on its own anything that was not already created before.”

Fusan tilted his head, “If it is so strong that only the auras may surpass it, why did it not simply destroy the ones who planned to use it for evil deeds?” He asked.

Coglon shook his head, “Initially, mana never reacted to possible futures; it only reacted to events that led to them. It did not have the intelligence to recognize that it was in danger. Now, the being it formed, despite its power, is also made of mana, and thus, it could be manipulated, imprisoned and, perhaps not destroyed, but broken down until it was almost nothing. It naturally wishes to preserve itself, as all living things do, and also because without it, there may be no hope of stopping that foe.” He said.

Kyra suddenly stumbled forward, “Wait, wait, you were talking about everything as though it were in a past tense at first, but now it’s like you’re saying that those creatures who stole that mana are still here!” She said.

Coglon nodded, “This entity needs mortals to carry out its will, because the power of mortals to manipulate mana can also be used to protect it, even as it sends its power to destroy its enemies. The first time, when they walked the earth as normal creatures, the mana thieves incited war, and were sealed away. Fusan, I believe you know that story.” He said, looking at the storyteller.

He then looked between Jali and Sira, “The part of the story that was lost is this: Those foes were killed, and their spirits were sealed away within crystals; the mortals who aided in the task departing to scatter them far apart, in hopes that they would never regroup. In the end, however, the ebb and flow of time predicted that someday, Dalmaa and Protheus would begin to finish their battle, and in the midst of their fighting, the barriers between the Spirit World and Mortal World would be broken, and along with it, the seals that kept them from ravaging either world, spirit or mortal, would be destroyed. There was no precedence to prevent this.”

Kyra’s ears lowered, “Then what you two are telling us, is that the young creatures in my visions are…”

Coglon gave a single nod,

“They are the mortals that have been chosen by the entity to re-seal its foes, and this time, permanently, with the precedence that Protheus left as he sealed Dalmaa’s strength.”
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 am

Jali was silent for a long time, before finally speaking. He looked very troubled and his eyes were filled with anxiety and worry. "This is certainly a lot to take in," he said, eyeing Coglon and Shadow. He sighed, looking at his paws. Anger filled him and his nose wrinkled furiously. "Why can't we just live in peace?!" he shouted, swiping a few rocks on the cave floor with his paw, sending them into the wall next to him. He then calmed himself by taking several deep breaths. Taru then spoke up.

"So, we can expect to be meeting these creatures soon?"

Sira interrupted. "My cubs. Are they also chosen for this task? Are they part of this league of younger creatures which the entity has selected? Because..." her body began to shake with something akin to great worry and great anger. Jali quickly stepped in front of her, putting her gaze at his eyes. He put a paw on her shoulder, trying to calm her down. Sira's eyes began to drip and Jali turned back to look at Coglon.

"As much as all of this fascinates me, I must agree with my mate. My primary concern is with the youth of this Pride and their role in this," Jali began. "And I am distressed in knowing that they will be involved in these affairs, especially if it leads in their harm. I had such a deep desire of sheltering my little girl from supernatural ordeals, and I wanted to preserve the mind of my son, that he not be overtaken by the same madness and obsession that my father had with this."

"Layla and Gamba need to know," Sira said. "No getting around it."

"Of course," Taru said. "They must be made aware immediately. Not only that, but I think Saber also has a right to know." Jali cringed at the thought of letting Saber join in on this. Old hate burnt bright, but he knew Saber would try to force his own prophecies down their throats from the cave markings. Saber, a close-minded individual, would likely try to interpret these events in his own way, and he didn't want such a fool getting involved. But that would have to wait, now was not the time to sort that out.

Jali nodded, and then sighed and shook his head. "I can only hope Protheus ends this world soon, so that we may all be relieved of this pain, even if we are then expelled to nothingness. But even then, that's only a prophecy," Jali said, giving a glance to Ramla. "In the end, who's to say what will really happen. Last time we heard of Two Prophecies, and the actual unfolding of events was neither of them, but a place somewhere in between. And now we find out that time is not set." Jali looked back up at Coglon and Shadow. "Forgive me if I may seem harsh, but my cubs are my highest priority, and I want to know exactly what their roles will be, if they are among this group that is to complete such a task. Tell me this for my sake as well as my mate's. It will only be once we have been assured that we will truly be able to cooperate with everyone in this. And I'm sure Gamba and Layla would be the same way if they were in here."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Coglon sighed, “There are few things that are easy to say, but yes, your cubs, along with many of the others born in Sunset Pride, have been chosen to help seal the foe.” He said. The strange lion shook his head regretfully, “You might curse Fate for giving them this responsibility, for not choosing someone else, but it is doing all that it can to protect them, though you might not see it that way. By choosing cubs in a pride that is filled with individuals of great spiritual strength, Fate has made it possible for some of those chosen to still have families to return to, and they are surrounded by those that can better prepare them for what they would face in the future. This spiritual strength is also what makes it possible for the relatives themselves to survive, because otherwise…” Coglon suddenly stopped speaking, as though the words caught in his throat, and after failing several times to speak, flattened his ears and shook his head, refusing to continue.

Kyra’s ears lowered, “All the others…their families were…” She drifted off and looked away.

Shadow’s eyes shined as though they had a faint misting of tears, as he drew clouds over the large moth symbol, and then proceeded to draw shapes of young creatures with larger adults next to them. One by one, he drew claws scratching over the parents, and smaller versions of the moth above the remaining children, jaws above the moth trying to devour it, as though it were desperately trying to protect the young creatures from what had taken their parents. This image, though, was sad, for even as the moth threw its own body between the young creatures and the open jaws, its small, fragile body looked as though it would be destroyed with ease, and would never manage to protect them, though it tried. He also drew several images of eggs and females with unborn young, and crossed them out with claws.

Coglon looked at the images, “Fate does try to protect the chosen and their loved ones, but for all of its power, it is helpless to save their parents and families, and can only watch helplessly as the dark spirits that have escaped their prisons run rampant. It is not aloof; it wanted those that it selected to still have everything, and to grow up living the most normal lives possible, just as how you would wish for your cub’s lives to be. In the end, however, it can barely protect the chosen alone from harm, much less those around them. Fate has fought many losing battles, and many were chosen before these cubs, in the hopes that they would be older and more mature when the seals broke, but in the end, there is a cult of living followers of these dark spirits, and they always seemed to kill the mothers before they gave birth, or smash the eggs before they hatched.”

Shadow shook his head, and then drew another shape of a grown lion with a point between his eyes. He drew a cut across the lion’s left shoulder, and then sprinkled pale sand on it.

Coglon looked at the image, “It is not clearly stated, but it is apparent to everyone here that Ammon is involved in this. As I said, Fate had chosen others previously, but they were killed. Ammon is the exception. He is one of the chosen selected in the previous generations who has survived, despite everything, and it is this, along with his age, and the immense reserves of mana that were present in his body at birth, that have given him authority as leader of this next generation.”

Fusan’s ears lowered, “You mean the others like this lion were…killed…If Fate is so powerful, why was it not able to stop that...? Will these cubs and others like them be at risk too…?” He choked.

Shadow nodded slowly, and proceeded to draw swirling patterns, digging his claws deep into the ground so that the rich black dirt underneath showed within them. He then drew the abstract forms of several lions, seemingly bowing their heads to the spiraling shapes. Shadow flicked his tail around, and he grabbed a leaf off of the vine that grew on his body. He ground the leaf up between his toes, and dragged a claw along the legs of the lions in the drawing. The leaf’s juices were a deep, vivid red, like the color of blood.

Coglon translated the image, “The dark spirits, when they were mortals, gained followers who worshipped them like gods. When they were defeated, many of those followers dispersed and sought to make amends with the world. It was learned, however, that there was the possibility of their leaders returning, and so it was that several members of that cult remained. It continued to exist in secret for ages, and when the time for their masters to break free grew close, they began relying on a witchdoctor.”

Shadow, despite being a peaceful lion, made a horrible face, the corners of his mouth pulling back to reveal a grimace of disgust.

Coglon continued, ignoring the reaction, “The witchdoctor possessed the ability to determine when a chosen one would be born, and every time he successfully identified one, assassins were dispatched to kill the expectant mothers, or to destroy all of the eggs in a nest. Fate was not always able to protect those it chose, because that same witchdoctor would also create seals to prevent it from interfering. While normal mana could go anywhere, the being is susceptible to wards, and the witchdoctor possessed a disturbingly vast knowledge of how mana worked.”

Kyra padded up to her brother and looked down at him, “…If they killed all the others except for my father….” She said, seemingly in a sense of denial, “…then what about the cubs we have now? Will they be killed also?” She asked, “Are they all going to die?” She suddenly seemed angry, and perhaps also, deeply terrified.

Coglon remained calm in the face of his sister’s rage, and slowly shook his head, “No, the witchdoctor who knew how to create those wards one night threw himself into the rapids of a river and died. Having dealings in the forbidden techniques, he traded away his peace and happiness in the pursuit of power. I dare not say what he did, but day and night, he was tormented by malevolent forces that he himself summoned. It finally became too much.” His face was grave, but he forced the ugly expression down.

He continued, “The cult found a new witchdoctor, but she does not know how to create wards, and is very inaccurate in predicting where any who are chosen would be. She was not able to identify those in this pride, and without wards, Fate can now deliver the chosen safely from the cult’s claws. Mark my words, this time, all of the chosen shall live to see adulthood.”

Kyra’s teeth clenched, “How can you say that so easily? Why can’t we just have normal families? Why does some other strange, all-powerful being have to come and take that peace away?” She demanded. She had wanted to have cubs. Now, however, she was terrified that they, too, would be pulled into the fray. She looked prepared to fight, even though it would change nothing.

The lion tilted his head to one side, “Know this, it is easier to imagine Fate as another creature like us, rather than as a being of great power. It chose the cubs of this pride to endure these trials ahead, but in all truth, it is not much more different from a cub itself. Fate may have power, but it is bound by many limitations and laws that make it far weaker. It feels frightened, and it experiences pain and sorrow. It cannot directly control the future, and it must fight against all others who attempt to sway events in their favor, and it does not always win.” He said.

He suddenly tensed, and gritted his teeth, “Fate is not toying with us for its own amusement, Kyra, and do not think I am unaware of why you would say such things to me. There will soon be a war that could encompass all of Africa, and if left alone, it shall even spread across the great bodies of water to other lands. Sunset Pride might be fortunate enough to save itself and its allies from being caught in the fray, for you will know the signs and be able to prevent it, but while everyone here is dismayed because they have already fought in one war and lived to tell their story, entire prides, herds, clans, floats, flocks, swarms, and packs…will die...”

Kyra’s mouth fell open, and she was left completely stunned. She then looked down at her paws, suddenly filled with shame. Had Coglon known what she had been thinking?

Coglon looked slowly at everyone in the cave, silent for a long time, before speaking again, his voice eerily calm, “Shadow and I are here in Fate’s name, and you called us here to interpret Kyra’s dreams. We have done so. Your cubs have been chosen by Fate to seal the enemy, and regardless of how anyone feels, this era of peace shall soon end. Ammon will someday return to this place with the rest of the chosen, and they will need all of you to support them. You cannot protect anyone, not Sunset’s allies, or even yourselves, if you cannot first accept that this is the way things will be. Just because someone is chosen, does not mean that the responsibility rests on their paws alone. Every single creature that meets them, even if it is only passing them on a forest path, will play a role in the future ahead. It is their decision what that role will be.”

Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:39 pm

((I know the song might be unrelated, but it added so much more affect for me as I was writing))

Sira's eyes were streaming with tears, so much that it began to drip and form a slight puddle on the ground beyond her paws. Shebla, beside her, had also been moved to a few tears. Ramla was distanced from the others, sitting in complete silence, and looking down at her paws, diverting her eyes at any cost. The males in the room were too prideful to cry, but one could see in their eyes that they may have even been more fearful than the females, especially Jali.

"We must accept it," Jali said, shakily. "It will do us no good in denying reality. We must make every parent in the Pride aware. We must prepare ourselves for the future and enjoy this peace while it lasts." He was silent for a moment, before he went on. "One does not know what they have until it's gone. Most days we have the gift of never knowing when it will disappear. We often discard our peaces and take them for granted, when their ends are just around the corner.... I think we all have done this at some point. Perhaps now we should appreciate this time of rest. It will not be long...." Jali looked around. "If this meeting is over, I must go and warn Saber and Magira, and Skar and Feth. Kal and Mira must be warned, as well as Gamba and Layla."

Suddenly, Ramses entered the cave, unaware of what he had walked into. He stopped in his tracks, his ears drooping. "Mommy, why are you crying?" he asked. Sira only held out her paw, shakily gesturing for the cub to come forward. He ran to her, jumping to finally reach her. She sobbed into his fur, her tears glistening across each tiny patch of fluff. Thema was not far behind him, running to her mother. At that moment Jali's eyes burst and he exited the cave, his tail sorrowfully swishing the dirt on the ground and disappearing with him around the corner. Shebla sat next to Sira and tears poured from her eyes far heavier than before, watching Sira so heartbroken. She laid a paw on Sira's back, comfortingly.

"There is hope," Shebla whispered, in a tearful, broken voice. "There is hope."

Ramla remained in the shadows, her bright but sallow yellow eyes looking up at last and seeming a bit luminous in the dark. She turned and began walking out of the den, looking slightly over her shoulder towards Shadow as she left, her mind heavy with thought. At this time Var gave eye to Kyra and approached her. Shebla by now had also met with the two of them, departing from Sira.

"We should go," Shebla said. "Sira need alone time with her cubs," she added, walking out. As they had exited the cave and began walking back to where ground was level, Var finally spoke, being unnaturally quiet the whole trip down.

"Shebla, we wanted to talk to you about something after the meeting, but this definitely changes things..." he said.

Shebla stood silently for a moment, glancing off into the distance as she heard Var speaking behind her. "You planned to have cubs... didn't you?" she asked, her words were stained with sorrow. Var needn't reply, for Shebla turned around and looked at them both.

"I have always hoped that both of you would have cubs. It has been one of my many dreams for this Pride. But knowing all this, are you still willing to do this?" she asked, looking at both of them. Var was hesitant to speak at first and decided simply to nod.

"Coglon said that they would all reach adulthood... and that is all that matters to me. We all have to die eventually. I just want to be long gone already when the time comes for my cubs." He looked at Kyra. "Is this still what you wish?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Kyra paused for a moment, and sighed, “When I was listening to Coglon and Shadow’s translations, I was worried that they were saying our cubs might not grow up; Fate failed to save several of the creatures that it chose. I was scared, because in the end, I was just told what I was thinking all along, that prophesies shown by the Sight aren’t a precise future, the one that will actually happen, but…” She drifted off, searching for words, and after a moment, she found them again, “…They wouldn’t say all of our cubs would grow up, unless all potential futures pointed to that, right? They’re not saying that based entirely on my visions; it wouldn’t make sense. They must be considering every single possible outcome, before they tell us that, but still...”

She shook her head, “I don’t quite understand this, all the things that we used to know seem useless, somehow. Time isn’t fixed, now it changes and has many different possibilities. It isn’t something that we can just call an idea, anymore, because now it has an actual level of intelligence, even if it’s only enough to react to whatever touches it.” Her ears flattened, “But…time referencing itself and actually creating a being to stop something from happening, and going to the extent to make it eternal…what did those ancient enemies do, that was so severe that it warranted that? It can’t just be stealing a massive amount of energy; Coglon said that time and space, like the very fibers of our world itself, was hurt by that mana being bent to someone’s will, so what were they using it for…?”

She made up her mind, and looked at Var, finally in surrender, “I don’t know what it means, I can only hope that at some point in the future, I’ll learn more and understand why. What I do know is that my brother, even if he is speaking in Shadow’s place, or even if he is linked to Fate itself, is still my brother. He would not lie to us, and I do not think that Fate would hide the truth, either.”

She turned to Shebla, “If we had cubs now, then they would reach adulthood, but almost certainly, they would be chosen, like all the others. They would be in that same generation. If we decided to wait, though…”

She then shuddered, and her face became grave, “I still want to have cubs, Var.”

She looked at him, “…I don’t think that the promise of them living to be adults extends to that period of war….”
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Var nodded. "Good point. We had better have cubs while we can be assured they will reach adulthood," he said, pausing afterwards briefly. "So it's settled then." He looked at Shebla, his mind cleared. He was worried, but at the same time this decision gave him peace for the moment. Shebla's nod followed.

"Very well. I'll hold you off from sleep herbs during your pregnancy, unless the dreams start again. In which case I'll either find a new herb or give you smaller doses of the same. It's not good to be completely influenced by herbs during your pregnancy, but incredibly stress can cause serious problems for an impregnated lioness. You can't go without in that case. If worse comes to worse I can always give you minute amounts of relaxation herbs, which shouldn't have any affect on your cub," she said. She began to smile a bit, even despite the heavy thoughts on her mind. "Oh how I wish your father was here, Kyra," Shebla added. "It is so good that you both are doing this." Shebla paused for a moment, thinking it over in her head. She realized she would have to help deliver Kyra's cubs, since Mabel was likely growing too old for the job. But despite this, she knew she would be delivering Ammon's grandchildren. It was something she felt she could not pass up. "If you both need anything, you'll know where to find me," she said, walking away.

Var smiled at Kyra, hoping to lift her spirits. "Let's go tell your brother and my sister the good news then," he said.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Kyra nodded, “I think they’ll be happy, but…” She looked uncomfortable, “I think…I think Coglon already knows…What he said back there…” She then shook her head, “It’s done, and I understand why he said what he said. He wouldn’t hold a grudge over that.” She said. The silver lioness looked at Var, “Let’s tell everyone who needs to know, just…” She sighed with frustration, and looked at Shebla, “I wish Ammon was here, too. I always wondered what it would be like to have everyone together, like one big family.” She then raised her ears, “Someday, though, someday we’ll all see him again.”

She then eyed some lions guarding the camp in the distance, some of whom had been especially rough with Ammon when he had been stuck in Sunset Pride after fighting Dalmaa’s followers. “I pity those guys,” She said, “If they threaten him when he comes back, he might throw them around a bit. He’s always been proud of his power, but what they did was different from how my father is with Gamba. They were too hard on him when he wasn’t even capable of defending himself. He might do it just so they don’t try it again.” She shook her head, “I hope they stand down whenever that day comes. I know my father is unpopular since he left in the midst of battle, but he was weak at the time. At full strength, many have regretted challenging him.”

She then looked at Var, “Let’s tell Subira, first. Your sister didn’t get to enjoy things like this in the past. She’ll be thrilled to have a niece or nephew.”

Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Var nodded, "she will be," he said. He scanned the camp for Subira. Scent didn't do much good in a place that was filled with a thousand smells, but Subira had a certain distinguishable fragrance that Var could identify. He spotted her pulling a piece of carcass over to the shore of the lake. Var directed Kyra across the camp until they reached her. Subira lifted her nose from the carcass and licked the blood off of her lips. She was a number of moons younger than Var, but still a mature, strong adult female. She had darker fur, taking after Snake. Her eyes, like Var's, were a deep emerald. She had an elegant posture and a certain regal form to her body, and despite her distant nature, seemed to fit her skin well, and was confident in her ability. She smiled upon seeing Var and Kyra approach. Her tail had a long strand of black fluff on the end of it, her sheathed claws were jet black, matching her nose. She had a grayish brown underbelly and strong limbs.

"Hey, Subira," Var greeted.

"Hello brother, and hello Kyra, what brings you out here today?" she asked, washing the rest of the blood from her face with water from the lake behind her.

Var wondered how to start. He simply smiled as he began to talk. "Well, Kyra and I have been talking lately and we've decided that we're going to have cubs, Subira." At that, Subira's ears perked up and she stood straight with interest. She walked forward towards them, seeming excited.

"Var, that is amazing!" she said, looking between both of them. "I'm so happy for both of you. And for myself, since I will be an aunt!" Subira said, overjoyed. "You are both so lucky to have one another."

Var grinned, adding, "Yes, we are." He glanced at Kyra, before speaking again. "I am very fond of the idea of being a father, and this is the greatest lioness to be their mother." At this, Subira grinned warmly, she seemed very pleased to hear about the news. She gave both of them affectionate nudges with her snout.

"Kyra, I'm so happy you found my brother," she exclaimed. "Who knows where he'd be without you," he said, laughing a bit,
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Kyra gave a shrug of her shoulders, “Oh, I don’t know. There are lots of things I could say, but I won’t. I don’t want to poke fun at him just yet. I’ll save it for the cubs.” She gave him a mischievous look. “If we’re going to be parents, we want them to have fun. Who doesn’t like a good sense of humor?” She gave a light, delighted purr, which would either be seen as extremely sweet or somewhat frightening. She would be the kind of mother to tease her mate in front of her cubs to make them laugh. The best course of action would be to probably just go along with it, but Var didn’t have to if he didn’t want to.

Her tail waved delightedly, “I guess we should be thinking of names for them, we haven’t even thought that over, yet. We have time, but we’re going to have to come up with some eventually.” She looked truly happy.

Shadow, after having left the King’s den, had walked over to small patch of bright grass behind the rocky cave, which was obscured by tall bushes and low-hanging tree branches. Here, he would lie down, and there was a small area in front of him where pale sands of different colors were spread out. When Shadow wished to be hidden, nobody knew that he was here; slowly forming images from instructions and information he was given. He tilted his head slightly, as though listening, before he carved images into the sand. He placed two tiny pebbles on it, and when he was done, there was a lion with a brown mane and grey eyes, which seemed to turn either blue or green depending on the light, with dark rings under them. He drew several images of the lion, as he heard a silent voice speak to him.

In the first image, there was a small cub, and the lion looked normal, save for the small dark rings of fur under the eyes; in a brief glimpse, even if someone noticed, they would have ignored that feature, as defining as it was. It made the color of a gaze look more vivid, color-wise, so it was forgotten. When there wasn’t color, though, the rings stood out sharply, making the gaze seem tired or emotionless, somehow.

The second image showed the same cub, slightly older, but with a much more sickly frame. The muscles were small, bones visible over the entire body, and patches of fur falling out to reveal underlying skin that was terrifyingly pale. Around his nose, the sand was red to indicate rawness. There were patches of blue-red discoloration on the pale skin, like bruises, although they lacked the appearance of a true bruise—it was as though the blood had settled in the veins there.

Shadow looked away, feeling horror creeping in as he looked upon the image he had been motivated to draw. It was a terrible thing, for someone so young to be so ill. It would be traumatizing, although this cub would grow into the first image he had drawn. It looked as though he were on the brink of death. For all Shadow knew from what he received from Fate, the young cub was suffering from something that was not curable, although he knew this could not be so. Miracles could occur, but still, this disturbed Shadow greatly.

He pulled his paw away, and rubbed out the images, sighing. Kyra saw things through dreams via the sight, but Shadow was motivated to draw things relating to the future by an invisible force he could not truly see, though he served it. He knew only what he was told, as did Coglon, though that information was considerably more than what could be gathered from dreams. The information, however, did not always properly align without the Sight providing glimpses of what words meant. Shadow had been motivated before to draw images of those who were chosen, but he was not able to truly identify anyone until Kyra described what she had seen. Some of the things he knew made him uneasy, but he could not voice anything that he felt, good or bad. Coglon was his translator for such a reason, but even so, Coglon’s voice was not his own.

Shadow knew that at one point, those like him were able to speak. After the mortals who had tried to violate the rules associated with mana were killed and their spirits sealed away, power like Shadow’s was only permissible by Fate if the one who desired it was willing to have their tongue cut out. It would seem brutal, even outright horrifying, to anyone who acknowledged this, but the meaning in the exchange was obvious. Fate did not need a voice to communicate, and it did not need to hear words to know when it was addressed. The removal of a tongue was not a sacrifice done for the sake of pleasing Fate; it did not like forcing its own followers to mangle themselves. It was an action taken as a precaution, out of the fear that someone might reveal more than they should have, and cause another incident to occur.

Although Shadow understood these things, he sometimes wished he could have been trusted enough to keep his tongue, and simply remain mute. He would have liked to have been completely silent by choice, not because he was incapable of speech, overall. Remaining mute, he was able to prove that he was trustworthy. With his tongue cut out, Shadow was silent, regardless of whether or not he wanted to be. He also wished that he could groom himself, which was only half-possible; he could use his claws to comb out larger things caught in his mane, but the tongue was the main tool that he lacked. He wished he could drink water with a tongue, instead of sticking in his entire muzzle and gulping it.

Shaking his head, he sighed and lowered his head, tail twitching slightly at the tip. What the future held was uncertain. Even Shadow, for all of the wisdom he was attributed with, did not always know what was ahead.

Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Var nodded, "we will have to begin thinking," he smiled. "It should be unique so they'll stand out among the other cubs," he added. He felt overjoyed by this new happening and his love for Kyra was stronger than ever, even through dark times. But this was a time of rest, and with it would bring new life to the Pride.

"They'll be the most beautiful of all the cubs," Subira said. "But be careful, you might get a raw deal and they'll have my brother's brains!" she teased. Var began laughing. Once he had stopped, he looked at Kyra.

"Well, I know you said Coglon already knows... But we should probably go and officialize it with him anyways," he said. "We'll see you later, Subira." They parted and then as Var and Kyra were walking across the camp, Jali was moving out from the bramble with Saber at his heels. The black-maned jagged-toothed old croak was livid, his claws even unknowingly unsheathed and caught in the ground a few times. Saber would have to pick them out and sheathe them, only for his anger to increase and the claws to unsheathe again.

"This is an outrage!" Saber yowled. Jali snapped a sharp glance at him, warning him to quiet his voice to avoid causing a panic. Saber lowered his yell, but still talked loudly. "How do you even know this is true? Both of those creatures are shady! You saw what the Somalian Witchdoctors did to Moonrise Pride! How do you know Shadow and Coglon aren't using their craft to manipulate you and the parents of this Pride! Think about it! They're influencing every parent in the Pride, they're going to manipulate the life course of every cub! That includes your own!" Saber growled.

The King growled back. "Coglon and Shadow have been a loyal and valuable asset to this Pride and have aided in bringing us out of dire situations. You should be grateful to them rather than disrespect them behind their backs!"

"Have them killed!" Saber growled. "They are Witchdoctors in disguise! Just like those wicked hyenas. Have them ripped to shreds, throw them in that cursed cave!"

"Saber!" Jali roared, frightening those who were watching. "You are not a king any longer. You have no rule here. I have only come to make you aware of these prophecies so that you can prepare yourself for the day they affect your son." Jali's rage was deep-kneaded in his throat. Saber would not look him in the eye. Jali began to turn away. "Go back to your den, I don't want to see your face for the rest of the day."

"As you wish, your majesty," Saber replied, in a mocking and spiteful manner. They both glanced at each other over their shoulders before turning away. Saber gave a side glance to Kyra and Var as he walked past them. The fact that Kyra was listening while Saber wanted Coglon dead seemed not to bother him. Var rushed Kyra past the scene so she wouldn't be bothered by it.

"Saber's such an idiot," he mumbled to her as they pawed past. It was obvious to all that Saber still wasn't on friendly terms with the Pride, especially since Jali killed him. Saber probably wanted everyone dead no doubt. But he was in no position to do that himself, for her was old and he knew that what went around would come around.

Saber stopped along the edge of the Pride. Osiris sat on a rock at the base of a tree, looking sadly up at his father. His giant crimson eyes looked very eerie upon the dark-furred cub. "Daddy, what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing," Saber said. He looked over his shoulder. "Just an imbecile king." He then moved into the grass, passing Osiris. "Come on," he added. Osiris leaped off the rock and they began to move back towards their den.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:18 pm

Kyra looked over at where Saber was walking with his son, and shook her head, “Var, regardless of how negative this pride views him, or how irrational he was acting, you have to understand that what he was doing probably wasn’t simply because he wanted to antagonize us. It wouldn’t have been easy, being told that Osiris would be involved in this mess. He’s still a father, and as a parent with only one cub, Osiris probably means the whole world to him. Even if you know you can’t really do anything to stop what’s going to happen, you would still try to prevent the future if it meant even a slight chance that your loved ones would be spared.” She looked sidelong at her mate, “Saber is still a father, Var, and even if we have decided to have cubs, we still won’t understand how that feels until after they are born.”

She looked around the camp, trying to spot Coglon near the edge of the trees, where he often lingered, silently watching the activities in the clearing. “I don’t think that the being behind all of this will be sympathetic to Saber’s reaction. It isn’t malicious like Dalmaa, but it’s not benevolent like Protheus, either. It tried to preserve the safety of the creatures it chose, but that aside, it isn’t making any attempts to heal the emotional trauma that they’re subject to. Some of the creatures it chose, even, are questionable characters, and I’m not really all that positive that all of them will have noble intentions, from what my visions revealed to me. I don’t even think all of the ones it chose were selected before birth, I think it might even wait and see what kind of creature that someone becomes, and choose them afterwards.”

She shook her head doubtfully, and then noticed Coglon reclining in the dense shade of a tree. As usual, he was with Cyla, whom he was supposed to be monitoring, although since recent events, the restrictions against her had seemed more relaxed. It might have been that nobody considered her a threat, or perhaps, Coglon was plenty strong to chase her down and stop her if she tried to flee. It felt strange, seeing them around each other. She wondered if Coglon had developed feelings for the lioness, although it seemed like an alien concept. It was already eerie enough that her brother was involved with a strange, primordial being, without also including his position as Shadow’s translator, and the fact that he might possess affection towards a murderess that had killed and supposedly even eaten cubs.

Feeling a bit of nausea at the concept, Kyra was aware that a lot of evil deeds had been committed by those under the influence of Dalmaa, many of them horrific and violent. Kavis struggled to find redemption, and he could not even remember most of what had happened during his time as the Dark King. Cyla, however, had been fully-aware of her own actions the entire time. Kyra found that she seemed to have more trouble overlooking Cyla’s offenses, compared to Kavis, perhaps because Cyla had known she was responsible the entire time. Kavis had known he had done something wrong, but he had truly been Dalmaa’s puppet, with no free will at all. Cyla had never been genuinely possessed, so perhaps it was this that made Kyra feel like Cyla was somehow more responsible for her own actions.

Kyra knew she should forgive Cyla, but it was extremely hard to ignore what she had done. Cyla still remembered everything, and even though she probably felt extreme guilt, she was still punished. Perhaps it was right for everyone to not trust her around their cubs, and to treat her with suspicion, since she had knowingly followed Dalmaa instead of resisting him. Despite this, was she really accountable, when she had feared death constantly, and cubs had been easy prey? Kyra wondered if the only answer to whether or not Cyla deserved mercy lied within the spirits of her victims, and if they could forgive her for the vile act of taking their lives, when they had barely begun to explore the world.

Ignoring the questions in her heart, she looked at Coglon, “Hey, Coglon, Var and I wanted to tell you something,” She said.

Suddenly she was assaulted by a strong urge to tell Cyla, too, though she didn’t know why. Perhaps because there was some strange right that Cyla deserved to know? Had she ever been pulled into the events at some point?

She looked at Cyla, “Uh, if you want, you can listen, too, Cyla.” She said.

Why did she feel like she needed to say this?

Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 pm

Cyla, the thin, scarred lioness looked up from grooming her long, jagged claws to view Kyra. Cyla's appearance had altered slightly since the end of the Moonrise Pride. Where she was starved out by Zalika and Aziza, who swallowed all the prey and allowed her only morsels, she was incredibly tiny and weak, and eventually succumb to the command of the Witchdoctors who told her to resort to cannibalism. Now, being given food freely, she has grown substantially. She was still a naturally smaller lioness, Var noticed, looking over Coglon only slightly, but she had grown and become far healthier than she was when she started out in the Pride. Her eyes had darkened to a healthy burgundy instead of the strange, abnormal scarlet-brown that it once was. But Var figured this may have also been due to the lack of spiritual and occult influence over her life.

Cyla presently was still slim and small, but bigger than before. Her hair was no longer mangled and matted, but groomed decently. The same old tally collection of scars rested upon her left shoulder, shining like the moon in the night to onlookers. She still had a few clips in her ears, especially the right one. Her claws were abnormally long, which hadn't changed. But it looked as though she was at least trimming them, unlike before, so she didn't seem suspiciously equipped. All in all, Cyla still was not a threat. She would be unable to arise victorious from any single lion in the Pride, aside from innocent cubs. But Var did sense that she had no intention of harm anyways.

Cyla was silent, but remained listening to the conversation. For what it was worth in her mind, Cyla never intended not to listen, even if Kyra hadn't invited her to, but she felt more welcomed with the invitation. She gave an acknowledging nod to Kyra, waiting for her announcement.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Kyra looked between Cyla and Coglon, before taking a deep breath and outright giving her announcement, “So, after some discussion, Var and I have decided that we want to have cubs.” She looked at her brother, “We were worried, initially, about what might happen in the future, especially because of what has happened in the past to everyone, but then we decided that now might be the safest time to raise them. We both want to be parents, and we’re walking around the pride and telling our families right now. I think we’ll wait before making any huge announcements to the entire pride, or maybe everyone will find out on their own, but we wanted our relatives to know what our plans were.” She explained.

Coglon remained where he lay, slowly flicking his tail as he sighed, and his mane falling over his eyes, “So you’ve discussed it, and are willing to accept all of the risks that will come with having your cubs at this time?” He asked. “Without question, they shall become involved.” He said plainly.

Kyra took a deep breath to steady herself, “I know, but at least we shall see them grow up; they stand a better chance if they do. The news has been…disheartening, to say the least. We are still new to much of the things you and Shadow seem to discuss. We don’t fully understand it, even though you have explained it. There are things that I feel that give me a faint idea, but I don’t know if that’s accurate or not.”

Her brother looked at her, “If you are pondering, I will tell you something that might set your mind at ease. Suffering happens to everyone, but that suffering has a purpose. All of us are broken, but in the end, the ones who struggle against the darkness inside of themselves, those who are at constant war between that inner evil and a heart that knows what is good, are the most beautiful, because even when they fail, they still strive to do the right thing. The greatest mortals are not always those who lived perfect, peaceful lives with no conflict, but those that agonized and were tested to their greatest limits, and still forced themselves to walk the right path.”

Kyra’s jaw opened, slightly agape, “How did you know I was-“

Coglon cut her off, “You are my sister, Kyra, and I know you well. You have been tested more than anyone in this pride, to have the Evil One himself enter your dreams, and try to sway you to his side. But, how much is it to your credit that you have successfully resisted, even with such manipulation?” He tilted his head, “I am proud to call you my sister, and I am truly happy that someday I might be an uncle. I don’t want you to hate the world, however, for whatever happens. You used to look at all of the beauty in the world, and that is a priceless gift.” He stood up and padded over to her, looking up into her face, “Do not lose that wonderful light in your heart, because everyone is filled with joy when you are happy. You don’t even know it, but everyone else sees it.”

He looked at Var, “-As for you, make sure that you are a good father, and remember that if your cubs ever disobey either you or Kyra, you will be responsible for discipline. A father is needed because a lioness can never bring herself to hurt her own cubs. It is necessary, however, if they are to grow up as respectable lions.”

He tilted his head, his mane covering one eye, while the other glowed like a fiery sun,

“Be a kind lion to those you meet, and prove to the world how great a father can be.” He said.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Var was silent as Coglon spoke, nodding carefully. Then finally he spoke. "I will do my very best as a father. I will teach them everything I know and I will contribute to this world with something good. They'll be light in the dark," he said. Var looked at his paws for a brief moment, thinking. Cyla, during this, inspected everyone. She seemed fascinated with Var and his story. The lion whom was chosen by Protheus to fight against Kavis, her old mentor. It was Var's blood which was supposed to mix with Kavis' through Subira, to breed the perfect evil seed. It was Kavis who wished to create a master generation of lions who all shared similar traits due to selected inbreeding. It would create an army of smaller Kavises, smaller Snakes. All in the name of the Evil One, who sought to topple all creation, but in the end was toppled himself by creation.

Cyla, in many ways, was still afraid of Var, because she knew he still did not fully trust either her or Kavis, or anyone from Moonrise Pride. However, she felt more relaxed in knowing that he had forgiven her.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Kyra nudged Var with her shoulder, “You don’t need to say that, Var. We know you’ll do fine.” She then looked at Coglon, and tried to bury the strange feeling that had come with the realization that he could practically read her mind, “As for you, what do you mean, I can’t discipline my own cubs? If Var tries to go out hunting, do I just let them run rampant?” She tilted her head, a mischievous look playing across her features, “No, I’m going to make them realize that I can be tough, just like anyone else!”

Coglon made a faint rumbling noise that sounded like a purr, highly uncharacteristic, given his typical demeanor, “I doubt you wouldn’t try, sister. Even so, you don’t generally appear very frightening to those around you. Especially not to me, when you so frequently become ensnared in the traps that I set for prey.” It was clear now that he was engaging in a form of banter, although his deadpan humor was somewhat hard to recognize. It was true, however, that when Coglon set traps, Kyra often stumbled into them by accident.

Kyra’s tail twitched, “Next time, I’ll slice those vines to ribbons.” She said, flexing her claws. It shouldn’t be too difficult to cut the vines that Coglon often employed; they were meant for creatures with hooves, not for lions with precise claws.

“Well, the best of luck to you, then.” Coglon finished, before lowering his head and allowing his still-forming mane to fall over both eyes. Var and Kyra wouldn’t fully see it, but there was a faint look of amusement and humor on his features that he was trying to hide. For all of the strange things that had occurred, Coglon was still a young lion with a personality of his own. It was easy to forget, however, given the things that he had become involved in.

Kyra snorted, “I’ll make sure you have to start over if you want to replace them, then,” She said, before turning and walking away, ending the conversation, although she looked thoroughly entertained in doing so.

As adversarial as their conversation near the end had sounded, this was perhaps the first typical sibling moment that Kyra and Coglon had experienced in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pride Days (IC)   Pride Days (IC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride Days (IC)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5