Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy World Creation Thread

Go down 
+2
Zaroas
Leonir01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leonir01

Leonir01

Fantasy World Creation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:24 pm

[Better first post coming soon]

Welcome to the Fantasy World Creation Thread where those who wish to participate can work together to build a fantasy world, and if it gets developed enough, there may be a chance for roleplays taking place in this world. The creation of this world is only limited by everyone’s creativity. Almost anything fantasy can go here, such as dragons, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, or anything really, but first, we need a name for this world.

Rules:

1. Follow the forum guidelines.

2. I have the right to say that if something does not fit or work, I can deny its entry to the world. This rule is in place to stop things like “in the year [insert year here] the goblins found a strange object on the ground that seemed to fall from the sky. A goblin picked it up and found a strange button which made strange, deadly lights come out of it.” This I would stop because it is implying that a laser gun has fallen from the sky, dropped by a passing by alien, and the goblins have found it. This is way ahead of the current technology of the world, so I’ll have to say no to things like this.

3. If you don’t like someone’s idea, give them constructive criticism, and if the idea doesn't fit, just let them know so they insert an idea that is more appropriate.

4. When the time for roleplays comes, you must get permission from me first if you want to make a RP that takes place in this world and you must PM me the basic story.

5. While I make be the one who made this thread, it doesn't make me more important than everyone else. I only have the power that is stated in rule #2 and 6.

6. I have the right to add more rules if needed.

Things to know:

1. There is no need to only have aspects from other fantasy worlds. While we may have elves and such, we may create our own species.

2. You don’t have to become a member or anything like that. You can contribute to this once, twice, or as much as you like.

Current Roleplays:

Not ready for roleplays yet.

Last edited by Leonir01 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:24 pm

The World:

Intelligent Creatures:

Unintelligent Creatures:

Plants:

Science and Magic:

Last edited by Leonir01 on Sun May 03, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:25 pm

History and Lore:

Religions:

Last edited by Leonir01 on Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Art:

Last edited by Leonir01 on Sun May 03, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

Contests:

No contests currently.

Events:

No upcoming events.

Last edited by Leonir01 on Sun May 03, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Last reserve, just in case. You may now post.
Back to top Go down
Zaroas

Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Interesting idea. I'm willing to participate, been wanting to do something with a unique fantasy world, or at least help create one.
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I only really ever read fantasy books, except for a few science fiction books, so I came up with the idea to create a fantasy world that could be used for RPs, and then it evolved into a group project.

Before we start populating the world with creatures, we need a name for the world. A small problem I have is that I'm bad with names, and if I do come up with one, I will later realize it sounds very similar to name I recently heard of.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:59 pm

I'm also willing to participate. Seems like a good idea.

First we need to decide on how we're going to come up with the name. Is it going to be a made up word or will we use words from other languages? (Ex: Latin, Japanese, etc)
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:47 pm

I vote for it being something made up. I'll list some fantasy place names for inspiration.

Alagaësia

Farthern Dur

Araluen

Rivendell

Oh, and I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls recently, so here's some of my favorites from that:

Cyrodiil

Morrowind

Elesweyr

Vvardenfell

Ustengrav
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Alright, I'll guess that means random syllables time!

Alshengar

Bith'unos

Jorgeshtal

There would be those accentuation things in there but for the life of me I can never figure out how.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Talátresa
Remdolon
Fälgolon
Qarakenn
Lurutha
Iegenus
Wharagath
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Glysreim

Shaormul

Slyverium
Back to top Go down
Zaroas

Zaroas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:30 am

I don't really want to suggest anymore because we have a lot already, so it seems.

Would you want to make a poll with strawpoll or something and vote on 2 or 3 each and see what gets the most votes?
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Sorry for not posting, I had much more homework this week than usual.

Anyways, StrawPoll is a good idea. My personal favorites from everyone is:

Random:

Alshengar

Darkel:

Talátresa

Vipera:

Glysreim

---------------------------------

Those could be the ones on the poll, though I would like to hear other opinions.
Back to top Go down
Heronlover7

Heronlover7

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 pm

I got Some:

Lor'vann

Hydgarl

Terr'ill

Mergaven

Ou'raton
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Oh those are nice ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy World Creation Thread   Fantasy World Creation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1