Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jaakuna Ishi (IC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Jaakuna Ishi (IC)   Jaakuna Ishi (IC) EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Finally got this up...

Jaakuna Ishi

The world was dark. The landscape was gray and the grass was dead. The sky above was a mysterious thing. It seemed black, although it also resembled a broken mirror and reflected back on the world in the form of thousands of milky shards. Light only shined down through the cracks and into the cracks along the ground. It was a broken world. Literally. The hoarse sound of whistling winds swirled about the horizon. In the darkness under the wavering clouds, fire spouted. It was red hot and furious, flashing from a single point in a dark place. From the core of the fire radiated a slit of black energy which then unfolded into the shape of a figure. It formed into a feminine object, soon morphing into a woman. She had hair that came down to her shoulders and was cyan in color. Her skin was silvery or bluish. Her eyes were a black in the sclera and her irises were black but with a ring of cyan around them. Her pupils were just a simple cyan dot. Her clothing was simple, a gray suit about her body and a "cape" that enveloped her. The area that clothed her heart had a hole in it. There was a hulking metal object digging into the woman's skin. It was the shape of a heart and had a long, narrow slit in it. A keyhole. The edges of the hole of her dress were attached to the edges of the heart locket by small threads. She stood strong and looked very unhappy. Her arms and legs seemed greatly inhuman. They were long and in darker colors than the rest of her skin. But the most peculiar thing about the woman was two large horns rising from her blue hair and curling on either side of her head. They resembled ram horns and made loops, thick and black and sharper than razors. Oddly though, her heart locket seemed injured. It had many horrid cracks drawn about it, spreading through her skin and even on her face. The locket itself dripped thick, black blood.

The fire ceased as another figure appeared, this time from the air. A pair of huge wings, black feathery wings, soared through the air faster than any bolt of lightning and the figure appeared in a millisecond. As it stepped onto the ground the wings dissipated into million of particles of ash, slowly dying away. The figure was a bit taller and this time masculine. He was a strange man. His body was equal to that of the woman. He had gray skin and his eyes were black but with silver rings. His long hair which seemed to brush in front of his face was black but with some golden iridescence. He wore a black "cloak" with a wicked and wild collar that spun about in mad contortions. His arms and legs were much like the woman's, but they were darker and he had long claws. He had a heart locket about him as well, but his was untouched and healthy. He had horns, but they were small and didn't resemble a ram, like the woman's. They were simple and arched backwards and were jet black. "Tanaka..." he said.

"Muga..." she said, touching her locket. The black blood wore off on her fingers and she looked at it angrily. She gazed back up at him. "I know that you heard about what happened."

"It happened to Hana too. She told me before you sent for me," Muga said, shaking his head. "Does it hurt?" He wanted to approach her, but he refrained. He knew that Tanaka was high and powerful and one wrong move and he'd be aching for weeks. Tanaka looked horrible though. She couldn't possibly fight like this. She looked up at him and simply nodded.

"We'll catch whoever did this to you, Tanaka," he said. He looked at her solemnly, wanting to show her any form of comfort, but lacking the knowledge to do so. This was Tanaka, no ordinary person of his kind.

"I already know it was Himitsu. He'll pay... Muga..." she said stepping closer to him. She spoke in a hushed voice. "I know you're much stronger than the others. I know you're much cleverer. Much more capable...."

"Whatever you want, I'll do it," Muga said.

Tanaka touched her heart again and then touched his, rubbing her fingers around the clean metal surface. "I feel like I've been this way for an eternity...." She growled angrily, grasping his locket as though wanting to pull it from him. She detached and looked away. "I should have seen it coming! I was so foolish... how could I have let this slip by?"

"How could you have seen it in the first place? He's a Form Changer. There was no avoiding it. He was clever, he got you. But Tanaka, I promise you...." Muga began to venture off with his words, looking at her intensely. He gritted his teeth angrily.

"You promise what?" Tanaka said looking back at him. "Muga, how far would you be willing to help me? Honestly. We're both of similar power, but we barely know each other." Tanaka closed her eyes angrily and waited for his words, which she knew would be in opposition to the statement.

"How could you say that?" asked Muga. "We've known each other for years. And you have always been a Queen to me, Tanaka." Muga said.

"If that is so, I want you to go and bring me back my key so I can stop Himitsu." Tanaka said. Muga nodded and with that his entire form split apart into thousands of miraculous little white sparks of light, shooting off into the distance and drowning away into the black horizon.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaakuna Ishi (IC)   Jaakuna Ishi (IC) EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:10 pm

The cat proceeded to hiss and threaten Chikako as she walked past it, although there was nothing personal between her and the feline. It was just a particularly mean tabby tom that had appeared about a week ago, and had been wandering about the same area ever since. It looked normal enough, with its grey fur and yellow eyes, but a lot of the animal-lovers who had approached it were convinced that it was some sort of demonic presence. A lot of hands had been cruelly scratched or bitten by the creature, and Chikako's pant legs had not been spared, either. Most people called this cat 'Nekomata' not because of the belief that it was an elderly cat, but because it was so ferocious in temperament. Animal-lovers could not understand how any regular feline was capable of such vicious behavior. Chikako strongly doubted that Nekomata was anything other than a regular cat, however. It was a tabby tom stray that had mysteriously come to live at a place that she happened to walk past every day. Even though Chikako had been passing through for a much longer period of time than the cat, Nekomata insisted that the territory belonged to it, and proceeded to attack her when she tried to ignore its threats.

Chikako had finally resolved herself to kick the animal and teach it a lesson, should it attempt to attack her again. She didn't like doing it, but the legendary Nekomata was becoming troublesome, and she had no other methods that made more sense. It was true that there were a small number of animal shelters, and that she could send it to one if she caught it, but it was only wishful thinking, if she hoped someone would adopt it. Nekomata was too aggressive an animal to be seen as fit to be anyone's pet, and it would likely be put down, because it would only serve to take up space that could otherwise be occupied by a cute kitten or puppy that someone would actually want. Chikako sometimes considered turning the cat in, but the thought of being responsible for killing it bothered her. Despite the fact that neither of them liked each other, nobody passed by Nekomata's new haunt more often than Chikako, so she felt as though she was more familiar to it than others were. She felt as though to some extent it was becoming accustomed to her typical coming and going, as lately it had taken to mostly just hissing at her, though it was still nowhere near safe for her to approach it.

She had already made plans to buy a small bag of treats for it at the convenience store that she passed by on her way back to her dorm, if it did not attack her, and thus warrant her kicking it. She hoped, at least, that a small peace offering would perhaps make the demon cat revert back to a semi-tame state. Though she was loathe to spend a single yen that was not necessary, it would be well-worth it if she could keep Nekomata from being put down by animal shelters, and also save people from the vengeful tabby's sharp teeth and claws, herself included. Chikako, though hated by the animal, could understand that Nekomata was an alien and an outsider in the world, just like her. In a very odd way, the raging behavior was somehow soothing, despite the fact that it was also irritating; the cat was fearsome and legendary, and had the freedom to express its opinions of people, no matter how negative. Chikako simply wished that society did not obligate females to be polite and okay every single day. Half the time her own respectful and polite disposition was merely a pretense, meant to hide all the harsh judgements she made about others.

It was this self-reflection that made Chikako willing to take care of such a mean feline. She would adopt the cat in a heartbeat, if she could make it behave in a docile fashion. Never mind that she lived in the dorms. There were not room mates in the single-occupant dorms where she lived, and the building, though having larger rooms, was so old that the dorm itself was practically deserted. The running water in the bathrooms was cold half the time, and it was agony to deal with drafty rooms, but it was cheap and meant that her scholarship left her with extra funding that could cover expenses that were not school or food-related. Keeping a cat in the dorms would be seen unusual, but Chikako did not think that anyone would mind her doing it, if she made sure to get permission to keep the stray. In fact, as poor as the building was, she needed some sort of guard dog or alarm system for protection. She was certain an attack cat would work.
Back to top Go down
Darkel
Admin
Darkel

Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaakuna Ishi (IC)   Jaakuna Ishi (IC) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:05 am

Kaito slammed his cell phone down onto the table. He ran his fingers frustratedly through his dark hair. A cup of Japanese tea was placed next to him by loving hands. Ryo, his girlfriend, sat in the chair next to him. She looked worried as well and waited for his response. He mumbled angrily to himself for a few moments before looking up at her. "That b*stard! I know he's done something again!" Kaito growled. "I haven't heard from Moe in days! It's that freak's fault!" He said bashing his fist against the table. Ryo gripped him by the shoulder.

"Kaito! Calm down!" she said. She felt the frustration and the worry coursing through his body as she touched him. His muscles tensed and he jerked away. He only looked at her surprised. He came back to his palms again. His black hair was mangled in messy fashions as he ruffled it in his fingers. He gave out a loud sigh.

"If he did something to Moe, who's to say we're not next? You remember what he did to our home!" Kaito said. Ryo nodded as memories of a glaring fire flashed through her head. She tried to push the thoughts away and simply looked at Kaito. He was staring back at her. "I'm going over to his house. If he got Moe, then... then he's got the key...."

"Kaito, don't you dare," Ryo said sternly. "Not only is it dangerous, but we spent so much time trying to get that key out of here. We don't want it back in. I'm not letting it back in this apartment."

"I know," Kaito said, getting up and looking out of the window. He leaned against the wall next to it and stared outside. It was getting late. He scratched behind his head, having a nervous itch. "But I can't just sit here. You know what that thing can do... Do you have any idea what he'd do with it?" He asked. Ryo shook her head, but she knew the answer quite clearly. Kaito grabbed his keys from a hook under his calendar in the kitchen and put his feet in his boots. A gun was at his side now. "I'm just going to drive by. I just want to see what's going on."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion

ViperaUnion

Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaakuna Ishi (IC)   Jaakuna Ishi (IC) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Chikako sneezed, just as she walked into the convenience store, covering her mouth as she did so with the black sleeve of her hoodie. It was getting late, and since the great Nekomata had kept his claws sheathed, she was, as planned, buying a small bag of cat treats. She was also aware that with the cooler night temperatures rolling in, she was beginning to develop a headache from the weather change. Though she tried not to be openly harsh, the pounding inside of her temples made it difficult to think with the full capacity of her brain, and almost always put her in a negative mood. Sometimes it was bad enough that she couldn't tell if she was simply suffering from issues due to changes in air pressure and temperature, or if she was coming down with a cold or the flu. Barometric pressure had, as she had grown older, become a severe hindrance to any project that she attempted. With only half a brain, she could not help but be less alert to what was occurring around her. In some cases, it might have been considered dangerous, considering the sun was starting to set, but because her nose would run whenever she sneezed, potential stalkers would avoid her, because she seemed to be sick.

She tried to ignore the fact that the small number of people who were in the store were giving her strange looks and uneasily backing away when she walked past them. She did not blame them for doing it, as she would have done something similar, had she been in their position. It was only a small tragedy that Chikako was actually perfectly fine, and was not suffering from any sort of contagious condition. As she looked through the aisles in the store and grabbed a bag of cat treats they happened to have, she made sure that whenever she sneezed she didn't cover her mouth with her hands. The man standing at the cash register didn't have anything better to do other than watch her. She didn't want him cursing her behind her back for handing him virus-infested change. The chances were, though, he would probably do it regardless, though he had little to worry about. There was an open bottle of hand-sanitizer at the counter that was clearly for employee use.

She checked the ingredients for anything strange in the cat treats, and, after affirming that they wouldn't hurt a cat used to a different diet, walked up to the register and handed it to the cashier, pulling her wallet out of her pocket and picking out the number of yen she needed to buy them. She sneezed into her sleeve again, and this time, was confronted by a look from the man. She lowered her arm, "Sorry, I have bad allergies." She apologized, her speech so highly formal it seemed even stranger than the act of sneezing. She used a lot of pronouns that weren't normally found in casual conversation. The man gave her a confused look, and handed her her change, "Thank you," She said, before turning with her purchase and walking out, proceeding back on her way home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaakuna Ishi (IC)   Jaakuna Ishi (IC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaakuna Ishi (IC)
Page 1 of 1