Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toads and Koopas (OOC)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Toads and Koopas (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Toads and Koopas

…A bright, sunny day marked the calling of a royal meeting at Princess Peach’s Castle, upon the urgent need for answering questions regarding recent events. Not only did high-ranking officials of the Mushroom Kingdom attend, but there were also ambassadors from the Beanbean Kingdom and Sarasaland, as the surprise meeting was called on the behalf of merchants who engaged in trade across borders in neighboring regions. For an entire month prior to the meeting, every single caravan, ship, or wandering merchant who attempted to cross the borders of Mushroom Kingdom, regardless if they were leaving or entering, had mysteriously vanished without a trace.

Approximately three days after a disappearance was reported, guards patrolling the borders would find evidence of the lost individuals, discovering the wreckage of their carts and vessels, but no evidence of the people having ever been there, nor of their possessions, which had seemingly been stolen. More disturbing, was that despite best efforts to protect the merchants: increasing the frequency of patrols, sending more guards to the border; there was no improvement, and still not a single culprit was found.

In addition to the ambassadors from the neighboring lands, Mario and Luigi, the two brothers who were called in whenever a large threat surfaced, stood off to one side. Initially, the meeting was pleasant, up until a commotion started up outside of the meeting room. Moments later, the doors to the chamber were thrown wide open and engulfed in flames, and a wide variety of different Koopas, from the regular Koopa troopas, to the winged Paratroopas, Magikoopas, and even several Koopeleons entered the room, and along with several Goombas, quickly cornered the bystanders against walls or furniture, as Bowser stalked in, a look of rage cast across his features.

“WHO DIDN’T INVITE ME TO THIS MEETING?! I HEARD THERE WAS A MEETING TODAY, AND I WASN’T SENT AN INVITATION!” He roared. Once again, selfishly expecting an invitation when the meeting had nothing to deal with his kingdom, nor acknowledging the fact that he kept on kidnapping the princess and trying to conquer the other kingdoms, and therefore was not on any sort of good standing. Guards wielding spears rushed into the room, passing as best they could by the burning doors, and engaging the troop of Koopa minions that Bowser had brought with him.

Meanwhile, Princess Peach backed away into a corner, while Mario jumped out between her and the Koopa King, prepared to fight him. Luigi, initially cowering from the scene, quickly swallowed any fear that rose up, and jumped out to stand by his brother. Bowser simply glared at the two, “MARIO, GREEN ‘STACHE, I WILL BEAT YOU, AND I WILL GET PEACH, IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO! IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I LOSE, I’LL KEEP COMING BACK UNTIL I WIN FOR GOOD! YOU GOT THAT?! I WILL-“

Bowser’s ranting was cut off when the two burning halves of the shattered doors were suddenly extinguished, and a chilling mist filled the room. There was a sudden lull, as everyone wondered what was happening, as the fighting was temporarily halted. The majority of the people in the room, regardless of side, were startled by a sudden, dry bout of laughter, which emanated from seemingly nowhere, and echoed around the chamber. It was a dry, almost listless chuckle, contented, as though amused by the chaos, and the individuals that were so greatly riled by the turn of events.

A Toad guard lowered his spear from the throat of a cowering Koopa troopa, concerned, “What’s the meaning of this?” He asked, his brow furrowing under the mushroom cap that was signature of all toads. Whispering filled the room, as everyone wondered where the laughter was coming from.

“…I can’t believe that it was this easy…honestly…I’m flattered that my work matters so much to you….” The echoing voice said, clearly pleased, “…of course…that would imply…that you are all a bunch of fools…falling into a trap so quickly….though ‘fool’ is such a strong word…wouldn’t you agree?” There was another dry laugh.

Bowser, quickly losing his temper again, smashed his fist into his palm, “Alright, WHO IS THIS JOKER?” He growled, flames coming from between his teeth, as he was clearly prepared to pound the speaker into a quivering pulp.

The laughter continued, before settling, “Ah…you haven’t worked out why you are all here…have you?” It said teasingly. “If I were to send messages ahead of time…that I wanted to do what I plan on doing…you would never gather…all in one place…” The voice continued, as the fog slowly flowed so that it was almost blinding, and nobody could find out where anything was. “…Take a few merchants…” It said, “…Smash a few ships on the rocks…” The list continued, “…Steal all the things that your kingdoms wanted to sell…it was frightening enough to get everyone’s attention…but not scary enough to make you think your own lives might be at risk…not only that…but it was obvious that the Koopa King would come, as well, out of anger…so predictable…”

“I don’t like the sound of this. Who’s there?!” A Toad guard shouted.

The voice began to laugh, ignoring the question, “Now, a few of the most powerful people from various kingdoms…Princess Peach…Bowser…to name a few…all of you are here…under one roof…right where I want you…”

With the final statement, a gigantic, looming shadow appeared at the end of the room, but nobody could tell what it was, except that it seemed to have eyes, which were a blinding white, like the fog. It shifted too much to tell what it was, but it seemed to stretch out, and place something in the center of the room before abruptly dissipating, and the fog completely vanishing.

A few moments passed, but when nothing happened, everyone in the room began to whisper, while Bowser began venting about the strange arrival, for the moment having forgotten Mario and Luigi’s presence. The Toad guards who had managed to corner several Koopas whispered to themselves in wonder, while Koopas, keeping their hostages pinned, glared threateningly, but with a trace of doubt and questioning of their own, at their enemies.

For a moment, it seemed that nothing was about to happen, until attention shifted to what the shadow had placed in the center of the room. A glowing red orb, pulsing brightly, with the beating of it increasing at a rapid rate, suddenly rattled, before shattering, and filling the room with a red vortex, much to everyone’s shock. People began screaming, as Koopas and Toad guards, some, though not all found themselves pulled into its center, where they vanished, shrieking with terror. At the same time, Mario and Luigi moved to protect the people in the room, somehow succeeding in grabbing the hands of ambassadors and Princess Peach as they held tightly to metal railings and other secured furniture. Bowser, as large and strong as he was, braced himself, as he punched his hand into a wall and held onto it, stopping himself from being dragged in.

The red vortex persisted, continuously pulling Koopa minions and Toad guards alike into its gaping, violent maw, seeming to only increase in power as time dragged on, lightning beginning to shoot from its pure black center, before abruptly, the winds of it fluctuated, and in an instant, it shrank, vanishing with a crack of lightning, leaving only crumbled red shards of the sphere it had come from, which rapidly crumbled even further, until they were nothing but dust, which scattered on the remaining winds that now blew hollowly into the room from the open, broken doors.

As people came out from hiding, one Koopa stared at where the orb had been, “Our comrades…those guards we were fighting…” He said, with panic mounting in a voice, “Where did they go?!” He cried, before crumbling onto the ground and cradling his head, “Oh…this is bad…this is bad….what are we going to do now, King Bowser? Everyone got sucked in!”

Roughly around the same time, a Toad guard exclaimed with disbelief and horror, “They’ve been taken by that vortex! Who is responsible for this!?” He turned to Bowser, “Was it you?!” He cried, raising his spear towards the Koopa King, “My sister got pulled in there, she was a guard, too!” He looked as though he were on the verge of tears.

Bowser, unsympathetic to the guard’s blight folded his arms, “HEY! I didn’t have anything to deal with this!” He then narrowed his eyes, “But either way, my minions got taken by that thing! I’m not going to let whoever put that glowing ball thing in my way get away with it!” He then growled, “Conquering other kingdoms? If this guy is after that, then he’s got another thing coming! That’s MY job!”

Princess Peach, convinced that the situation was as safe as it was going to get, for the time being, let go of the hand of the ambassador that she had been with, and took a deep breath, “It is apparent that something needs to be done.” She turned to Mario and Luigi, “Mario, Luigi, please, we need your help. We need to find out what that orb was, and where everyone was taken.”

“Hey! Princess, what about him?” A guard shouted, pointing his spear at Bowser, and the group of Koopas that were backing up near him. He glared with annoyance at the guards, who shuddered with fear at the thought of confronting him.

“What are you pointing that twig at me, for? You think a little tiny spear like that’s going to hurt me?” Bowser asked, before looking at Princess Peach, “PEACH! I still plan on kidnapping you, and taking over the Mushroom Kingdom, let me get that straight, RIGHT NOW!” He roared his affirmation, “But it looks like someone else is on my turf, and he’s taken my minions, MY MINIONS! I won’t let that slide! Do what you want to fix the problem, but I’m going to get my Magikoopas together, and WE’RE GOING TO DESTROY WHOEVER’S RESPONSIBLE!” Once again, he had worked his short temper into a rage.

A Toad guard lowered his spear, “Bowser helping Mario? Is that even possi-“

He was cut off by Bowser’s quick response, “HEY! Who said that I wanted to team up with MARIO!? FINE! We’re working on the SAME THING! But I’ll still crush him WHEN WE’RE DONE!”

...And so it was that Mario, Luigi, and Bowser found themselves working on solving the same mystery, but this is where the story of what occurred in the Mushroom Kingdom ends. What, however, happened to the Koopas and Toads that became trapped in the vortex? Where did they end up? This is the story of how Koopas and Toads, stranded in a strange, hostile place, were forced to work together, in order to survive and escape.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Welcome to Toads and Koopas, a Mario Spin-off RP!

In this RP, after becoming trapped in a gigantic vortex and transported to an alternate dimension, you may play as a Toad or one of the many unique Koopa variants, as you attempt to survive, and find out the mystery behind the strange figure that caused the incident intended to kidnap Princess Peach, Bowser, and all of the foreign diplomats! Before you join, however, there are certain rules that we need to go over, first, as well as a bit of information about Mario, in case you don't know but still want to participate.

Rules

1. No Autoing, Metagaming, Powerplaying, or Mary-Sues.

2. No Flaming, Spamming, Profane Language, Advertising, or Illegal activities. Romance is permitted, but no sexual content.

3. Abide by all forum rules at all times.

4. No killing other people's characters without permission.

5. For Toads, Koopa Troopas, and Beach Koopas, you may have a large number of power-granting mushrooms (Offset to Koopa variant powers) at the start of the game (You may have up to thirty of them), but only one kind of mushroom unless otherwise obtained in a legitimate fashion (Power mushrooms can be found in the alternate dimension). You can also only use the powers of one kind of mushroom at a time, unless otherwise stated. Using two mushroom powers at once will cancel out the effects of the previous power.

6. You may be any kind of Koopa, but the following variants: Dry Bones, Parabones, any kind of Giant Koopa Variant, Bowser's Variant, Koopa Kids, Lakitu, and Robot Monster Troopa. All these listed variants are forbidden as characters. You are also forbidden from mixing variants and creating a ‘hybrid’ character, unless granted the privilege to do so by the GM.

7.  To ensure power and control over the RP, the GM reserves the right to create any kind of character or variant, and also the right to grant permission to RPers to make special characters.  

8. To offset their overall weakness in comparison to Koopa  and Goomba variants with powers, regular Koopa Troopas and Goombas may use power mushrooms, similar to Toads.

9. Winged Koopa and Goomba variants do not lose their wings when struck. Koopas can have their shells lost, removed, or stolen in the RP, as all Koopas possess shells that can be removed without harming the Koopa, but consent must be given by the RPer before allowed.

10. If unable to decide on a Koopa variant, but you want to create a Koopa as a character, you have the option of creating a Beach Koopa (A shell-less variant that wears a t-shirt) with the intention of later obtaining a shell, which will then define the permanent new variant of the character. Beach Koopas use power mushrooms, like regular Koopa Troopas.

11. Koopa variants with powers can eat power mushrooms, but will not gain any special effects from doing so. Koopas exempt from this include the Koopa Troopa and Beach Koopa.

12. You may have no more than six total characters in this RP.

13. If you read all of these rules, put 'King Boo' in the 'Other' section of your character sheet.

14. All Mario power-ups now come from special kinds of mushrooms, rather than from flowers, stars, etc. Forbidden power-ups include the powers of rainbow stars, super mushrooms, super stars, metal caps, copy flowers, mega mushrooms, mega stars, invincibility leaf, boost stars, double cherries, lucky bells, super pickaxe, and invincibility mushrooms.

15. The traditional game mechanics of Mario are not valid in this RP. Coins exist, but do not generally present any value. The world is no longer two-dimensional and flat, nor are there levels.

16. Food and water are necessary for survival; power mushrooms restore hunger, but because of their value in combat, it is unwise to use them as a food source.

17. You may not change what variant Koopas are classified as. Koopa Troopas may turn into Beach Koopas and use both forms, but once a Beach Koopa becomes a Koopa Troopa, you may not use a Beach Koopa form as an excuse to change your character's Koopa species using a different kind of shell.

18. Characters that join at the beginning of the story were abducted by the red vortex that appeared in the opening post. Unless special permission is given, do not create characters that are abducted beforehand, affiliated with the antagonist, or who reached the alternate dimension by other means. Characters joining later in the story will be kidnapped by separate vortexes that appear at later times, which take them by accident.

19. Items are stored in a 'Hammer Space' inventory present in pockets, bags, or shells, meaning you do not exactly need to have a bag or pocket that is large enough to carry things. This in mind, however, do not give characters unlimited items or things they do not already carry with them. There are still limits based on what the characters collect. Goombas possess the ability to pick up items, even if they lack hands.

20. All Goomba variants listed in the playable races section can be characters, and Goombas possess a similar game mechanic to Koopas, albeit they cannot change their variant.

Character Sheet Template

Name:

Species: (Toad, Goomba, or Koopa Variant)

Appearance: (Be Descriptive)

Personality: (Self-explanatory)

Abilities: (If you are a Toad, regular Goomba, Beach Koopa, or Koopa Troopa, list the Power Mushroom your character specializes in and has with them when they first start)

Weaknesses:

Other:

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:57 pm

Character Descriptions, Items, and Miscellaneous Information

Playable Species

Toads- Toads are mushroom-people, and while most retain a generic appearance, the way they look in this RP will be limited to the large, round, mushroom-like caps that they wear on their heads, which sometimes cover hair. Their mushroom caps are generally one solid color, with spots, but for the purpose of this RP, they may have any appearance that the RPer chooses. In combat, Toads have traditional physical capacities, like all characters, but they may also use any kind of power-mushroom in existence to full effect, with the mushroom effects lasting for the duration of an entire battle, and allowing them on occasions do don alternate forms. They may also use weapons and armor, including Koopa shells. They generally move more quickly than Koopa Troopas, however, because of their lack of a shell, and are therefore often regarded as faster.

Koopa Troopas- Koopa Troopas are bipedal turtle-like beings, generally depicted as having beak-like mouths and removable shells which can be used for many different purposes, ranging from weapons to armor. They also generally wear t-shirts, shorts, or pants under their shells (Which are not seen unless the shell is removed) and boots or shoes over their feet. Koopa Troopas also possess the ability to fully retract into their shells for defensive or offensive reasons. Because of their armor, unless their shells are removed (Temporarily turning them into a traditional Beach Koopa), Koopa Troopas generally move more slowly than Toads, but can usually take more damage or direct hits from an opponent. Koopa Troopas, Like Toads and Beach Koopas, are capable of using power mushrooms to offset their weaknesses compared to Koopa variants with powers, but generally, their use of power mushrooms is slightly less efficient than a Toad, and the effects of a power mushroom may not last for an entire fight.

Beach Koopas- Essentially the exact same as Koopa Troopas in regards to anatomy, Beach Koopas are Koopas that have had their shells lost, stolen, or removed, therefore exposing whatever t-shirt they happened to wear underneath. Having their shell removed generally allows Beach Koopas to move with the exact same speed and agility as a Toad (Unless they are a variant with special capabilities, in which case they simply lost their shell, and retain special powers), but also weakens their defensive capabilities. Generally, Beach Koopas are somewhat more efficient than Koopa Troopas regarding the use of power mushrooms, and if they use one, their powers may last for the entire duration of a fight (Unless you are a variant with powers, in which case, you retain powers of your variant and mushrooms have no effect). If Beach Koopas don a shell, however, it will interfere with the powers granted by a mushroom, and they will wear off immediately, as they turn into either a regular Koopa Troopa (Which can switch between Beach and Troopa forms. The mushroom powers wearing off are meant to prevent cheating regarding power efficiency), or a variant with special powers, negating their ability to use power mushrooms altogether.

Paratroopas- Almost identical in appearance to Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas are set apart from normal Koopas because of the presence of their feathery wings. Masters of the air, Paratroopas lack the ability to use power mushrooms, as a super-powered Koopa Variant, but make up for it because of their incredible flight capability, able to fly for long distances at incredible speeds, and even hover in once place without any effort. Their stamina in flight is great enough that they might spend more time in the air than on the ground, choosing to hover, rather than walk. On the ground, however, they can be just as swift as a normal Koopa Troopa. Even if their shells are removed, Paratroopas retain their wings and the ability to fly, making them extremely well-rounded in most situations.

Boom Boom Koopas- Koopas possessing a much shorter, stockier stature than Koopa Troopas, Boom Boom Koopas possess larger heads and arms, with powerful fists and clawed fingers, as well as mouths filled with blunt sharp teeth, rather than beaks. They also have a tendency to refrain from wearing shoes, revealing their three sharp toes. Boom Boom Koopas may or may not also possess blunt spikes on their shells. If lacking spikes, they possess smooth, brightly patterned shells in most cases. A super-powered Koopa variant, Boom Boom Koopas have incredible physical strength that surpasses a normal Koopa Troopa, but generally, they are much slower in movement because of their shorter legs and top-heavy stature, removing their shell doing nothing to improve their speed, although they, too, wear t-shirts under their shells which are otherwise hidden. Because of their powers, Boom Boom Koopas gain no special effects from eating power mushrooms, even if their shells are removed.

Dark Koopas- A super-powered Koopa variant, Dark Koopas look nearly identical to regular Koopa Troopas, but some have an adopted style of attire that sets them apart, including dark sunglasses, and spiked bangles on the neck and wrists, unless the Dark Koopa wishes to blend in with Regular Troopas. Generally, Dark Koopas are set apart because they may move with more agility or have more strength than a Koopa Troopa, and they also possess the ability to secrete a weak toxin from their scales at will, which can make an opponent become extremely dizzy (Though this is not perfect protection against a threat), and then quickly dries and becomes harmless afterwards. Because they are a super-powered variant, Dark Koopas receive no special effects from eating power mushrooms, even if their shells are removed, exposing the t-shirt underneath.

Dark Paratroopas- A bird-winged version of Dark Koopas, Dark Paratroopas possess the same power as Dark Koopas in addition to flight, and the same adopted clothing style, if they wish to set themselves apart from regular Paratroopas. Capable of making enemies extremely dizzy with a fast-acting toxin from their scales, Dark Paratroopas differ from normal Paratroopas in their flight capabilities, generally, they are not capable of flying with the same degree of maneuverability, speed, or stamina as a normal Paratroopa, and therefore their flight capability overall is inferior compared to any other flying variant, typically being far outmatched. They also do not have the increased strength and power of a normal Dark Koopa, typically, without using their wings, moving only with the same speed and power as a normal Koopa Troopa. They do not lose their wings when struck, nor even when their shells are removed, and as a super-powered Koopa, they gain no benefits from eating power mushrooms, even if their t-shirt is exposed by removing their shells.

Electro-Koopas- Electro-Koopas are super-powered Koopas that are generally the same size as regular Koopa Troopas, and are capable of discharging enough electricity to injure or stun opponents, although their voltage is not enough to severely maim or kill an opponent, unless prolonged contact is initiated with a threat, and only for long periods of time. Differing from regular Koopa Troopas in appearance, they generally refrain from wearing shoes, although they wear t-shirts under their shells, like all the other Koopa variants. They generally possess long, blunt yet pointy claws on their hands and feet in contrast to the fists of an average Koopa, and they may also switch interchangeably between walking on two or four legs. Electro-Koopas are immediately identified by the appearance of their shells, generally having bright patterns and lacking a traditional turtle-shell pattern, with two long, tower-like nodes on either side, generally with bright glowing bands around the upper part of each node. Because of the positioning of the nodes, Electro-Koopas may use a ranged attack, throwing their shells at enemies like boomerangs, which then return to them, but it can be extremely dangerous for Electro-Koopas to use their powers in water, or when it rains, because water makes them vulnerable to their own electric discharge. If they accidentally throw their shells in water with the intention of attacking, they will explode, although Electro-Koopas possess the capability to re-grow a lost shell, although this is only over a certain period of time, during which they are reduced to Beach Koopas lacking the ability to use power mushrooms, but the capability to use electricity as a melee weapon.

Bombshell Koopa- Koopas similar in size and stature to Koopa Troopas, Bombshell Koopas traditionally wear t-shirts under their shells, but often refrain from wearing shoes, revealing their feet. Alternating between walking on two or four legs, these super-powered Koopas have attacks that revolve around their unique shells, which, in comparison to normal Koopas, are generally sleek, shiny, and solid in color and appearance, without any sort of markings. When fighting, Bombshell Koopas can ‘trigger’ something inside of their shells, turning them into extremely dangerous, armed explosives. The Bombshell Koopas then leave their shells behind, where they generate a small yet hazardous explosion with a six-foot radius, after roughly ten seconds of the shell being activated as a bomb. The shell can then be retrieved and used again, but once more, the shell possesses the same limits. Bombshell Koopas must be careful not to stand too close to their shells once they are armed, as they can be injured by their own blast radius. They must also be wary of jolting armed shells, because striking them with sufficient force may cause them to explode prematurely. Like Electro-Koopas, Bombshell Koopas can receive sufficient damage to their shells to completely destroy them on certain occasions, but they also possess the capability to re-grow a lost shell. Until they retrieve or re-grow their shells, Bombshell Koopas are reduced to Beach Koopas incapable of using power mushrooms.

Fire Koopa- A unique super-powered variant, Fire Koopas look identical to regular Koopa Troopas, but possess the ability to spit balls of fire that can reach distances of up to fifteen feet before dissipating. They are incapable of breathing true, steady streams of fire, however, and on average, can only spit about one ball of flame per second, with the average fireball being roughly half a foot in diameter. Despite this, their ranged attack gives them a unique advantage in battle, as they do not have to come in direct contact with a threat in order to defeat it. When they lose their shells, Fire Koopas do not lose their ability to spit fireballs, and can therefore continue fighting, even though like all super-powered Koopa variants, they lack the ability to use power mushrooms.

Koopeleons- These chameleon-like Koopas are a super-powered variant that look like normal Koopa Troopas, except with several alterations to their appearance. With large, stereoscopic eyes, and a long, curly tail that in many cases is strong enough to be considered prehensile, one may at first mistake them for a large lizard wearing a turtle shell, although the presence of their turtle-like beaks easily identify them as a kind of Koopa. They traditionally switch between walking on two or four legs, and refrain from wearing shoes, although they possess t-shirts under their shells. Koopeleons possess the ability to turn invisible, almost perfectly camouflaging themselves against threats, and even hiding their shell, while they traditionally attack while they cannot be seen. They are, however, prone to becoming visible whenever their soft scales are damaged, and are extremely weak to fire, high temperatures having a tendency to ruin their camouflage, and flames causing severe injury. Like other super-powered variants, Koopeleons are not capable of using power-mushrooms, even when they lose their shells.

Magikoopa- Traditionally the same size and height as a normal Koopa Troopa, Magikoopas are only set apart in appearance from regular Koopa Troopas by the presence of their wizard clothing, which includes a long robe and pointed hat. Underneath their robes they possess normal shells, although their regular shells are never seen. They also traditionally develop poor eyesight due to straining, often spending much time reading important books or spells, even if light is not sufficient for their eyes; this in mind, while not all Magikoopas wear glasses, a large number do. They also generally carry wands or staffs in order to aid them in channeling their magic powers, but they can successfully channel their power, even if they use their bare hands. They traditionally find, however, that even a straight branch is useful, and magic channeling is easier with one present. Magikoopa magic is on average unusually flexible, and can take on many forms, although it also has strict limitations on what it can do. For defensive purposes, Magikoopas are able to protect themselves with a spell that makes them immune to fire, although this effect cannot be safely extended to anyone else without removing the protection from the Magikoopas themselves. They also typically only use only one kind of attack: A fast-traveling array of harmful magic that takes the form of colorful triangles, circles, and squares, which generally causes about as much injury as physically striking a threat with a strong punch or kick, though it is a ranged attack that reduces the risk of injury to the Magikoopa. A Magikoopa can also sacrifice any attempts to protect themselves or attack (Dropping all defensive magic or attacking spells) in order to enhance the power of another character, generally amplifying whatever abilities they possess naturally (Such as letting Fire Koopas breathe steady streams of fire, Bombshell Koopas have greater blast radius, etc.). A Magikoopa can also sacrifice their magic in order to ride on a flying broom, granted that they have a broom with them. Outside of this, Magikoopas are relatively helpless, and are incapable of using power mushrooms. Engaging in melee combat is generally hazardous, because Magikoopas traditionally lack physical strength, compared to normal Koopa Troopas.

Snow Koopas- Koopas possessing ice powers, Snow Koopas generally look different from normal Koopas because of their short, stocky bodies, and sleek shells, which are too small for them to retract into for safety. They also lack any sort of plating or protective padding on their stomachs, and possess thicker lips as mouths, rather than traditional Koopa beaks, somewhat resembling frogs or fish. Snow Koopas are capable of spitting up large balls of ice from their stomachs, which they then throw at their enemies, being able to throw things surprisingly far, despite their thin arms. They could also use these balls of ice in a different fashion, but overall, spitting the ice does not appear to send it far enough for it to be useful. Snow Koopas seldom lose their shells, but overall, will wear a shirt if they do lose them, and like other super-powered Koopa variants, cannot use power mushrooms and gain special effects.

Rocky Wrenches- Koopas that are only defined as such because of the shells on their backs, Rocky Wrenches resemble Monty Moles in appearance, looking more like gophers than turtles, possessing mouths with twitching motor noses and two protruding buck teeth, and whiskers. They have long claws on their hands, and generally, due to light sensitivity, will wear tinted goggles over their eyes. These Koopas are capable diggers, able to tunnel to almost any location and through the most dense rock, but they are most heavily reputed for their mechanical expertise, able to make almost any sort of machine function, and capable of making any vehicle or transport run properly, if they don’t outright build the contraption themselves. They receive their name because the majority of Rocky Wrenches use a trademark wrench as their weapon, throwing it from a hiding place to hit enemies, before it comes back in a similar fashion to a boomerang. Because of their incredible sub-terrainean abilities, Rocky Wrenches are a super-powered Koopa variant, and are incapable of using power mushrooms.

Goomba- Goombas are creatures resembling mushrooms with feet, with large, darker mushroom caps, featuring their faces with large eyes and wide mouths, with upward-pointing fangs  from the lower jaw, a lighter-colored stem or body, and darkly-colored round feet, appearing to wear shoes similar to the ones worn by Toads. They are generally just as strong as Toads or Koopas, but usually only stand at half the height of either group. Goombas may have any coloration, but traditionally are brown in color, with no special abilities that come naturally. Goombas may, however, temporarily ascend to higher forms, using power mushrooms in a similar manner to Toads and Koopa Troopas or Beach Koopas.

Bone Goomba- Bone Goombas, with skull-like plates over their mushroom-like caps, which cover the upper part of their face including the eyes and upper-part of the mouth, are a strange-looking super-powered variant that traditionally differ from normal Goombas only in coloration, the primary colors of the species being various shades of blue, while their skull-like masks are bone white, casting shadows over their eyes, which tend to have black sceleras and irises and pupils that glow bright colors in an eerie fashion. Bone Goombas possess eyesight that allows them to see in complete darkness, putting them at an advantage when fighting during the night time or in dark places like caves. Their strength is generally greater than a normal Goomba, but not enough to be regarded as super-strength. Bone Goombas do not gain any power from eating special mushrooms, being a super-powered variant.

Tail Goomba- Tail Goombas are a Goomba variant that looks completely identical to normal Goombas, aside from their characteristic tanuki-like banded tails. Due to their close similarities to mushrooms possessing special qualities or powers, Tail Goombas are a special super-powered variant born with permanent abilities resembling those granted by Tanuki Mushrooms, but as a result, cannot change their abilities or gain any special or additional effects from eating power mushrooms. Tail Goombas can glide on the air for short periods of time, and can also inflict damage by swinging their tails at foes. They can also temporarily turn into statues, granting high resistance (Though not immunity) to injury, although this form renders them immobile, also. Carefully using this statue form can allow Tail Goombas to fight offensively, but requires practice to master.

Prickly Goomba- Prickly Goombas look nearly identical to regular Goombas, but unusually, their bodies appear to be encased in gigantic, spiky shells, which are extremely hard, and only have small openings for their feet, along with a crack on the top that allows people to see part of their faces. The spiky shell covering a Prickly Goomba’s body appears to resemble that of a gigantic sweet chestnut, the spikes being numerous and needle-sharp. Prickly Goombas are highly resistant to injury because physical attacks, more often than not, will harm the attacker, who will become injured by touching a Prickly Goomba shell. They are not protected as well from elemental or magical attacks, however, and their heads and feet are still vulnerable. Because they are a super-powered variant, Prickly Goombas gain no effect from power mushrooms.

Paragoomba
- The Goomba equivalent of a Paratroopa, Paragoombas have all the physical strength of a normal Goomba, in addition to a pair of feathery wings that sprout from the backs of either their stems or caps, giving them the ability to fly with incredible speed and agility, similar to their Koopa counterparts. Because of their wings, Paragoombas are a super-powered variant and cannot use power mushrooms.

Octoomba
- Strange Goombas that resemble octopi, Octoomba generally have brightly-colored, patterned skin that looks the same covering their entire bodies, having no distinction between their caps, stems, or feet. Resembling cephalopods, they have somewhat oval-shaped caps with large eyes that glow bright colors, and protruding, tube-like mouths rather than the wide, gaping jaws and fangs of traditional Goombas. Their feet are larger proportionally, and almost completely hide the stem part of an Octoomba’s body. They do not usually wear shoes, unlike most Goomba variants. Octoomba also have a single short, antennae-like lure on top of their heads, with large, glowing protrusions at the tips similar to an anglerfish. Octoombas possess the typical physical powers of an average Goomba, but are capable of breathing underwater. They additionally do not become ill or sick if they become wet, making them one of the few creatures willing to walk around in the rain. Because they are a super-powered variant, Octoombas are unable to use power mushrooms.

Jack O’ Goomba- These Halloween-themed Goombas resemble normal Goombas in every way, aside from the large, jack o’ lantern shapes found over their caps, which completely obscure their faces in every way, resembling walking pumpkins, rather than mushrooms. With their faces completely hidden behind leering or smiling jack o’ lantern faces, these Goombas can breathe flashes of bright blue flames from the mouths and eyes of their pumpkins, burning whatever gets too close, or whatever they target within five feet of themselves, having a shorter range than Fire Koopas. Immune to fire, these super-powered Goomba variants are not able to eat power mushrooms and gain special effects from consuming them.

Gromba- Large, bulky Goombas where the only visible parts of their bodies are their eyes and feet, Grombas are Goombas covered in large, round, rocky shells, allowing them to roll towards opponents in order to attack them, and also possessing high resistance to most forms of attack. The incredible weight of their shells, however, make Gromba too heavy to properly swim, or even to walk correctly, and they may stumble or trip over on occasion if they attempt to move too quickly and lose their balance, which is easily upset by the large amount of weight on their heads. A super-powered variant, Grombas cannot use power mushrooms and gain special effects form their consumption.

Gritty Goomba- Strange, mysterious Goombas that are swathed in cloth in a fashion resembling that of a mummy, and also typically wearing dark lenses or goggles to conceal their eyes, Gritty Goombas may also carry metal-tipped spears with brightly-colored cloth hanging from their shafts. The main reason for their clothing, which covers every inch of their body, only leaving openings at the mouth, is in order to protect them from their own power, which is the ability to stir up massive gusts of wind and dust in order to create small, isolated sand or dust-storms, which can badly obscure the vision of an enemy, although Gritty Goombas are fully-capable of seeing through the dust or sand, and the bandages and goggles on their eyes prevent them from being harmed by larger, more harmful projectiles that might be stirred up, depending on the environment. Gritty Goombas have the same strength as normal Goombas, but due to their powers, cannot use power-mushrooms to gain special abilities in addition to their current powers.

Choomba- Perhaps the most terrifying super-powered variant of any Goomba in overall presence, Choombas possess a frightening appearance, being gigantic in size, and standing a full head taller than the average height of most regular Koopas or Toads. Like locomotives, their bodies are metallic, and likewise, their shoes are also formed out of what looks like heavy iron. Their caps or faces, rather than looking like traditional mushroom caps, are only vaguely shaped like the typical face of a Goomba, the tops rising up into chimneys, and their caps resembling iron furnaces. Their mouths and eyes, while being shaped in a similar fashion to normal Goombas, are bright, glowing holes, revealing the intense fires that constantly burn inside of their bodies, though when they speak or move, strangely, nothing burning appears to spill out of their faces, even though their tongues appear to be made out of beds of live coals. When anything dry or flammable is thrown into the opening on top of their heads, Choombas begin to produce smoke from their chimneys, and the energy generated from burning fuel makes them temporarily able to run at increasingly faster speed, gaining momentum like a train. Despite weighing an incredible amount, Choombas are able to jump fairly high, and generally, they attack by charging at enemies at full speed, colliding with them using their hard, incredibly heavy bodies, sometimes jumping in order to hit the upper body of an opponent. Despite containing fires in their bodies, Choombas do not seem to be able to use them offensively, drawing on them for power. A Choomba’s power is dependent on the flame in its body, and therefore, depriving them of fuel, or getting them wet or becoming caught in the rain can make them go completely dark over time, still capable of movement and survival, but only able to move at a slow, creeping pace. While their bodies are made of incredibly tough materials, it seems they are very weak to magic or elemental attacks, and they can also be harmed by fire directed at them, which can interfere with their fuel source and burn it out more quickly. Physical attacks of sufficient strength can also injure them. Because they are clearly a super-powered Goomba Variant, Choombas cannot use power mushrooms, and additionally, eating power mushrooms also seem to cause their flames to burn out more quickly, actually having a negative effect when eaten.

Cat Goomba- Cat Goombas differ from regular Goombas in a very specific way, despite having the same body shape and face type, Cat Goombas also possess a pair of pointed ears on their caps, and a feline tail, in addition to paw-like feet with retractable claws and a coating of fur over their entire bodies. Born with permanent powers resembling those granted by the Cat Mushroom, Cat Goombas are generally good at climbing things, and are known to attack by pouncing on their enemies with unsheathed claws. They also generally move at a faster speed than normal Goombas. Because of their special abilities, Cat Goombas gain no benefit from eating power-granting mushrooms.

Power-up Mushrooms

Fire Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Fire Mode’ form, allowing them to temporarily create and throw fireballs

Super Acorn Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Flying-Squirrel Mode’ form, allowing them to glide on the air, cling to walls or trees, and jump in midair.

Super Leaf Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Raccoon Mode’ form, allowing them to glide on the air, and attack using a raccoon tail that they gain while in this form.

Frog Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Frog Mode’ form, allowing them to swim incredibly fast in the water in any direction, and jump higher than normal.

Tanuki Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Tanuki Mode’ form, allowing them to use the same abilities as granted by Super Leaf Mushrooms, save for the flight duration being less, in addition to the ability to transform into a statue, making them extremely difficult to harm in any form or fashion, but also rendering them completely immobile until they stop using the ability. The statue form is very heavy, and can therefore in some cases be used in an offensive manner.

Super Flower Mushroom- These mushrooms allow characters to throw balls of energy that harm enemies, and bounce off of objects at forty-five degree angles, therefore, the ricochet technique can be used offensively in a strategic fashion.

Balloon Mushroom- These mushrooms temporarily make the user lighter than air, allowing them to comfortably float off of the ground.

Bunny Mushroom- Transforms a character into their ‘Bunny Mode’ form, allowing them to jump higher, and escape injury, even if falling from a very high distance in the air. They may also temporarily hover in the air, although they cannot do so infinitely.

Vanish Mushroom- A mushroom that temporarily makes the user intangible, allowing them to walk through enemies and solid objects. Physical attacks cannot harm those using a vanish mushroom, but magical attacks can. The user of this mushroom cannot harm enemies when using this ability.

Ice Mushroom- A mushroom that grants the user the ability to temporarily create and throw balls of ice.

Mix Flame Mushrooms- Like Fire Mushrooms, these mushrooms allow the user to create and throw fireballs, but the fireballs created by these mushrooms are much smaller and weaker than fire mushrooms. When used by more than one person, however, multiple people can combine their fireballs into a larger, much more powerful one to attack foes. Mix Flame Mushrooms require teamwork in order to bring out their full potential.

Mini Mushroom- These mushrooms temporarily shrink characters into their ‘Mini Mode’ forms, letting them fit through incredibly small passageways, walk on water, and jump and land at locations much further away without injury.

Bee Mushroom- These mushrooms temporarily turn characters into their ‘Bee Mode’ form, allowing them to fly, walk on clouds, and walk on sticky substances such as honey without becoming trapped.

Boo Mushroom- Transforms characters temporarily into their ‘Boo Mode’ forms, allowing them to phase through solid objects, and understand the language of Boos, Booish.

Spring Mushroom- Transforms characters into their ‘Spring Mode’ form temporarily, permitting them to jump much higher and land without injury.

Red Star Mushroom- Temporarily grants characters the ability to fly by transforming them into their ‘Flying Mode’ form.

Propeller Mushroom- Transforms characters temporarily into their ‘Propeller Mode’ form, allowing them to fly through the air and hastily land.

Penguin Mushroom- Transforms characters temporarily into their ‘Penguin Mode’ form, allowing them to slide on ice without slipping, swim more quickly in water, and occasionally throw ice balls, although not as efficiently as Ice mushrooms.

Cloud Mushroom- Temporarily transforms characters into their ‘Cloud Mode’ form, allowing them to walk on already-existing clouds, in addition to creating small clouds that they can walk on like platforms, as though they were solid ground.

Rock Mushroom- Temporarily transforms characters into their ‘Stone Mode’ form, allowing them to roll into enemies like a large rock in order to damage them, while also granting heightened resistance to injury, although a character is not immune to attacks in this form.

Cat Mushroom- Temporarily turns characters into their ‘Cat Mode’ form, allowing them to expertly climb up walls and other vertical surfaces, run at a faster speed, and fight opponents using retractable claws.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Accepted Characters

ViperaUnion

Name: Tanaka
Species: Paratroopa (?)

Appearance: Tanaka in appearance seems to be a uniquely-colored younger Paratroopa adult, possessing a sleek, shiny, almost mirror-like black shell with the turtle shell pattern being so well-blended that it is almost seamless. The outer trim of her shell is a matching, pure black color. Her feathery wings, in contrast to the highly-common white color, are also a very dark, stormy grey, though they are not pure black, and her scales are a grey color that matches her wings, having a highly-polished appearance, which, in certain lights, reflect iridescent colors. When one looks closely, they may make out paler-colored scales on her body in patches, indicating healed scars that resulted from previous injuries, indicating bite and claw marks, among other things. The plated bottom of her shell, which covers her belly, is a very pale, eggshell-white color, having only a faint grey cast to it. She possesses similar facial features to most regular Paratroopas, save for two small, sharp teeth that poke down from her upper jaw around the corners of her mouths, looking faintly like fangs. Tanaka’s eyes are a brilliant yellow color, accentuating her stormy-looking physical appearance . In regards to clothing, Tanaka wears a black t-shirt under her shell, in addition to matching black shorts, and wears pure-black running shoes designed to prevent her from slipping on sleek, wet surfaces.  She also carries around her neck a pair of goggles. The goggles are somewhat steampunk-themed in appearance, being perfectly round, and strapping tightly over the eyes when in use. The goggles possess a black leather strap and thick silvery-grey metal frames around the lenses, which are darkly-tinted, but are also heavy-duty, and designed to protect the eyes from weather or flying projectiles. Tanaka generally wears these goggles over her eyes during the daytime, suggesting that she sees very well in the dark, but is sensitive to daylight.

Personality: Possessing powers and abilities outside of the natural scope of a Paratroopa, Tanaka is a highly mysterious individual, not even taking into account that she was abducted, according to her own words, roughly three years prior to the kidnapping attempt that resulted in a number of Toads and Koopas being stranded in the same alternate dimension as her. Because of the longer period of time she has spent in the alternate dimension, she is regarded not only as someone surrounded by a large number of unanswered questions, but also as an authority regarding most things in the world, the majority of what is seen being regarded as alien by new arrivals. Her excellent memory and high intelligence make her a useful advisor when confronted with any new situation, and may provide information that could prevent otherwise unaware individuals from making mistakes that could cost them their lives. Willing to sacrifice for others, Tanaka can be fiercely protective, and is quick to come to the defense of those around her, even if it may result in potential injury. Her overall fighting skill in battle is quick to suggest that she has great experience in fighting, perhaps because of the overwhelming necessity for her to fend off attacking monsters on multiple occasions in order to obtain food, water, and shelter.

Tanaka is generally open about her life in the alternate dimension, and what she must do daily in order to survive, but she will usually shut down conversation the moment people question her about what her life was like before she was abducted by a red vortex. A sensitive topic, she rapidly grows uncomfortable when anyone mentions events that were occurring before their abduction; whether it is because she does not like the world she left behind, or because she has not heard news from that dimension in three years is uncertain. Whenever people mention the mysterious figure responsible for their abduction, Tanaka is known to suddenly grow very dark, to the point that one might even glimpse murderous intent in her eyes, although others would claim that the look isn’t of rage, but of pain and fear. The events surrounding Tanaka’s own abduction are unclear, but generally, she outright refuses to mention anything regarding them. Despite her lack of reluctance to speak about her life in the alternate dimension, Tanaka is actually a rather shy, secretive Koopa, usually limiting what she mentions about herself to impersonal details, and giving away little about her own personal thoughts on a matter or issue, although enough communication with her might eventually make her open up more towards certain people.

When she is used to a person, she is generally less likely to withhold personal thoughts on a matter, and is shown to possess innocently simple wants and desires, being easily satisfied with a safe, warm place to sleep, clean water, and food. Despite the constant requirement for her to hunt, fight, or kill other creatures in the alternate dimension, Tanaka in reality greatly dislikes conflict, and would prefer to live out her life in peace, without worrying about being attacked or hurt. Although she is very skilled at hiding what she feels, for the most part, simple harsh statements are enough to hurt her feelings, and she generally hides and cries in secret when no one is watching her. She also has a tendency to possess greater trust in wild animals or inanimate objects than in people, generally able to engage in peaceful interactions with certain kinds of creatures, but often reluctant to trust others, perhaps because of the greater degree of complexity required for communicating with intelligent beings. Overall, however, despite her generally very sweet, almost child-like nature, Tanaka often appears to carry the weight of incredible sorrow and pain. Not only does she not properly fit in among other people, due to three years of isolation, but she also appears to suffer for the injustice of her abduction, perhaps wanting to find and punish the person responsible for it. It is even possible that she knows who is responsible for the red vortexes, but she does not tell anyone when asked, and it is likely that she herself does not even know where the individual is.

Abilities: Tanaka is physically strong, even by the standards of trained Koopa Troopas and Paratroopa soldiers. The constant requirement for her to fight, hunt, and defend herself from threats has forced her to develop strength and power that surpasses the capabilities normally born out of traditional training methods, the situations often being real, rather than simulated. As a result, she generally flies faster and with more skill than most Paratroopas, and can easily outlast or outrun any Koopa on the ground in a race, although all of these capabilities are well within the grasp of the two variants. Nothing separates Tanaka’s physical capabilities from that of a Koopa Troopa or Paratroopa aside from three years’ worth of experience.

Paratroopa flight set aside, Tanaka is unique because of her other abilities, which make what kind of Koopa variant she is uncertain. Her eyes, which are highly sensitive to light, allow her to see extremely well at night, and almost perfectly even in near-complete darkness, something that would typically not be found among paratroopas, although it is a visual capability very similar to a Rocky Wrench Koopa, although even then, her eyesight is still generally much sharper. She also eerily possesses specific magical abilities associated with Magikoopas of high skill, although they are not combat-related. Instead, Tanaka appears to possess healing magic, able to repair injuries and cure sickness, even without the use of a wand or staff to channel power. This healing magic appears to be one of the main reasons that Tanaka survived her first days of exile in the alternate dimension, although this magic, like always, possesses very strict limits.

Weaknesses: Tanaka has the same traditional weaknesses as a normal Paratroopa, in addition to weaknesses that act as downfalls to the extra abilities that are not known to the winged Koopa variant. Possessing highly photosensitive eyes, while Tanaka can see extremely well in the dark, she constantly wears goggles over her eyes during the daytime, as a certain amounts of light can make seeing extremely difficult, to the point that she can accidentally walk or fly into obstacles, or, if the light is truly bright, cause extreme pain. Tanaka also possesses healing magic, which, while capable of curing sicknesses or repairing wounds, is limited by Tanaka’s own strength. While she could potentially heal multiple sick and injured at once, the more she uses this ability, the more that Tanaka’s own strength is sapped. Using too much of this power can leave Tanaka physically incapacitated, unable to walk or fly on her own, and even further, it can render her unconscious for several hours or even days. Therefore, Tanaka must be careful in using her special abilities, because they can have just as severe drawbacks as advantages. Additionally, like all Koopa variants with special abilities, Tanaka is incapable of using power mushrooms, either to grant special abilities, or restore her strength when weakened.

Name: Hikaru
Species: Toad

Appearance: Hikaru is an older male Toad who has aged relatively well, although it is evident that he has undergone a lot of stress in his life. Taller than most Toads, with a somewhat muscular build, it is clear that he leads an active lifestyle, and has no intentions of stopping to relax. He has a somewhat square face with a faint cleft to his chin, and while he has fewer wrinkles than most Toads his age, he has dense creases around the corners of his eyes, from squinting off into bright sunlight for long, extended periods of time. Hikaru’s eyes, while almost always squinting or narrowed somewhat, are large and round, with a bright green color. He also has well-maintained dark brown facial hair which has become mottled with several pure-white hairs, taking the form of a short beard. Visible underneath the mushroom cap on his head, Hikaru has short, straight hair that extends down the sides of his face, elongating somewhat, almost resembling sideburns, although he carefully grooms himself, and therefore looks as though he cares for his appearance. The mushroom cap on Hikaru’s head is a large, round ball in shape, and is a pale, spring green color, with faint, green, near-white speckles all over it, although mixed in with these paler color flecks are small spots that are a faint pinkish-violet in color. Hikaru’s skin, overall, is an extremely dark tan, from frequently being out in the sunlight.

In regards to clothing, Hikaru wears a plain white shirt underneath an open pale green long-sleeve vest with a darker-green trim to it. He wears white pants that completely cover his legs, and brown shoes with lighter brown soles, similar to what most Toads wear for clothing, although with a few differences. Although he has no need to use a cane to walk, Hikaru often carries a sturdy walking stick carved from a thick wooden vine, which he uses on occasion to ensure he is not about to step on something dangerous, and also, sometimes as a weapon.

Personality: Hikaru, like the mysterious Paratroopa Tanaka, was abducted three years prior to the events that left a large number of Toads and Koopas stranded in an alternate dimension. Wise beyond his years, Hikaru is slow to anger, and patient with people who are dealing with emotional strife. He is also, like Tanaka, vaguely aware of who was responsible for kidnapping people in red vortexes, although also unaware of the culprit’s location. He additionally confesses, however, that he knows far less about the matter, although he would willingly give any information he had, if he did possess any. Despite the obvious differences in age and species, overall, Hikaru shares a close connection with Tanaka, namely because they shared a similar blight, and were also the only people to interact with for three years.

Serving as a sort of ‘home-base’ for many people, Hikaru offers helpful advice to people regarding their emotional problems and subjects that are not so obvious or simple in nature, usually being a comforting, warm presence that puts most people at ease, even those who are aggressive or violent-tempered. He also possesses medical knowledge, along with skills such as fishing, fire-building, and cooking. He also does not appear to differentiate between Toads or Koopas, treating all people with equal levels of respect, and only resulting to force or harshness when there is no other option. When angry or using force, Hikaru displays incredible aptitude for using his walking stick as a weapon, and often seems like a parent figure to most, generally respected as a figure who delivers disciplinary measures. His high-level intelligence makes him incredibly helpful in most situations, as he may act as an advisor to people who know little about the world that they are in.

Regarding personal issues, Hikaru, while disturbed by the mention of the force responsible for abducting him, does not appear to be upset by talking about it, nor does he shy away from conversation regarding his life before he was kidnapped, although he often claims that Tanaka knows more about the kidnapper responsible for the vortex than he does, as he cannot even describe the culprit’s face or appearance. Additionally, he is not afraid to interact with strangers, enjoying company, and relishing the fact that he might receive news about the world he was taken from after three, long years of not knowing. A kind-hearted and generous person, Hikaru seems to live for the joy and happiness and others, and often, his greatest desire is to see other people happy and at peace. His generosity is evident in his willingness to offer food to complete strangers, and medical help to the sick or wounded. Despite his incredible fighting skill, Hikaru generally prefers to flee from conflict or move away from where it might occur, rather than ever permit it to start.

Abilities: As a Toad, Hikaru can use power mushrooms to the full effect, and generally, keeps multiple different kinds with him at all times. Hikaru specializes in the abilities of three different kinds of power mushrooms. The first kind of mushroom he specializes in is the Cloud Mushroom, which allows him to walk on clouds like solid ground, and create platforms of clouds under his feet. Hikaru also uses the Vanish Mushroom, which can make him intangible for a time. The final and third kind of Mushroom Hikaru is skilled in using is the Super Acorn Mushroom, which transforms him into a ‘Flying Squirrel Mode’ form, allowing him to glide, cling onto walls and trees, and jump in midair.

Weaknesses: While Hikaru possesses considerable physical strength resulting from his many occasions on which he needed to fight to defend himself, Hikaru’s special abilities are limited to ingesting power mushrooms. While power mushrooms for a Toad can last for the duration of an entire fight, the effectiveness of using a mushroom depends almost entirely on a Toad’s experience in using it. While Hikaru is skilled using three different kinds of mushrooms, and is also aware of the powers granted by other mushrooms, he is not entirely sure how to employ the different abilities properly. Also, Hikaru cannot use two mushroom powers at once, nor will he waste a second mushroom and cancel out the effects of one he is already using until it wears off.

Name: Noriko
Species: Bone Goomba (?)

Appearance: Noriko is a Bone Goomba who looks distinctly menacing, just based on physical appearances alone. With the typical features of all Bone Goombas, namely a skull-like bone that covers the top of his head, coming down to stop only at the upper part of his mouth, and ring around in a perfect circle. His eyes gaze through the skull with a straight and expressionless brow ridge formed by bone above them, and a small triangle of a hole where a nose would normally be present is also visible. The part of the skull that covers Noriko’s upper lip additionally masks even part of Noriko’s lower jaw, because of the large, sharp teeth that jut down like fangs. There are six of these upper teeth, four on the inner part symmetrically, and two very large ones that mark the ‘corners’ of the mouth, like many predatory creatures. Noriko’s own mouth on the lower jaw, wide with an under-bite like most Goombas, has long, sharp upward-pointing fangs at the corners that perfectly come up past the larger outer teeth on the skull. Because of this arrangement, Noriko’s skull-mask appears to resemble an actual part of his face, rather than something that can be removed. Although the skull-mask already gives one the impression of more sharp teeth than a typical Goomba, Noriko’s actual teeth, while larger on the lower jaw, are all rather sharp and dangerous in appearance.

Skull-mask set aside, Noriko’s cap itself is a dark reddish-liver color primarily, with veins of a paler color of the same shade, differing from the usual colors of of blue or black. A faint yellowish tinge comes from the underside of it, producing a strange effect on the eye. The stem part of Noriko’s body is the same color as the pale tinge of the veins on his cap, and his feet match the darker liver color. Noriko’s scleras are a dark pure black, but his glowing pupils are a pale shade of gold, almost to the point of being white. Unlike most individuals, however, even for a Bone Goomba (Which is actually alive, not undead) Noriko’s eyes have a distinctly ‘dead’ quality to them, almost as though his soul were rotten. Noriko’s eerie, apathetic gaze is known to be the main indicator of his personality. He may also walk with a distinct slouch forward, despite being about a third a head taller than most Goombas, therefore negating any impact on others that his greater height might have had, as one cannot tell that he is actually tall because of his poor posture. It is because of the twisted nature of his facial expression and the way he carries himself, not facial features, that lead many to view him as frightening, creepy, or disturbing, rather than attractive (By Bone Goomba standards, Noriko would have been physically attractive because of his unique appearance). This aside, Noriko generally wears a dark midnight-blue scarf made of cotton around his neck, so that a trailing end flows behind him.

Personality: Noriko is a highly apathetic and self-isolated loner who is extremely averse to any kind of social interaction, even after being stranded with only two other people for three years. He has no friends because of his own strong tendency to avoid anything that could lead to such relationships, and he almost always performs tasks alone. His behavior tends to be outright anti-social and rebellious, because Noriko knowingly performs actions that are in direct conflict with the rules set by society. Despite the typical ideas behind what these descriptions entail, however, he is not hot-blooded or violent; often, he is regarded with such negative terms because his absolute honesty is combined with a complete lack of restraint or inhibition. Highly intuitive and clever, Noriko easily understands the psychology behind a person’s actions, and generally, he receives negative responses because of his tendency to pick people and society apart, laying bare all the reasons for why certain actions are performed by an individual or group. Noriko does not refrain in analyzing behavior, and therefore, often goes too far; although people know nothing about him and should not be bothered, because Noriko only analyzes behavior based on pure logic and factual evidence and the truth itself, it tends to greatly upset them. It does not help that Noriko, as an individual, knows the truth behind a person’s intentions better than anyone else, even though he doesn’t have any personal information about them. It can be viewed as disturbing that a complete stranger knows the entire heart of the matter.

Noriko, however, despite how negatively he might be viewed by the majority of people around him, is not a bad person. He never states anything to solely hurt people; often, he views his social suicide to be the quickest way to uniting a group and resolving conflict, his own person being the only one who is excluded, hurt, and loathed by society as a common enemy. Just because of his self-imposed isolation, one should not think that Noriko is actually as apathetic or uncaring as his expression or manner may initially lead people to believe. Noriko’s isolation is partly due to the actual truth about his personality, that he is in reality highly sensitive and easily hurt, and avoids relationships to avoid heartache. Much of his logic, pessimistic attitude, and stubborn refusal to change are meant to act as a shield for his heart, and the truth is that Noriko often dislikes his own solutions to social problems, although he is result-oriented and is unusually proud of his work, and refuses anything resembling pity or sympathy. In many cases, however, when he is socially rejected, despite not showing any emotion in front of others, Noriko is actually deeply hurt, although he is typically so used to it that he does not care, even if others would express concern for his well-being.

Despite his incredible talent for making enemies, Noriko never ‘crosses the line’ with the intention of picking fights. When confronted about his own rotten or creepy behavior, whether it is his tendency to chuckle slightly at an inner thought, talk to himself, or pick people apart, Noriko shies away from conflict, and generally accepts the harsh criticisms, even if they are hurtful. He will also actively attempt to become the losing party in a conflict, being extremely submissive, despite his otherwise brazen actions. His personality, typically described overall as rotten, is notably spineless in the face of society, and generally, he views himself as insignificant, taking the fall because he often expects that nothing good will ever happen to him, and he intentionally refrains from having any hopes for something more positive. Because of these aspects of his personality and his purely logical thinking, Noriko does not understand properly the feelings of others in an empathetic fashion, despite his dense nature only being a façade, and because of his tendency to hurt himself, he often hurts the people around him who do feel concern for him, often because he does not recognize that they care. Despite his overwhelmingly negative personality, however, if given the chance, Noriko is in reality a very kind-hearted and sensitive person, and once given sufficient evidence to believe that an individual genuinely cares about him, can be one of the most close companions a person might have, even going as far as to turn back on his usual philosophy regarding life, and offer his friendship.

Other positive aspects of Noriko, otherwise not noticed, are that despite his terrible personality in general, he is hard-working and extremely intelligent, capable of forming a strategy to deal with almost any situation. He is also known to stand up for people who are socially attacked or excluded, even if the most he does is draw the negative attention away from the victim and towards himself. He has exceptional leadership skills, and despite contrary belief, works well in groups when it is required. He additionally never spreads rumors or tells lies, and will keep secrets whenever they are entrusted. Finally, no matter how poorly he may be viewed or how he behaves, Noriko is in reality, always looking out for others, even if he claims he does not care, and will go to any length necessary to protect them from harm, even if it means being hurt himself.

Abilities: As a Bone Goomba, Noriko’s eyesight permits him to see in complete darkness that would otherwise blind anyone else to the point that they could not see what was directly in front of their faces. This means that he can move about undetected, given sufficient cover. He appears to possess incredible tolerance to pain, but he does not seem to have enhanced strength or speed as expected of his kind. What calls into question his identity as a Bone Goomba, however, is that he seems to possess some strange abilities that other Goomba variants do not have. First, Noriko’s eyes are capable of detecting objects outside the visible light spectrum, including creatures such as ghosts or Boos that are invisible. Noriko, despite lacking any sort of true nose, also appears to have a powerful sense of smell, to the point that he can detect stronger emotions or a person’s physical condition via scent, and even if one were to put out his eyes, Noriko’s smell alone could allow him to successfully navigate, even if he had no physical vision. His nonexistent ears, likewise, are so well attuned that he can hear the faintest of noises, even the heartbeat of a mouse, from long distances, although none of the pitches are outside of what would be considered the audible spectrum of frequencies. Because of his enhanced hearing, Noriko chooses his footsteps carefully, and can move without making a single noise, sneaking up on people without ever being noticed. Noriko’s experiences in attempting to survive in the alternate dimension for three years greatly enhance his fighting ability, although much of this skill can be learned by others, given sufficient time and training.

Weaknesses: Noriko’s greatest weakness as a Bone Goomba is that he is far weaker than Koopas or other Goombas with special abilities, unless their powers are not combat-related. He is also equally as disadvantaged against normal Goombas, Koopas, and Toads that can use power-granting mushrooms, as he cannot use the mushrooms himself to enhance his fighting ability. Much of Noriko’s disadvantage in combat relates to the fact that he is actually very weak physically speaking, when compared to a normal Bone Goomba, save for his incredible ability to tolerate and endure pain, which could permit him to keep moving long after others would have been unable to function. His incredible fighting skill and training heavily offsets this weakness, and while Noriko can generally hold his own against very strong opponents because of this and his stamina alone and easily defeat normal Goombas, Koopas, and Toads if they are not using special mushrooms, he can still be rapidly defeated by more combat-related powers. Noriko is a Bone Goomba whose abilities are more comparable to a normal Goomba without mushrooms. He appears to survive solely because of the intensity of his training for survival, his intelligence, and his incredible senses.

Name: Kohaku
Species: Koopa Troopa

Appearance: Kohaku is an average Koopa Troopa in appearance and stature. Possessing faintly shiny scales that are an overall pale orange color with several spots of bright yellow, he overall looks like his body is made from honey-colored amber stone. His shell, which retains an overall dull, polished appearance, is a dark shade of red with swirling patterns of extremely dark orange, the shell’s turtle pattern resembling cracks in a polished stone. The outer trim of his shell is a banded, paler orange than the rest of the shell. The plated bottom of his shell is a bright, pale yellow, which resembles either lemons or butter in color. Like all Koopa Troopas, Kohaku’s face possesses the typical beak. Kohaku’s eyes are a bright, pale blue color. In regards to clothing, Kohaku wears a bright red t-shirt and white boxer shorts underneath his shell, which are not seen unless he removes it. He wears dark red shoes to match his shell.

Personality: Kohaku is a sweet-tempered, yet somewhat naïve young Koopa Troopa who generally isn’t aware of the danger in a situation, even though he has received training to face it, if necessary. With no field experience, however, he has never truly known up until the vortex kidnapping what a life-or-death situation is, nor how he should react to one. Because he is a ‘green’ Koopa Troopa overall, if he is faced with a combat situation, Kohaku still might run the risk of freezing up with fear, and even then, would suffer great anxiety at the thought of conflict, in addition to fear. His overall loving personality greatly conflicts with his identity as a Koopa Troopa in the ranks that follow Bowser, so in the end, he still isn’t certain if he is meant to be a traditional soldier or not. His overall reluctance to view people as enemies also conflicts with the typical soldier mentality towards the opposite side, and generally, it shocks him that anyone can be truly evil or heartless, even though his own King Bowser is in many cases ruthless and without mercy. It is possible that Kohaku does not see his own King as heartless, however, because Bowser generally treats his own minions with a relatively large degree of concern, even if it possesses an overall harsh nature.

Because of his lack of experience, Kohaku is not only fearful or nervous during confrontations, but if spoken to by an opponent, will outright be unable to form an actual response, quickly losing the will to fight when faced with a person who can condemn him for it. He is generally very emotional, and might even shed tears, either because of extreme confusion, or because of disappointment in himself for failing to do his duty as a soldier with grace. While his behavior may brand him as a ‘wimp’ or ‘crybaby’ among more seasoned warriors, Kohaku’s general innocence may also have a tendency to grow on people, because it isn’t that Kohaku doesn’t try hard when faced with a challenge. With an unreal amount of determination to succeed in his goals, Kohaku places an incredible emphasis on devoting effort to a task. While he is a new soldier in the ranks, Kohaku is extremely observant and bright, and if given the chance, learns quickly, and can rapidly adapt to a situation if necessary.

Abilities: Kohaku is a Koopa Troopa specializing in the use of the Rock Mushroom, which allows him to harden his entire body into a ‘Stone Mode’ form, which allows him to roll into enemies like a large boulder in order to damage them, while also granting him increased resistance to injury. Being the only mushroom Kohaku has ever used, he is not aware of any other mushroom abilities, although he possesses the capability to use them and learn how. As long as he possesses his shell, Kohaku may additionally retract into it for protection, and even launch himself to slide along the ground and attack enemies in such a fashion. Without his shell, Kohaku is less resistant to injury, but can move much faster, akin to the speed of an average Toad.

Weaknesses: Kohaku, like a normal Koopa Troopa, possesses special powers only after eating a power mushroom, and is therefore limited by the number of power-granting items he has with him. His power-granting mushrooms also are less effective when he is wearing a shell, and he may not retain their abilities throughout the duration of an entire fight. He can decrease his defensive capability and increase his speed by removing his shell, which will allow him to use mushroom powers for a longer period of time, but if he does this, he cannot return to his shell or the mushroom powers will wear off. It should also be stated that, due to Kohaku’s lack of skill in direct combat, the use of his specialized Rock Mushroom training is of little help, due to the direct nature of the attacks that the mushroom allows being somewhat incompatible with his personality.

Name: Minori

Appearance: Minori is a graceful Toad female, young, and strong and confident, just based on the way that she carries herself. With pale skin like porcelain, Minori possesses long, trailing locks of platinum-blonde hair beneath her mushroom cap, which are tied into a single fishtail braid that falls to the middle of her upper back. She possesses a round face and intense grey eyes, along with a small, characteristic scar beneath her right eye, although aside from this one scar, her skin is flawless, indicating her overall lack of true combat that has resulted in injury. Her mushroom cap is a large, round ball balanced on her head, and in appearance, is a bright sky blue, with small white spots scattered all over it.

In regards to clothing, Minori wears a sky blue button-up shirt and black slacks, along with black shoes with paler grey soles. Identifying her status as one of Princess Peach’s guards before her kidnapping, Minori wears a light padded grey leather vest over her clothing, in addition to matching shoulder-pads. Covering this layer of light armor, completely masking it from view, is the light silvery-grey chain-mail cloak that protects Minori’s upper body, although this is only one of the many different variations of armor that a Toad might wear. Minori’s armor is built to be extremely light, with agrees well with a Toad in possession of her lighter, less powerfully-built frame.

Personality: With a somewhat vicious personality, Minori is a guard assigned to protect foreign diplomats, even as young as she is, due to her status as a prodigy in most forms of training, although she has never been faced with a true hostile situation, since she was not present the last time Bowser attempted to kidnap Princess Peach. Her overall high status among other soldiers as a prodigy has made her somewhat overconfident and prideful regarding her strength and prowess, and she is quick to scold soldiers who don’t perform their duty properly, even though she isn't classified as any sort of captain or figure with true authority. Despite her combat skill, however, Minori is shown to be rather lacking in common sense, and might over-estimate her own capability for success, perhaps charging into a situation without taking into account that there are actually enemies that she is not capable of fighting. In addition, while having survival training, she is shown to only do well on tests, and in actual real situations, does not seem to properly employ the knowledge she possesses, ironically suggesting that she only paid close attention to lessons relating to combat.

Because of her overall rough personality, Minori might attract negative attention from the majority of people, who dislike her tendency to look down on them, and it might even, in some cases, start physical scuffles. Having the disposition of an ill-behaved child, however, a strong enough opponent, or someone with sufficient wit or reasoning, is capable of putting her in her place, after which she should learn her lesson and show proper due respect. Having an elder brother with more experience who also worked as a guard, Minori normally relied on her sibling for guidance, as well as for acting as her ‘voice of reason’, but when the red vortex came, it separated them. Minori, despite her harsh nature, greatly cares about her brother, and constantly spends time wondering what he is doing, and if he is okay, knowing that his sister has gone missing, if he does not think she was killed by the red vortex. For all her combat prowess, however, Minori has never been forced to go up against wild creatures as opponents, or kill or forage for her own food and cook it, in addition to searching for clean water to drink. It is possible that Minori might have far less skill than she perceives herself with. Despite her negative traits, Minori is not a completely terrible person, and is known to possess a strong sense of right or wrong, and despite the fact that it might rub people the wrong way, she is not afraid to speak her mind, sometimes stating the same thing that other people might be thinking, but are too scared to actually mention.

Abilities: As a Toad, Minori is able to use power-mushrooms to full effect, and as a warrior prodigy, is more physically agile than most soldiers, although her strength is less, due to her leaner frame. The power-mushroom that Minori specializes in is the ice mushroom, which allows the user to create and throw frigid balls of ice when eaten. Minori knows little about other kinds of mushrooms, although she may use them.

Weaknesses: Minori, like all Toads, is limited power-wise by the number of power-mushrooms that she is carrying on her person, and in addition, while she is generally faster than most Toads, she lacks physical strength due to her thinner, leaner build. Minori’s strong-willed personality may work against her, because of her choleric temper, which might provoke her to engage in a melee-combat situation, in which she is naturally at a disadvantage, even when wearing armor.

Name: Tsubame
Species: Choomba

Appearance: As a Choomba, Tsubame maintains many qualities that make her overall more terrifying than others in appearance. Standing a foot taller over the average Koopa or Toad, she is gigantic compared to the majority of Goombas in existence. With a cap that rises up like a chimney with an opening in the top, she contains a fire that constantly burns inside of her body, and her eyes and mouth are holes revealing her tongue to be composed of glowing-hot materials. Her pupils, likewise, appear to be floating coals in her head, with a fiery red glow coming from the sclera and inside of her mouth, overall. Her eyes are perfectly rounded, but seem to possess eyelids and the ability to move, despite Tsubame appearing to be composed of metal. Unlike normal Goombas, Tsubame does not possess traditional fangs, and instead, the two upward-pointing fangs that are generally present are triangular shapes bordering her mouth, which can be opened and closed, once again seeming to be flexible despite the cap’s metallic nature. Tsubame also possesses what looks like rivets ringing around her stem, and her shoes seem to be iron-clad like her cap.

Being an extremely old Choomba, Tsubame, while not losing any physical function, does show signs to indicate her age. Her cap and iron shoes, which appear to have been pure black in the past, now have dustings of pale orange and red, making her look somewhat brown in color, rather than black. Her shoes, likewise, have the same signs of age. Her stem, which appears to be mainly a brushed-brass color, with black rivets ringing around the upper part like a necklace, has large patches of dull, mottled-brown spots where it is tarnished, and the rivets are somewhat rusty and red in appearance.

Personality: Tsubame is an old Choomba, but because of the fact that she is a kind of ‘living locomotive’ it doesn’t really hinder her movement much, since a train-like Choomba can go for a very long time before seeing a true decrease in overall function. It is true that Tsubame’s body isn’t sleek or new, and that she’s got spots that are rusty or tarnished, but she can still easily serve a role in Bowser’s army—whether she thinks his plans will be successful or not. When she was kidnapped by the red vortex, she had been certain that the plan to bring Goombas and Koopas of all different varieties would work, since previous plans usually revolved around a singular variant of only one of the groups. She was somewhat upset when everyone was kidnapped, having been thwarted from what she thought was a good kidnapping attempt herself, but overall, knows there isn’t much she can change about the situation.

A practical individual, Tsubame is not inherently a violent person, despite what her appearance might suggest. This in mind, she is extremely loyal to Bowser, if only because his kingdom provides many of the things that are greatly liked by her kind. This includes decent-quality fuel, a place to stay out of the rain that might put out their fires, and plenty of jobs that perhaps only a Choomba can properly perform as a locomotive with intelligent thought processes. Bowser’s kingdom is also hot, dry, and arid, and while she has no particular affinity for lava, dry air is perhaps the main reason for why the rust on her body is actually so minimal. Tsubame is loyal to Bowser because his kingdom not only contains conditions that are ideal for her kind, but also because he provides her with a way of life that is agreeable in most aspects.

This in mind, Tsubame will staunchly defend Bowser against all arguments from enemy parties, and perhaps draw attention to issues in the Mushroom Kingdom, as it is not entirely perfect, and would have concerned her if she were a resident. She tends to try to protect her fellow Goombas that are smaller than herself, proud to be a member of the largely diminutive species. She relishes being able to do something practical despite her age. Overall, however, what she mainly enjoys doing is looking after people, if only because young age can be an enormous factor in making mistakes.

In reality, when not debating the reason for her allegiance to Bowser, Tsubame is a generally friendly person who tends to carry on extremely pleasant conversations, despite her frightening appearance. Most people quickly warm up to her for her sweet, somewhat unchangeable demeanor, which acts as a beacon that keeps people grounded. A constant variable, Tsubame is reliable in a fight and as a friend. Additionally, while Tsubame regards the Mushroom Kingdom as her enemy, and disagrees with many of its policies and overall environment, she does not hold it against any of the residents or citizens personally. She won’t begrudge anyone for having differing opinions.

Abilities: As a Choomba, Tsubame’s natural abilities include her incredibly hard body, weight, and the ability to move in a fashion similar to a train engine, combined with strong legs that allow her to jump incredibly high, when her internal flame is sufficiently stoked with fuel. When given a proper fuel source, Tsubame can charge at an opponent continuously, continuing to gain speed and momentum even if she happens to hit something, and she can also jump to hit the upper-parts of the body, such as the head or torso. A full-on blow from a fast Choomba can be highly destructive, and it can also demolish obstacles.

Weaknesses: Tsubame’s power is directly related to her flames and fuel. With only a bed of coals, Tsubame can move at a relatively normal walking pace, but if her flames were to go out, she would slow to a painful crawl that even a Spiny could successfully surpass. She also has to have fuel available, so if she were to go into an environment without something to burn, she would have to carry it. Her flames can be put out by water or rain, and eating certain kinds of foods, especially magical mushrooms, it seems, can also dampen the flames.

Teedler

Name: Berry Chanterelle

Appearance: Berry is a fairly young toad who despite what her fairly slender frame would suggest, Berry has a good bit of muscle mass, from her job as a hammer smith, or apprentice at least. Anyway Berry’s cap is pretty round with light orange spots. Underneath her cap Berry possesses long blonde hair that is normally kept down but is tied up, with a hair tie she keeps on her wrist, when she is working. Berry has green eyes and a few freckles around her nose. Clothing wise Berry wears a beige button up shirt similar to the one that Captain Toad wears; she also wears a similarly colored skirt. Berry wears a pair of brown work boots on her feet, because foot protection is important when you carry heavy things.

Personality: Berry is an apprentice hammersmith, as a result of her job she has a mixed level of confidence with her work, either she thinks she’s the best or doubts with every fiber of her being. As another result of her line of work is that she is very willing to try new methods for different situations. In general Berry friendly, but seems to enjoy a good snark or two. I’m forgetting and trying to finish this something I’ll try to add in the rest in the ic.

Abilities: Berry is an apprentice hammersmith and as a result she knows her way around hammer and knows how to make hammers, or is learning at least. Being the apprentice Berry is typically given the grunt work, this usually involves collecting stone and other materials to make the hammers. Interestingly enough involves rock climbing so as a safety precaution she learned how to use Tanooki Mushrooms. Because her line of work involves physical activity and on the occasion she gets to work with molten metal, Berry has fairly good stamina and a heat tolerance.

Weaknesses: Once again as an apprentice Berry seems to lack confidence and her hammer based combat experience is just above

Diggers-B (Erops)

Name: Agent Carl Toadratty

Appearance: Toadratty's stoicism and attitude reflect in his appearance. Toadratty is slightly leaner than an average Toad, his body more bean-shaped than other Toads' egg-shaped bodies. Toadratty has a consistently stern expression on his face, his mouth almost permanently etched as a slight scowl (if not for his need to communicate verbally). He keeps any fibers combed underneath his mushroom cap, an all-black cap with the brim of a fedora. Toadratty has a pair of round, black-rimmed spectacles which he needs a cord to secure around his head (due to Toads' lack of ears).

Toadratty wears a black coat with two pockets, one with a wallet, the other with a locket with a photo of his ex-wife. He keeps this coat buttoned over his white button-up collared shirt. Toadratty wears a black tie and folds the edges of his white collared shirt over his coat. He has a grey glasses case in a pocket of his black pants. He wears standard brown Toad shoes, since they serve him well. Toadratty holds his pants up with a brown belt with a silver buckle; from his belt hangs his hammerspace holster, which is where he keeps his supply of power-ups. From under his belt, his pants bulge a bit. In his other pocket, he had an embroidered handkerchief.

Personality: Toadratty is serious, sullen, and stern. Hardly does he smile, unless something truly amuses him. He does not cry in front of others, though his past seems to trouble him if he is alone. Nevertheless, he never does anything in falseness, and expects the same from others. If agitated, he responds with "I'll shoot!" to anything that sounds like a threat. Nevertheless, Toadratty is primarily justice-minded and law-abiding, and resoects those who follow the rules and hunts those who break the rules.

Toadratty never gives up a chase, and once remained in dogged pursuit of the juvenile check-fraud master, Frank Toabagnale, Jr. for years before finally capturing him at Delfino Airstrip. However, Toadratty's intense focus on his work makes him the target of some abuse. Perhaps his wife left him because he seemed married to his job. His coworkers at the bureau ridicule him for his focus in his field, but he simply hardens his heart and continues to investigate fraud.

Toadratty, when he gets used to another person, may show small signs of friendship, but is generally very single-minded. Toadratty confides only to those that he can truly, undoubtedly trust. He does have a bit of a dry sense of humor, and makes some puns pertaining to context.

Due to the prior-mentioned love for truth and justice, Toadratty becomes furious if he cannot understand a reason for breaking the rules. And with the recent mass Toad-and-Koopa-napping, Toadratty has every reason to want to administer justice, even if missing-persons isn't really his field. Toadratty, if asked his opinion on the kidnappings, would reply with a resolution to find and apprehend whoever did this, and bring them under the thumb of the law.

Abilities: Toadratty has the focus and drive to take on the job of check-fraud investigator. Other than that, he's pretty much a normal Toad in terms of arm strength and speed (the latter which has slightly waned with age). However, Toadratty is skilled and accurate with the firing of Superballs, and prefers to use the Super Flower Mushroom. He has to be a skilled marks-Toad as an agent of the Mushroom Kingdom's investigation bureau.

Weaknesses: While he is very adamant in the pursuit of justice, Toadratty is certainly no spring chicken and is hindered a bit by his age. For instance, he cannot run as fast as he used to, making chases much more difficult. Toadratty can also be quite easily tricked, especially by someone clever such as Frank Toabagnale, as during numerous instances in that famed chase, Frank escaped Toadratty's grasp by means of trickery. (Subsequent phone apologies by Frank to Toadratty result in the miffed Toadratty accusing him of having no one else to talk to.)

Leonir01

Name: Magnus Tardi
Species: Magikoopa

Appearance: Like most Magikoopas, Magnus wears blue robes, brown shoes, a blue hat, and a pair of glasses. Magnus also keeps his shell under his robes. He carries a large brown staff that is very smooth and is completely clean, so clean that the staff shines a little. This is probably due to Magnus' lack of combat experience and laziness, which the latter causes him not to go outside when he has the option not to. In an idle standing position, Magnus can be seen leaning against a wall, and if there isn't wall, his staff. While walking Magnus uses his staff as a walking stick and uses it to support much of his weight. With no better way to say it, Magnus is a little on the more fat side.

Personality: Magnus doesn't fear combat, it's that he is to lazy to go experience combat. If there is an attack on one of Bowser's many castles, Magnus might shoot a few magic triangles at the attackers, but if any of them get to close, Magnus quickly tries to divert their attention by enhancing another Koopa's power that is near by. This usually leads to the attackers being distracted by the now more powerful Koopa while Magnus escapes. Of course, once Magnus gets too far away, the enhancing power goes away and the poor Koopa who he enhanced may have a more difficult time with the attacker.

Magnus looks lazy and is lazy. He almost never leaves whatever building he is in and always finds a way out of work. One time, the Koopa Troop was preparing for an invasion, and to escape having to march to places, Magnus took a boat to Rogueport and found a nice place in the sewers to hide in and wait for the conquest to be over. Of course, when the Thousand Year Door business started to happen, Magnus went back to the nearest one of Bowser's castles.

Abilities: Like most Magikoopa, Magnus can shoot magic beams in various shapes, grant immunity to fire to him and those he chooses, enhance other's abilities, and fly on a broom. However, he is not skilled enough in the art of magic to levitate or teleport like more skilled Magikoopa.

Weaknesses: Magnus is a bit slow and fat, so he can't run away from tough situations easily. While he isn't the dumbest or the smartest Koopa around, Magnus tends to make bad choices when he doesn't have much time to choose and is indecisive when he does have time to choose. His lack of combat experience also leads him to be not very sure what to do in the rare times he is put into a combat situation. He also has a deathly fear of everyone that is bigger than him and spiders.

Randomnantor

Name: Motch
Species: Goomba

Appearance: Motch is a typically shaped Goomba with a squat cap and heavyset jaw. His skin (flesh?) is a slightly mottled and darker shade than the usual Goomba brown, while the fangs on his lower jaw are wide and conical. Aside from this and his attire, Motch is a normal Goomba.

Motch's most notable feature is the massive helmet he wears that covers the majority of his cap, large enough that it partially obscures his vision and has a habit of slipping down, forcing him to tilt back to right it. The helmet itself is made from a patchwork of scrap metal and is very heavy.

Personality: Motch is a positive, hot-headed and loud individual. He has delusions of grandeur and heroism, where he is known for mindlessly throwing himself into combat in order to further his "legend". He consistently refers to himself in the third person and has been known to break out into narrating his actions, much to the irritation of others.

If you get past his quirks, Motch is a friendly and loyal fellow who enjoys fun and will defend his companions without pause, regardless of any personal danger. However his ego and lack of humbleness grates on many which means he has few friends and is the subject of many jokes amongst Bowser's ranks.

While typically stalwart in his high view of himself, Motch has a fragile ego. He can slump into brief periods of misery whenever he is embarrassed, mocked or beaten, although it doesn't take much for him to bounce back into his usual self.

Despite his macho, idiotic personality, Motch is of slightly above-average intelligence. He just doesn't seem to use it in anything.

Abilities: Motch's helmet makes him resistant to physical attacks and makes his own more powerful. The weight of the helmet allows his headbutts to cause large amounts of damage, having enough momentum to crack rock.

Weaknesses: Motch's helmet, while a great buff to his defense and offense is an impediment to his movement and agility it makes him incredibly top heavy. Repeated attacks both with and against Motch's helmet can make him dizzy and nauseous from vibrations, making him unable to deal with large groups of enemies effectively. In addition, if the helmet were to be removed, Motch is just a regular Goomba without any special abilities.

Motch also unfortunately has a crippling allergic reaction to the ingestion of power mushrooms. How this works since Motch is a mushroom confounds many. He counteracts this by saying that their power is so meagre to his awesomeness that they don't effect him.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Overflow section, do not post
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 am

Second Overflow, just in case. You may now post.
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:03 am

No Goombas? Sad
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:51 pm

I considered adding Goombas when I was writing the RP, but it was difficult to picture Goombas in the RP setting, because of their lack of hands. That in mind, I decided to just have Toads and a large number of Koopa variants.
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Do my character sheets have to be as detailed as yours? I'm not very good at character sheets. I guess they could be considered my weakest RP skill.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Okay, I did some additional research, and decided that I can probably add Goombas to the RP. They will just have a way of picking things up, somehow, even if they have no visible hands. Due to the large number of variants among Goombas, however, it will take some time for me to write down information about Goomba variants. Because Goombas are being added, the number of characters each Rper may have has been increased from four to six.
Back to top Go down
Randomnator

Randomnator

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 am

You could make it so that they have slightly sticky bodies so that they can just touch light-weight stuff to carry it around. To remove it they just shake it off.

Or they could just be really good at balancing things on their heads. Also yay Goombas!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:02 am

Yeah, I was discussing with someone how to add them, since the idea of Goombas in the RP kind of grew on me over time. He just said that they somehow picked things up, not really giving any sort of description as to how they did it. I finally decided to go with it and researched all the Goomba variants. As it turns out, there's a lot of Goomba variants in existence, but I had to isolate the ones that actually seemed unique or special, since certain variants consist of Goombas wearing clothing like spiky hats or helmets, rather than actual physical differences. I had a lot of tabs on my computer that were open.

It was fun adapting them, compared to the Koopas, because Goomba variants had more playful designs, or designs that seemed radically different from their normal appearance.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Very interesting. Are the defensive spores seen in smash bros going to have a use in this rp.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 pm

I have actually played only a small number of Mario games, so I had to research the spores you were mentioning. If you're referring to the Toad spores in smash bros used as a counterattack, then no, they don't really exist in this RP, although I could add a special super-powered Toad variant whose ability relates to the spores. I would have to take away the ability to use special mushrooms for that group, however, in order to balance them with all the other playable groups.

A lot of the traditional game mechanics in Mario are altered to make characters more even in strength and power. I've done a lot of careful research to fill in as many gaps as I can, and I made a section so that there's information for people who don't generally play Mario, but overall, the most recent Mario game I've played was Bowser's Inside Story.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Bowser's inside story was really good.

I didn't think the spores would really show up and if they did I assumed they would be a life or death thing.

Anyway I believe in the paper mario games the species that make up Bowser's army tend to be on good terms with the toad species, as its not uncommon for the towns and cities to have multiple species if them. I assume you found that in your research. I don't think that relation appears in the other mario games, so it being canon to the non paper series is questionable. Out of curiosity what is the general relationship between the members of the species that make up but aren't affiliated with the Koopa Troop?
Back to top Go down
Leonir01

Leonir01

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 pm

What happened to Toadsworth?
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:14 pm

He was last seen in dream team. in this i have no idea
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

In the Mushroom Kingdom there is a Goomba Village and a Koopa Village, which contain Koopas and Goombas that are loyal to Princess Peach, and live peacefully within the Mushroom Kingdom, and occasionally, they coexist with Toads. The Goombas were supposedly loyal to Peach in the beginning, but at some point a huge number of them defected to Bowser's side. The Koopas were probably defected from Bowser's side to the Mushroom kingdom, since Bowser is technically a kind of Koopa himself. Overall, the loyalties of the Koopas and Goombas and their political alignment are the main reason for whether or not they share a good relationship with Toads. It depends on whatever Kingdom they're loyal to.

In regards to Toadsworth, I actually forgot to mention him as a character in the opening post, although it is generally true that either he, or the character named Toad (Toad and Toadsworth are used interchangeably as characters in similar roles), is portrayed as Peach's most loyal subject and helper throughout games. It might not have a huge impact on the story, however, because in order to avoid mistakes in portraying the characters, there will be practically no appearances from the main cast at all. The main focus of the story will be the adventures of the people that were abducted by the red vortex, and how they bring down the bad guy responsible for all the problems in the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as the abductions, which will slowly start to spread into a global event over time. The opening post is supposed to explain how all of the characters got into the mess that they're in currently.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:19 pm

so is it same to assume that someone has to make the hammers for the Mario and Luigi series?
Because I'm considering making my character be a toadette who is a hammer-smith apprentice
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Well, the characters that initially get abducted are guards protecting foreign diplomats and other important figures, but red vortexes will start appearing all over the place, and a lot of random people are going to wind up disappearing. If your character is a hammer-smith apprentice, which is a kind of trade or career that involves being a merchant, that would actually put her at high risk of being abducted, so I would say that it would make sense for someone who makes hammers to get kidnapped.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Dern strat. I get to make a comment about her saying "isn't this peach's job"

Anyway fun but now non-canon fact: Bowser originally kidnapped Peach because she could undo all of his kingdom conquering magic. also the king of koopas is closer to an emperor.

Edit: Still canon, it's just no longer Bowser's motivation.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Supposedly, Bowser either kidnaps Peach because he wants to lure Mario into a trap, or he does it because he actually does have some sort of bizarre affection for her. In most cases, though, he usually wants to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. The biography I found in my research says that his overall personality varies between games somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

it does. There was some serious character development between inside story and dreamteam.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Yeah, with the Inside Story one, you kind of liked him, even though he wasn't really that nice. I got the impression that even if he kept failing in capturing the Mushroom Kingdom, he was still proud of his position as enemy number one.
Back to top Go down
Teedler

Teedler

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:55 pm

that's how bowser rolls
I highly suggest dream team. Bowser is less of a sympathy villain but it feels so right after inside story.
The best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toads and Koopas (OOC)   Toads and Koopas (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Toads and Koopas (OOC)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next