Storyweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyweb

Storyweb is a place where writers can gather and spread their art!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gambit (IC)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Whitefire

Whitefire

Gambit (IC) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 am

Whitefire bounded forward and unexpectedly scrambled onto Nuke's shoulders, still smiling happily. "Of course I'm coming." She purred happily, even though she was completely soaked from the rain,and twitched her whiskers at him.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 pm

Zal-Tek began digging his claws into the steps, just slightly, as they went up. It was the simplest way to get up the steps without slipping on the water that was coming down faster as they went. He squinted slightly, looking through the rain, but still couldn't see very well. He didn't really mind the rain, as he didn't have any fur or clothing that could get very wet, and it wasn't like they had anywhere to go except up the steps.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:44 am

The party travelled on for several more minutes before reaching the top of the tall staircase. They appeared to be on top of a mountain, though the top was flat like a plateau. It was not very wide, perhaps being the size of a basketball court. The most curious part about the top was that it appeared to be made of a white stone.

The rain stopped abruptly, but the mist settled in and made it very difficult to see once more. There did not appear to be anywhere to go.
Back to top Go down
http://safyr3.deviantart.com/
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 am

Nuke looked around, registering the curious area they were now in, and totally ignoring the fact that there was a large cat sitting on his shoulders. He addressed the little girl "Sarah, is this your home?" he asked, somewhat expecting a house. It wasn't as much of a surprise however.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:17 am

Resting her elbows on Nuke's head, Whitefire placed her head in her hands, blinking slowly at the empty plateau. "Well this is disappointing....." she mumbled. "I was hoping for this to be easy....of course it won't be." She swung her feet a little and tapped her boots together.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:26 am

The air in front of the party shimmered. Out from behind an invisible object came some familiar faces. The first was the Commander, who looked rather nervous but was smiling nonetheless. Até walked out from the other side, a mischievous grin plastered across her face.

"So you made it," Até laughed, crawling up the Commander's side and perching on his shoulder. He didn't like this but did not comment. His expression was worth a thousand words.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus

Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:56 pm

"Yes indeed we made it" answered Nuke, still ignoring the Whitefire on his shoulders. "Perhaps you could tell us what this was all about Até"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Whitefire hopped off of Nuke and stood quietly, blinked once at the commander, turned, held Dee's hand once more and took her light back from Nuke with a small, deft movement. She frowned ever so slightly, but not at anyone in particular.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 am

"I would've thought you'd just want to go home," Até frowned. She urged the Commander to step forward, which he did so hesitantly. Até looked up sharply. "Hey! Mind getting rid of this fog?!"

The was a short, light laugh, and suddenly the wind began to swirl. Within seconds the clouds cleared and the surrounding land, complete with the beginnings of a glorious sunset became visible. The wind coalesced into a humanesque figure standing next to Até, but it had no face and was hard to define as strictly male or female.

"Thank you, Wendy," Até said, nodding happily. She turned back towards the party. "As I was saying... Do you really want answers or would you rather go home? You can't have both."
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 am

Zal-Tek scowled at the three beings before him.  "You have taken more than enough of my time already," he grumbled, "but I would like to know what is going on here."

His eyes flashed dimly, showing his irritation more than the expression on his face, "are you sure there could not be a compromise of some sort?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:40 am

Though she was not in pain at the moment, Whitefire could only look at Até with a distressed look in her eyes. "We can't have both?" She tucked her wings to her sides just a little more tightly and gave a heartbroken glance in Até's direction. "However much I would like the former, I would much rather go home and find the answers myself."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 pm

"Curiosity killed the cat you know," Até laughed. "You want a compromise? Alright. Then what do you suggest?"
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Zal-Tek gave Até a look. "How should I know?" he asked, "I only know that I would prefer to both know what's going on, and go home." He raised an eyebrow, "one cannot make deals unless both parties want something."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Whitefire stepped forward and let go of Dee's hand, automatically wincing and staggering once before gaining her balance. "Até, you like to learn, right?" Whitefire gave an amused, but pain-filled look at her. "I can offer you something."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Até looked at Whitefire with interest. "You think you know something I don't?" she asked, as if she were trying to decide if she should be insulted or not. "Alright. Let's say for the moment that you do. What do you want in return?"
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:44 am

"...If I told you what I truly wanted, you wouldn't be able to give to me," Whitefire stated bluntly. "So instead, what I'd like, is to go home, and perhaps a small favor..." she paused. "Which would be giving my friends the answers to the questions they might have."
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Até smiled grimly. She turned to the ghostly form of Wendy, and seemed to speak to her through a series of whistles and clicks. The Commander looked bored and irritated now, and the thought of throwing Até crossed his mind for the sixth time. Wendy in the meantime nodded at Até, and took to the skies. In a burst of wind she vanished into the clouds above.

"Here's a thought," Até stated seriously. "What if, instead of humoring you, I erase your memories of this place and send you all homeward anyway?"

"...That's cheating," the Commander mumbled under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Zal-Tek was looking increasingly aggravated as the conversation went on. "And what," he asked, "would you stand to gain from that?" He narrowed his eyes, "in fact, what would you lose by just telling us? Is there a real reason, or are you just going out of your way to seem mysterious?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:56 pm

"Oh relax," Até growled at Zal-Tek. "If it makes you feel any better I can't actually take your memories. That was just a test." She then gestured at Dee, and stated with nonchalance, "He however could. But that's besides the point."
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:07 am

Whitefire blinked once, slowly getting irritated. She was in pain. More so than usual. She wanted to go home.

"ALRIGHT," she suddenly hissed, "If anyone has a problem with getting answers and going home just tell me and I won't offer anything." She snapped her teeth together angrily and glared at Zal-Tek. "Shut up for a second," she muttered to him, "just let this be easy."

"Até," Whitefire said tightly, "would you be willing to accept my offer?"
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 am

"Sure," Até smirked, rocking back and forth on the Commander's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Angelwolf99

Angelwolf99

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:27 am

Zal-Tek gave Whitefire a sideways look, grumbling quietly, but didn't say anything else. He didn't much care for being bossed around, and he would at least consider fussing at her later, but it seemed Até was more interested in whatever she had to say than what he had been trying to do. They might still be able to get some answers...
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 am

Sighing, Whitefire gestured for Até to come off the commander's shoulder. "Come on then...let's get this done with. You want knowledge, I want to go home and for my friends to get the answers they need." Wincing in pain, Whitefire crouched down and unsheathed one of her claws.
Back to top Go down
Sairei

Sairei

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:42 am

Até slithered down off the Commander's shoulder and hopped up to Whitefire, staring at her curiously. "Secretive are we?" she grinned. The Commander meanwhile, stepped back a few feet and looked decidedly relieved.

"What is kitty doing?" Sarah asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
Whitefire

Whitefire

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:06 am

"Secretive? Hardly." Reaching out her hand, Whitefire placed a claw under Até's chin and stared her in the eyes for a moment before sighing. Eyes closing, an orange light pulsed softly around both her and Até, before suddenly seeming to crackle and hiss. The white cat's memories and emotions were suddenly shared between them. War, blood, brutality. Victory. Triumph....then sorrow and bitterness, excruciating heartache, and waiting. Constant pain.

All the emotions and memories that coincided were felt by both.

A ship crashed with a blaze of light on the outskirts of a forest.

The light stopped crackling with energy, and pulsed once more, emotions calming. The pain diminished slightly, and Whitefire looked up at Até tiredly. "...I don't think I should keep going... the pain might physically harm you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambit (IC)   Gambit (IC) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambit (IC)
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storyweb :: One-on-One Roleplays :: 1x1 ICs-
Jump to: